CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Always an upvote for Moana.

Is the 2v2 at Atlanta going to be open to anyone to enter? I'll be shooting for eUnited but I wanna play, the meme team >

Ya its open to everyone but im pretty sure it has a cap on teams. Saw tashi said like a week or 2 ago on twitter that they would probably have teams register online before the tournament.

Definitely noticed an increased fevor around Halo on social media recently. If it's marketed/managed correctly the MCC update could be massive for the scene. Early signs are good!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definitely noticed an increased fevor around Halo on social media recently. If it's marketed/managed correctly the MCC update could be massive for the scene. Early signs are good!

We should get the word out to as many people as we can that the update is finally coming and to go and pick up MCC second hand from a trade in shop. In the UK any shop such as CEX has loads of copies (because probably 90% of people sold theirs the first month after release  :mj: ) for like £15. I cant see many people buying the game at full price again but £15 for a mostly working MCC is a damn good deal  :ace:

We should get the word out to as many people as we can that the update is finally coming and to go and pick up MCC second hand from a trade in shop. In the UK any shop such as CEX has loads of copies (because probably 90% of people sold theirs the first month after release  :mj: ) for like £15. I cant see many people buying the game at full price again but £15 for a mostly working MCC is a damn good deal  :ace:

They could also get game pass as its going to be added into it. Idk when but im sure it will be around the time the update drops. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but i dont really see a problem with this. the 2v2 is aimed at fans to have a fun experience playing mcc on lan at dreamhack with a small prize pool. you cant displace your 300k main event for those matches or have teams get dq'd as no shows in either. it's not a good showing for such a large stage (for the 2v2 you want as many games being played as you can get to show off the gameplay.) i get that snipedown would want to play, but i would think his main focus should be winning dreamhack. then possibly we can get an exhibition h3 mcc 4v4 for the pros to fill the gap between this season and the next

brah m2k enters 4 events and its fine. Its just the TOs need to be on the ball

I was much better at Halo 3 relative to my peers.

enjoyed Halo 2 so much more.

It was cool having 50s in H3, but it didn't quite have the satisfaction of going from 33 -> 34 in Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 5

People like Halo 3 because it probably has the lowest skill floor of any halo game with the highest population of players.  Hell of a ratio.

Its got all the simplicity of H1 and H2.  The weapons have that RNG element that lets you survive and get kills when you shouldn't.  The power weapons/power ups are super hard to track so you "stumble upon" them more. The sniper is harder than H2, so newer players are dying to it a little less. The AR is easier to use because it doesn't have the recoil to it that H2 does.  Its got "Oh shit" button equipment that will keep you alive when you should have died.  It has less mechanical complexity than any other halo game.  Less than H1 or 2 because both of those had button glitches and H1 actually required you to aim your melees.  Less than Reach, 4 and 5 for obvious reasons. And way more people played it than any other halo game, so the nostalgia is deafening just by sheer numbers.

NONE of these things actually make the game "better" as there are other ways to lower the skill floor without compromising the consistency and competitive integrity of the game, but.... here we stand.

another thing that helped was that h3 was many people's first real foray into halo. it was a true system seller and pulled many people from the playstation line. its gonna be hard to convince someone that their first halo experience, the one that made them fall in love with the franchise is one of the weaker entries

• Upvote (+1) 3

another thing that helped was that h3 was many people's first real foray into halo. it was a true system seller and pulled many people from the playstation line. its gonna be hard to convince someone that their first halo experience, the one that made them fall in love with the franchise is one of the weaker entries

Yea this really. Playing H3 today would be enjoyable because that was my first real experience with it, and not because of what's come after. It's all subjective. Apollo made some good points. Putting an opinion in meme form doesn't make it fact or to say something is far better. It's all opinion. 

All this talk about H3 has made me go back and watch old MLG recaps from 08 onwards on ZeroSilences youtube channel.

So many memories. Theres just something about the game. I honestly hope that MCC rekindles the interest in the franchise and 343 go in a gameplay style more similar to the original trilogy. Obviously make it more modern but keep it simple stupid.

Yea this really. Playing H3 today would be enjoyable because that was my first real experience with it, and not because of what's come after. It's all subjective. Apollo made some good points. Putting an opinion in meme form doesn't make it fact or to say something is far better. It's all opinion. 

Yeah, Halo 3 was the first time for a lot of people and it held players hands way more than its predecessors.  Unfortunately it didn't do that with good skill matching or by making getting better rewarding by itself, it did that by giving players a lot of random shit that would keep them alive when they should have died.  For new players, not spending all game staring at a death screen is way more important than how many kills they get.  Thats the main reason why i can't help but laugh when people try to argue that the "grind is good" when it comes to classic Halo 2 and 3 style skill ranking/matching.

There are some really good things that Halo 3 did though to give everybody a carrot to keep playing, namely the per-playlist progression system and the veto system.  Those should NEVER have disappeared.  And i dont mean to make it sound like Halo 3 is the worst, its not by a long shot, but all the little RNG elements really add up to make it the hardest game to go back and play for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish they just implemented the Halo 3 MLG settings throughout the game not just in the MLG playlist. Nowadays people like faster movement and the 110% is perfect. Just do that for all the playlists and remove AR starts and it will be much better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

hard to swallow pills

How is it hard to swallow that h3 is the worst game of the OG trilogy? I'm a H3 kid by definition, but I can can clearly tell that CE has better game mechanics and H2 has the better maps and ranking system. Being the 3rd best Halo game is still an honor. The actual hard to swallow pill is that this was as good as it gets. Halo will never be as good as those days again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was cool having 50s in H3, but it didn't quite have the satisfaction of going from 33 -> 34 in Halo 2.

Agreed. I was happy to get my 50 in H3 at first especially since I'd never gotten it in H2.

That said, as I spent more time in the game, it meant less and less. So many 50s weren't particularly good at all, many of them just had decent shots but poor game sense, which can be enough to get by in MM. The enormous sample size contributes to that as well I guess.

Years later, I have much more pride in getting into the 40s in H2 rather than getting multiple 50s in H3

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've played much less CE than H3, but I enjoy it so much more. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did they take the H3 Hardcore playlist out of the MCC Insider Preview build? I only see the Team Slayer playlist now

Did they take the H3 Hardcore playlist out of the MCC Insider Preview build? I only see the Team Slayer playlist now

Yes, they're actively rotating the playlists.

gDBXmSR.png

I've been saying this for years. H2 4v4 is much better and H1 2v2 is unbeatable. Hell I even think NBNS Reach 4v4 is better than H3 4v4

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1