CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Managed to win 21 games today, and lose 8, went from 1560 onyx to diamond 5!!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, i dropped 3 kills in the FFA tournament  :mj:

Ninja would definitely play Halo again if the game had enough traction and was popular enough. He left, but you just know that he still loves Halo. I think he always will. Summit1G is also a big Halo fan, and I'm sure a lot of other streamers are too. So many of the big streamers now, simply based on age had to have played Halo at some point (CE, H2, H3, or Reach)

And thats why i don't play that game.  If i wanted to build shit, i would play Minecraft.  I want to shoot people and have them shoot me back.

It's a lot more than that and I held off on really working on building for the longest time because of this, but it adds a ton of depth and creativity to the fights. The building/editing ways of attacking people let you pull off some really sick plays.

It's a lot more than that and I held off on really working on building for the longest time because of this, but it adds a ton of depth and creativity to the fights. The building/editing ways of attacking people let you pull off some really sick plays.

Say what you will about Fortnite but I am always surprised that building is the game mechanic that gets as much hate as it does. It isn't really "advanced movement" as we've seen in other titles but if you do try to compare it with other games, building is more skillful than any advanced movement mechanic I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Say what you will about Fortnite but I am always surprised that building is the game mechanic that gets as much hate as it does. It isn't really "advanced movement" as we've seen in other titles but if you do try to compare it with other games, building is more skillful than any advanced movement mechanic I've ever seen.

Tribes.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Its really not more than that though. I want people to fight me. I get that building has a lot of skill and speed involved and i'm not debating the merits of that. Its just not the kind of game i was to play. You can't get consistently better at that game unless you master building, period.  I want people to fucking shoot me. Not run around their Taj Mahals and shotgun-snipe me from 400 feet in the air.  I guess thats my problem with BR games in general. For the most part there is a hell of a lot more avoiding conflict than there is starting conflict, and where the hell is the fun in that?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I guess thats my problem with BR games in general. For the most part there is a hell of a lot more avoiding conflict than there is starting conflict, and where the hell is the fun in that?

The common factor for both of these styles is your life. BRs you only get one. Arena FPS you get to respawn. Just like the end of a slayer when you're trying to conserve your deaths. BRs are on an extreme end. Much like Hardcore mode in Diablo games. That style isn't your tea. I like it personally as a gametype, but not a base game. 

Its really not more than that though. I want people to fight me. I get that building has a lot of skill and speed involved and i'm not debating the merits of that. Its just not the kind of game i was to play. You can't get consistently better at that game unless you master building, period.  I want people to fucking shoot me. Not run around their Taj Mahals and shotgun-snipe me from 400 feet in the air.  I guess thats my problem with BR games in general. For the most part there is a hell of a lot more avoiding conflict than there is starting conflict, and where the hell is the fun in that?

There are times I'll shoot at someone and the fight immediately turns into a 20 second wall/ramp spam battle. I'll just stop mid-fight because it's exhausting and the game feels more like a building game opposed to an FPS at that point. I'm with you, I find engaging/shooting more entertaining than mindlessly building 300 ft in the air. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That why I prefer PUBG. The shooting is quite fun in it and the new map Sanhok is great. People say it's slow. Then I suggest you watch how Shroud plays it. It's anything but slow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The common factor for both of these styles is your life. BRs you only get one. Arena FPS you get to respawn. Just like the end of a slayer when you're trying to conserve your deaths. BRs are on an extreme end. Much like Hardcore mode in Diablo games. That style isn't your tea. I like it personally as a gametype, but not a base game.

comparing it to HC in Diablo is a bit of a stretch lol

It's like he wants a Halo 4

God that is a terrible idea... But this does justify a lot of what the old school MW2 guys claimed back in the day as Black Ops and CWL was announced. Competitive Cod is simply not a fun version of Cod. What made Cod fun was all the OP guns, killstreaks and pub stomps. I kinda feel them.

As far at the Fortnite thing goes - I'm in the same boat in that I just want to shoot people in 1st person - just a personal thing.

I understand the game is skillful and fun but just not for me. 

- The building is skillful, the shooting is not. 

- Not a fan of the artstyle 

- Not a fan of 3rd person

As far at the Fortnite thing goes - I'm in the same boat in that I just want to shoot people in 1st person - just a personal thing.

I understand the game is skillful and fun but just not for me. 

- The building is skillful, the shooting is not. 

- Not a fan of the artstyle 

- Not a fan of 3rd person

For me there is something about shooting someone who then immediately builds the Empire State Building that doesn't click in my brain. 90% of fights turn into twitchyspinny shotgun fights around jenga towers which is just not my cup of tea.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I upvoted on the quality of this GIF alone. Vincent Vega never looked so fresh.

There are only two things I learned from that movie:

1. A Quarterpounder with Cheese is called a Royale with Cheese in areas with the Metric system.

2. Don't do heroin.  You'll get constipated and die in a stranger's home.

• Upvote (+1) 4

:ace:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :ace:

I woke up to see this is on twitter and lost my shit lol I am a huge roy and lunch fan especially when it comes to them playing H3. I hope they go to Atlanta so I can fanboy properly 

There are only two things I learned from that movie:

1. A Quarterpounder with Cheese is called a Royale with Cheese in areas with the Metric system.

2. Don't do heroin.  You'll get constipated and die in a stranger's home.

It's called a Quarterpounder here in Aus