CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How long until liberals are exposing our CHILDREN to homo sapiens?? 

Wait until you hear about them teaching our children about homo erectus.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sarcasm aside, there seems to be a "silent majority" in the gaming world. The Battlefront II outrage at lootcrates (justified imo) and progression was EVERYWHERE on the internet. I don't know a single human being who purchased that game. Not one.

Yet it still sold millions of copies. It didn't hit it's sales targets but it still sold a boatload of copies. 

Halo 4/5, two rubbish Halo titles still managed to sell millions of copies and there are still players who think sprint is actually something that belongs in Halo (for gameplay reasons, let alone the total removal of any unique identity Halo had).

This silent majority has to be the real target market. They might leave a one-star facebook review every now and then but in general they buy games on release, play them, and if they don't like them they move on to the next one without comment. Publishers still get the sale though.

Battlefront and Halo are always going to sell, no matter the backlash. Even people that give EA shit for the lootbox situation probably bought Battlefront 2. I mean, hell, look at FIFA. Every year, there's more complaints about Ultimate Team, and every year, EA makes fucking BANK off that shit. Undoubtedly more than they made the previous year. For Halo? Every time a Halo game is released, people buy it hoping that it's at least a modicum of what Halo used to be. Same thing with CoD.

This new EU godsquad should be interesting. I always thought kimbo and respectful were just a tad better than jimbo and mose but never really knew who would make for a better replacement over those two.

Accidental mobile neg, sorry dude.

Spartan's Twitter bio says pro player for ? Possibly dropped? Only players I could see being an upgrade would be saiyan or possibly Neptune.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Spartan's Twitter bio says pro player for ? Possibly dropped? Only players I could see being an upgrade would be saiyan or possibly Neptune.

Im pretty sure he had a team rec banner too.

Battlefront and Halo are always going to sell, no matter the backlash. Even people that give EA shit for the lootbox situation probably bought Battlefront 2. I mean, hell, look at FIFA. Every year, there's more complaints about Ultimate Team, and every year, EA makes fucking BANK off that shit. Undoubtedly more than they made the previous year. For Halo? Every time a Halo game is released, people buy it hoping that it's at least a modicum of what Halo used to be. Same thing with CoD.

Personally I either get stuck in the hype or it's just the fact that Halo has been such a huge part of my life since 14 that not buying it seems weird. Probably gonna wait out on Halo 6 though.

Sarcasm aside, there seems to be a "silent majority" in the gaming world. The Battlefront II outrage at lootcrates (justified imo) and progression was EVERYWHERE on the internet. I don't know a single human being who purchased that game. Not one.

Yet it still sold millions of copies. It didn't hit it's sales targets but it still sold a boatload of copies. 

Halo 4/5, two rubbish Halo titles still managed to sell millions of copies and there are still players who think sprint is actually something that belongs in Halo (for gameplay reasons, let alone the total removal of any unique identity Halo had).

This silent majority has to be the real target market. They might leave a one-star facebook review every now and then but in general they buy games on release, play them, and if they don't like them they move on to the next one without comment. Publishers still get the sale though.

casuals don't care about Reddit complaint threads with 100k upvotes

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best players in EU lately:

1. Kimbo

2. Respectful

3. SLG

It honestly depends how you define best.

Best all round - Kimbo

Best individual - Respectful

Best positioning - Jimbo

Best damage dealer - SLG/Snipedrone

Best wrecking ball - Mose

Best Sniper - Kimbo

Best IGL - TuFoxy/Phlux/Jimbo

A lot of different criteria that goes into how you'd define best, Jimbo is maybe fringe top 5 last season.

1) What is the difference between a damage dealer and a wrecking ball in your criteria?

2) What is the difference been "best all around" and "best individual"?

