CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i wish the eu teams didnt just dissolve every offseason

It sorta seems like they throw things at the wall and see what sticks, then use the honeymoon phase as some kinda indicator as to whether or not they might have a chance against top NA teams. At least that's what he seems like.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not really in the camp who believes teams like stick together longer have a better chances at getting the the top. There's definitely a plateau after awhile, and I think the whole chemistry thing is overblown aside from a few duo's.

Twin Peaks. It's like Halo. It's life.

For anybody wanting to watch it;

There's 2 pilots. Do NOT watch the european one, it's a standalone movie(in case the series wouldn't air in Europe) and spoils some key mysteries... Like the main one.

During the middle of season 2 ABC tried to streamline production by removing Lynch and Frost, and oh boy are those episodes bad, there should be a chart somewhere about which parts of those episodes you can skip.

And for those who have watched Twin Peaks;

Play Swery games, Deadly Premonition primarily, which is bad from a technical standpoint(the forced-in by the publisher action gameplay & driving is really bad,) but it's pretty much Twin Peaks: The game. One of my favorite games, highly recommend it.

There's 2 pilots. Do NOT watch the european one, it's a standalone movie(in case the series wouldn't air in Europe) and spoils some key mysteries... Like the main one.

During the middle of season 2 ABC tried to streamline production by removing Lynch and Frost, and oh boy are those episodes bad, there should be a chart somewhere about which parts of those episodes you can skip.

Play Swery games, Deadly Premonition primarily, which is bad from a technical standpoint(the forced-in by the publisher action gameplay & driving is really bad,) but it's pretty much Twin Peaks: The game. One of my favorite games, highly recommend it.

How much you liked s3 ? Just curious, I loved it.

I just wish awoken Cooper had little more time to shine.

Some of the later S2 episodes were bad, but you could still live trough it because of the characters. Finale saved it though.

Funny how Lynch brought back his characters and killed of the others in one episode

I would almost say the last S2 episode wouldn't be so good if the previous episodes weren't so bad. Still, love it overally. Too many great characters, ideas, atmosphere...

I need to go back to Deadly Premonition at some point. I bought the PS3 version and enjoyed the little I played.

How much you liked s3 ? Just curious, I loved it.

I just wish awoken Cooper had little more time to shine.

Some of the later S2 episodes were bad, but you could still live trough it because of the characters. Finale saved it though.

Funny how Lynch brought back his characters and killed of the others in one episode.

I would almost say the last S2 episode wouldn't be so good if the previous episodes weren't so bad. Still, love it overally. Too many great characters, ideas, atmosphere...

Loved S3, the only complaints I can think of is that 2 episodes dragged on but

in the grand scheme of things, it made the Coop return that much sweeter

so I'm okay with it, and Michael Cera's cameo.

There's only 2 things that I hate in TP; James' song and

his fucking season 2 out of town arc, it resulted in nothing but my misery watching through it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Loved S3, the only complaints I can think of is that 2 episodes dragged on but

in the grand scheme of things, it made the Coop return that much sweeter

so I'm okay with it, and Michael Cera's cameo.

There's only 2 things that I hate in TP; James' song and

his fucking season 2 out of town arc, it resulted in nothing but my misery watching through it.

I am FBI !

Honestly, as much as everybody makes fun of the Halo 5 era, I think there's a lot of good to take out of it. I decided I would probably never go to an event during Halo 4. Everything that happened after like MCC, autos/splinters/breakout in Halo 5, and worlds 2017 just further cemented my opinion. But after all the things I hated were removed I enjoyed the game considerably more, then we had MS store events, we got the LAN app, then we got MLG back, and it finally convinced me to attend worlds with friends I made at the MS store events. Then at worlds they had a Halo 1 setup where I was able to play with different members of 343 staff, casters, pros, and community members. I know everybody said this after H4 Global Championships, but it really feels like people behind the HCS not only "get it" but they have the resources to finally chase it, which I'm not sure they had after H4GC. Even if Halo 6 isn't the best competitive game by default, I feel the HCS team and Tashi have enough influence to adjust the game to at least be Halo 5's level, if not better, which in my opinion is a pretty solid title.

The last twelve months or so have been phenomenal in my opinion. It sucks that it's coming at a point where people want a new Halo game, but this is the happiest I've been with Halo in years.

This is the exact feeling I've had and I'm glad there is more and more people getting involved on a more grassroots level because I firmly believe that is vital for our growth. I remember when MOBAs weren't even on the radar I would see comicbook stores and boardgame/cardgame shops hosting tons of LANs for em. H5 is the most consistent online experience in the series for me, It's just unfortunate most of the time the connection feels better at home than it does trying to LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I came here after the battlefield V reveal expecting some conversation about it. Surprisingly nothing

What is this, a Halo forum?

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

After reading info about Battlefield V I'm a lot more optimistic but that reveal trailer is the worst first impression I've ever had for a game.

Not exaggerating, it's an AWFUL trailer.

• Upvote (+1) 6

After reading info about Battlefield V I'm a lot more optimistic but that reveal trailer is the worst first impression I've ever had for a game.

Not exaggerating, it's an AWFUL trailer.

There's actually a lot of good stuff they didn't show for some reason

• Upvote (+1) 4

can I sleep in your place

Yes, ill make you a bed up at the arena if you fancy it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably because Trevor Noah took up all the time asking about tank fetishes.

I'd heard the Battlefield V trailer was bad.

It's hard to really understand how bad it is until you see it. I can't believe that was approved. EA is fucking losing it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure why they put a HUD over a cinematic trailer.

Body dragging, fortifications, the wealth of vehicles, guns and settings that will be in the game... why were none of these in the trailer? Instead they had WW2 Furiosa and her singlet-clad buddies running through a house?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Game trailers need to evolve. Focus-group and in-lab testing showed that these trailers were popular with the average gamer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Game trailers need to evolve. Focus-group and in-lab testing showed that these trailers were popular with the average gamer.

Sarcasm aside, there seems to be a "silent majority" in the gaming world. The Battlefront II outrage at lootcrates (justified imo) and progression was EVERYWHERE on the internet. I don't know a single human being who purchased that game. Not one.

Yet it still sold millions of copies. It didn't hit it's sales targets but it still sold a boatload of copies. 

Halo 4/5, two rubbish Halo titles still managed to sell millions of copies and there are still players who think sprint is actually something that belongs in Halo (for gameplay reasons, let alone the total removal of any unique identity Halo had).

This silent majority has to be the real target market. They might leave a one-star facebook review every now and then but in general they buy games on release, play them, and if they don't like them they move on to the next one without comment. Publishers still get the sale though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, ill make you a bed up at the arena if you fancy it. 

perfect

I remember that large section of WWII that was fought exclusively by female amputees. Truly a horrific era.

• Upvote (+1) 8