CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@bman content is back :D

This was more enjoyable to watch than any Halo 5 gameplay in recent memory  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

This was more enjoyable to watch than any Halo 5 gameplay 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was more enjoyable to watch than any Halo 5 gameplay in recent memory  :simms:

How about that hit registration?!?! Seeing MMC Inside gameplay makes me want to play Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I remember correctly, MLG Raleigh 2010 was like 1-2 weeks before Reach's release date, so a lot of players and teams (myself included) pretty much thought it was pointless to spend the money on flights, team passes, hotels, etc. to only play the game for another week or so before the new iteration came out.

The next event in DC was the first event for Halo: Reach, and was a combine for amateurs only, that gave players a HUGE incentive to want to go and make a name for themselves. Notable players finishing in the top 8 teams included Lethul (1), Blaze (1), Calm Mentality (2), Swift Kill (2), Cratos (4), and Ninja (5).

Numbers don't give the whole story and there are always extra variables that need to be considered. H3 would have continued to succeed as a game overall based on sheer XBL population numbers, and simply discussing one playlist or the competitive community's interest in the game doesn't paint an accurate picture of how popular H3 still was three years after its release.

Ninja might be making millions, meeting celebrities etc. but he’s forever a reach kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about that hit registration?!?! Seeing MMC Inside gameplay makes me want to play Halo again.

Are you going to?  :lxthul:

If I remember correctly, MLG Raleigh 2010 was like 1-2 weeks before Reach's release date, so a lot of players and teams (myself included) pretty much thought it was pointless to spend the money on flights, team passes, hotels, etc. to only play the game for another week or so before the new iteration came out.

IDK how many players showed up but the number of teams registered for the event was 272. 

Ninja might be making millions, meeting celebrities etc. but he’s forever a reach kid.

Sounds fine to me due to the first five words of your post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah Fortnite is bigger, but it is having a similar impact on the esports landscape and the video game industry as a whole.

Everything is bigger these days. More people are connected than ever, more people are gaming than ever. Halo was also exclusively Xbox 360. Fortnite is on EVERYTHING.

Everything is bigger these days. More people are connected than ever, more people are gaming than ever. Halo was also exclusively Xbox 360. Fortnite is on EVERYTHING.

Was still the biggest game before it went on mobile and Nintendo. Everything is bigger now days but not big like fortnite is, it literally goes above and beyond.

I don’t even like it thst much it’s just impressive to see.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was still the biggest game before it went on mobile and Nintendo. Everything is bigger now days but not big like fortnite is, it literally goes above and beyond.

I don’t even like it thst much it’s just impressive to see.

It's definitely massive but gaming still wasn't in the full mainstream in 2007 as it is now. In terms of "percentage of people who actively play games" it's probably on par with Halo.

Fortnite is part of a perfect storm in the media and gaming environment.

• PUBG making headlines in gaming industry due to its immense growth and popularity.
  • Costs money though, and is pretty broken.
  • Piggy back on that attention.
  • make BR game.
  • Be free.
  • People who want in on BR craze can do so without spending a dime.
  • make game crazy accessible.
  • Streamer explodes in popularity as a result of playing game
  • Streamer becomes highest viewed streamer ever playing game with famous people
  • people like to do things famous people do.
  • fortnite is free and available on everything

We will not see a game as popular as Fortnite for a while. It was always going to be succesful, but it being this hyper-popular is mostly pure luck due to the timing it was released. 

Tbh, I doubt we will ever see a game as big as Fortnite again.

• PUBG making headlines in gaming industry due to its immense growth and popularity.
  • make BR game.
  • Be free.
We will not see a game as popular as Fortnite for a while. It was always going to be succesful, but it being this hyper-popular is mostly pure luck due to the timing it was released.

People said the same thing about WoW and the League game and shattered every metric.

It's so early in the lifespan of gaming man. We will see a few games get bigger than Fortnite in our lifetime. The bigger and more mainstream gaming gets, the bigger the audience and gamer population. It's an important piece in gaming history? Yes. Is it the biggest game there will ever be? Not a chance. 

It's so early in the lifespan of gaming man. We will see a few games get bigger than Fortnite in our lifetime. The bigger and more mainstream gaming gets, the bigger the audience and gamer population. It's an important piece in gaming history? Yes. Is it the biggest game there will ever be? Not a chance. 

I hope not, because I'm so rubbish at it you have no idea. I enjoy watching Ninja play or tfue and it's so entertaining, my brain can't even process what they are doing. For me personally it's the most entertaining game to watch since halo 3. But when I play? I'm not even below average I'm full on noob stats. When I die just assume it's a 13 year old drugged up on sugar who somehow manged to build the taj mahal in front of me in 2 seconds.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope not, because I'm so rubbish at it you have no idea. I enjoy watching Ninja play or tfue and it's so entertaining, my brain can't even process what they are doing. For me personally it's the most entertaining game to watch since halo 3 .But when I play? I'm not even below average I'm full on noob stats. When I die just assume it's a 13 year old drugged up on sugar who somehow manged to build the taj mahal in front of me in 2 seconds.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

And thats why i don't play that game.  If i wanted to build shit, i would play Minecraft.  I want to shoot people and have them shoot me back.

And thats why i don't play that game.  If i wanted to build shit, i would play Minecraft.  I want to shoot people and have them shoot me back.

No I think it's actually good I'm just rubbish at it. 

V37fkLE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

litty

• make BR game.
  • Be free.

I've been hanging out in some Black Ops 4 streams and people there treat Fortnite like Halo players treated CoD when it started taking over. I wonder what will be next.

• Upvote (+1) 1