3) What are your criteria for rating best IGL?

casuals don't care about Reddit complaint threads with 100k upvotes

[citation needed]

• Upvote (+1) 1

It might just be all the orgs but maybe they just feel the top teams are so stacked there really aren't many (if any) changes they could make to push into the top 4 and don't want to risk their current position/org revenue. Things are maybe looking a little bit complacent overall

1) Big kills, bigger kills

2) Big kills with some ball time, just big kills

3) Tells other people to hold the ball so can get big kills

Here's a true fan of halo right here. :)

1) What is the difference between a damage dealer and a wrecking ball in your criteria?

2) What is the difference been "best all around" and "best individual"?

3) What are your criteria for rating best IGL?

1. Damage dealers like slg & snipedrone are more likely to be passive & laying down fire medium-long range: wrecking balls like Mose (also Jimbo to an extent) are first in, contact based damage dealers that fly in & make multiple people weak; mose is best at this bc more often than not at Worlds he was grabbing the first kill in team fights for infused

2. Best all round is a mixture of all categories, positioning, sniping, individual skill etc. Best individual is mostly gunskill

3. Mostly anecdotal from playing with them/being in discord for comms

• Upvote (+1) 4

Penguin's Twitter bio is "Halo player for hire" with no Rec banner, Snip3down has Rec in bio but not on his banner, Mikwen is the only one who still has Rec stuff on banner & bio.

Snip3down has played a ton of customs & MM with Saiyan, Trippey, & Ola. So it would seem like nV is -bubu +snip3down.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Penguin's Twitter bio is "Halo player for hire" with no Rec banner, Snip3down has Rec in bio but not on his banner, Mikwen is the only one who still has Rec stuff on banner & bio.

Snip3down has played a ton of customs & MM with Saiyan, Trippey, & Ola. So it would seem like nV is -bubu +snip3down.

If that's a real team, it looks like this NV/Rec shakeup will make no difference at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If that's a real team, it looks like this NV/Rec shakeup will make no difference at all.

I mean, what did you expect?

Might just be my nastolgia talking, but I'd take Snipedown over Bubu Dubu as an improvement to the NV lineup.

• Upvote (+1) 2

although i don't believe splyce can be dethroned... the current rosters don't have a chance in hell so i like to see this. but it could just be matchmaking

I think Tox has to shuffle in order to make anything worthwhile happen, but that's a big risk on their part.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Damage dealers like slg & snipedrone are more likely to be passive & laying down fire medium-long range: wrecking balls like Mose (also Jimbo to an extent) are first in, contact based damage dealers that fly in & make multiple people weak; mose is best at this bc more often than not at Worlds he was grabbing the first kill in team fights for infused

2. Best all round is a mixture of all categories, positioning, sniping, individual skill etc. Best individual is mostly gunskill

3. Mostly anecdotal from playing with them/being in discord for comms

So "Damage Dealer" = The glue type players like VictoryX/Chig who tend to have relatively even kill/death but decent damage/death ratios but low damage per minute, while "Wrecking Ball" = people with high damage per minute, relatively even kill/death, but sometimes awful damage/death comparatively?  Wrecking Ball, I assume, is analogous to CS Entry Fragger / MOBA Tanks?  Their job is to create space by exerting high amounts of pressure with presence, while your Damage Dealer is more about just keeping space safe and guarding space by keeping vision on the areas and laying down fire from afar?

Best All Around = Most Versatile, or Highest Averaged Skill across Multiple Categories?

Best Individual = Best Manual Dexterity?

And your response to 3 doesn't really answer what I'm looking for -- what about their comms are you rating as good IGL qualities?

although i don't believe splyce can be dethroned... i don't believe the current rosters have a chance in hell so i like to see this. but it could just be matchmaking

The customs they've played include 2v2s, so it's looking likely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, what did you expect?

A truly better team can be made between Rec and NV that could maybe challenge Tox and become at least the definitive 3rd best instead of 3rd/4th and it would need to have Bubu and Saiyan on it and then two people who can each slay better than Ola (love him but he can't hang with the top 2 when it comes to 1v1s).

IMO best team to make would be Bubu, Saiyan, Snipedown, and either Mikwen or Spartan as the 4th.