CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The movie is loosely correct as in France it has "Royal Cheese" in its name. @@TiberiusAudley's takeaway of it is odd, just because one country using the metric system calls something one thing doesn't mean other countries using the metric system would necessarily call it the same.

With that said, it's called a QP Cheese in Sweden. And to add; Subway is the only reason I know how long a foot is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

this 2v2 will be lit

i almost forgot that you used to have to work for a headshot with the sniper. i hope that 2v2 does really well. i would love to see the hcs go to h3 mcc until infinite comes out

• Upvote (+1) 8

this 2v2 will be lit

Snipedown just said on stream that 'we were pretty much told we can't play in the 2v2'.

He clarified by saying HCS or whoever said they wouldn't really have time to play and recommended they don't, because I guess if it comes down to a scheduling conflict they won't work around it and someone will have to forfeit.

Eric did finish up by saying he was going to try playing anyways.

edit: I realize that has nothing to do with Neighbor's tweet or anything as it won't affect him

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snipedown just said on stream that 'we were pretty much told we can't play in the 2v2'.

He clarified by saying HCS or whoever said they wouldn't really have time to play and recommended they don't, because I guess if it comes down to a scheduling conflict they won't work around it and someone will have to forfeit.

edit: I realize that has nothing to do with Neighbor's tweet or anything as it won't affect him

It affects Neighbor in the sense that he wouldn't win the event if Snip3down's playing the whole thing.  :lxthul:  

jokes

• Upvote (+1) 7

Man, it's always something

maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but i dont really see a problem with this. the 2v2 is aimed at fans to have a fun experience playing mcc on lan at dreamhack with a small prize pool. you cant displace your 300k main event for those matches or have teams get dq'd as no shows in either. it's not a good showing for such a large stage (for the 2v2 you want as many games being played as you can get to show off the gameplay.) i get that snipedown would want to play, but i would think his main focus should be winning dreamhack. then possibly we can get an exhibition h3 mcc 4v4 for the pros to fill the gap between this season and the next

• Upvote (+1) 6

LOL.  Neighbor and Bman in 2! 

maybe i'm misunderstanding you, but i dont really see a problem with this. the 2v2 is aimed at fans to have a fun experience playing mcc on lan at dreamhack with a small prize pool. you cant displace your 300k main event for those matches or have teams get dq'd as no shows in either. it's not a good showing for such a large stage (for the 2v2 you want as many games being played as you can get to show off the gameplay.) i get that snipedown would want to play, but i would think his main focus should be winning dreamhack. then possibly we can get an exhibition h3 mcc 4v4 for the pros to fill the gap between this season and the next

Not necessarily blaming the HCS staff. All I know is that MLG could pull it off.

• Downvote (-1) 1

How many teams do you guys think a $300k plus Halo 3 open event (4v4) would bring in today?

Assuming optimal conditions like being ran by MLG and located on the east coast somewhere.

its really not....  There is nothing but good in this.  

Not necessarily blaming the HCS staff. All I know is that MLG could pull it off.

You know MLG is still involved right?  Nobody can run 2 tournaments simultaneously with the same players without conflicts in a reasonable timeframe.  The H3 2v2 is for the fans and people that don't make it past day 1 anyway, not for the current pro players.  I would much rather watch Roy, lunch, Neighbor and BestMan make it to the finals and any of the current pro's anyway.

inb4 "Walshy and Ogre2 did it with Halo 2 and Shadowrun back in 2007"

• Upvote (+1) 7

It affects Neighbor in the sense that he wouldn't win the event if Snip3down's playing the whole thing.  :lxthul:  

jokes

Neighbor is scared of Snip3down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many teams do you guys think a $300k plus Halo 3 open event (4v4) would bring in today?

Assuming optimal conditions like being ran by MLG and located on the east coast somewhere.

Honestly, you'd probably gain 15 or so teams. So like 60-70 total teams.

There are still low tier H3 competitive guys that simply do not play anything past Reach that just don't play Halo anymore but still have a deep love for it that would come back. Plus the handful of pros like bestman and neighbor. But that's it. And I'm guessing that adds up to about 60 people. 

It's not my takeaway, it's literally the explanation given in the movie.  "It's called that cause of the Metric system."

What's the lesson? What is the take-away? 

Don't mess with Maui when he's on the break-away.

• Upvote (+1) 5

its really not.... There is nothing but good in this.

You know MLG is still involved right? Nobody can run 2 tournaments simultaneously with the same players without conflicts in a reasonable timeframe. The H3 2v2 is for the fans and people that don't make it past day 1 anyway, not for the current pro players. I would much rather watch Roy, lunch, Neighbor and BestMan make it to the finals and any of the current pro's anyway.

inb4 "Walshy and Ogre2 did it with Halo 2 and Shadowrun back in 2007"

How was Shadowrun different? I'm unaware. Also, Cbus 2012 FFA tournament? Didn't MLG used to run FFA and 1v1 tournies alongside H2 4v4s?

How was Shadowrun different? I'm unaware. Also, Cbus 2012 FFA tournament? Didn't MLG used to run FFA and 1v1 tournies alongside H2 4v4s?

Friday was FFA day in H2. 4v4 didn't even start until Saturday.

I'm pretty sure Cbus 2012 ran the entire FFA tournament before beginning the 4v4 as well.

Idk how they pulled that off in Shadowrun. I know Ogre 2 and Walsh didn't have to play until early afternoon on Saturday bc of Champ bracket and seeding, and Shadowrun didn't have a ton of teams in those tournaments.

Everyone should just congratulate Splyce on another H5 event win and play in the H3 2v2 instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when can we throw out halo 5 for Halo 3?

Still think a couple tweaks need made, but I have had more fun (aside from playing construct TS every game) than I have had in about a year playing halo.

good to see fis and hysteria play with ola after ninja left. they were telling some really funny halo 3 stories 

the one at totz lan where clutch told ola he only sucks up to mr p because he likes his daughter was amazing. the punchline was perfect..

"how did he know?"

ola streaming full-time is the dream

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills with this H3 MCC build.  It feels better than the old MCC version but it's still H3, a game with a ton of flaws that has not aged well ... I really enjoyed H3 in 2008-10 but it's very hard to go back. 

Even with its flaws (and there are many) I enjoy H5 more than H3, at least after I get the first few H3 nostalgia games out of my system. 

I would prefer watching H3 in terms of competition though 
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1