CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well ... I actually prefer other casters over him, he is a good host tho.

Just give me T2, Elamite and Walshy.

Pretty much my exact thoughts on him. I love him on the desk he always brings a lot of passion.

Damn that made me teary eyed. It exemplifies what Saucey said. Goldenboys been at it for like 10 years,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre2 might be the most boring streamer in the history of streaming.  Watching SoO or other South Korean SC2 pros who literally don't understand English is more entertaining.  He just doesn't have the personality for it, which is fine, but that probably explains why he (1) didn't try to build his brand ten years ago and (2) is finding it to be difficult now.

To be fair, that is the case for alot of "oldschool FPS pros' which I would classify Ogre 2 as. That goes for scenes like CS 1.6,Quake, UT, ect.. there is tons of amazing players that are forgotten today in the modern e-sport landscape that were pioneers for their time, but didn't blow up during the "Twich age" and Youtube age where alot of these newer pros with less prestige have gotten popular from. Even pros who made a name self-promoting through sponsorships and who made their own PC brands like Fatal1ty struggle to attract viewers/followers despite GREAT effort being put into streaming and you-tube. I know, because I was always in his streams when he did Toxikk, UT4 pre-alpha, QC, BF4,ect.. to me he is a legend(and still VERY skilled mechanically either dont tell me hes "washed" when some 15 yr old couldn't out-shoot him, let alone out-think him, in UT or Quake like these newer FPS games. If you dont believe me look up his 70-0 Toxikk game-play or UT4 pre-alpha Duels vs known UT vets) but to others that is not their time period when they were brought into e-sports so they could care less. 

Its sad, its almost like the entire age of the "Golden era of FPS esports" has slowly died out, and with it the players who were pioneers and big names in that era. The new age of e-sports has not been kind to many oldschool pros, sometimes unfairly, in my opinion. I would like to see what would happen though, if a quality "oldschool" FPS was made that gained popularity if that would change like QC for example. I always thought what made Ogre 2 a good teammate is that he never was a "ME" player like T2 was at times, he never sought the limelight so it never seeked him. Simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate to say it and I might get hate but I really don't give a fuck either way. People only l watch ogre 2 because he's the GOAT of Halo 1 not because he has an engaging personality which is why he doesn't have that many people watch him play anything else. And you know he's pretty fucking boring tbh. 

I like to tune in to his Halo 1 streams to see how it's done on occassion. 

Just trying to play some casual diamond Team Arena on this lovely night and get matched up against fucking BATCHFORD AND SNIPEDRONE REAL COOL.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Fortnite won't really feel competitive to me until the entire lobby is filled with competitive players. Things like Fortnite Friday and the like are definitely fun to watch, but it essentially boils down to which pro players can pubstomp the hardest, and find the most bad players to take advantage of. Summer Skirmish was more interesting to me as there was more competition, but I don't even know if it was purely competitive players. What I'm really curious about is what form the first actual even will take. I assume it will have a scoring system similar to Summer Skirmish, where points are awarded for kills but winning is still the main focus. I want to know if it will be duos or squads though. 

I think Average Placing divided by (Total Kills + 1) would be a decent scoring system, with the lowest number winning. The plus 1 is to avoid the problem of dividing by zero. Maybe some math wizards can explain to me why that would be bad.

Run that scoring system over the course of a series of games, and I think it'd be a decent way of determining the best teams, and rewarding aggression.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man absolutely slayed it on the biggest stage of his career. Everyone in my living room commented how good a hype man he was.

Nice to see past and present members of the community taking off all on the same weekend (Ninja, Simms, GB, Puckett) even if we aren't center stage.

it really is amazing how much of the current esports landscape was brought up through halo. from mlg to ninja to goldenboy and simms which makes the current state of halo esports that much more depressing

it really is amazing how much of the current esports landscape was brought up through halo. from mlg to ninja to goldenboy and simms which makes the current state of halo esports that much more depressing

Didn't @@GoldenboyFTW start in COD?

can we take a moment to appriciate @@GoldenboyFTW. the man straight up killed it during the owl finals and yet he still comes back to halo and brings the same energy and passion to our scene

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/291018198?t=0h08m24s

here's him breaking down some mc'ing. i cannot be more happy for the success he's found

I love that he was on ESPN.

Alex is one of the best people I have met in esports. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love that he was on ESPN.

Alex is one of the best people I have met in esports. 

I believe he was also on CNBC or something today as well.  Overall a great guy and people who hate on him are losers.

Edit: Found the link

• Upvote (+1) 7

Slightly off topic but here's my cat in a suitcase.

dlaNTQv.jpg

looks like you've...

dQmD4p6.gif

let the cat out of the bag

• Upvote (+1) 7

Goldenboy is the best. I'm glad he still sticks it out with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just trying to play some casual diamond Team Arena on this lovely night and get matched up against fucking BATCHFORD AND SNIPEDRONE REAL COOL.

Good joke. Casual Team Arena. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Said the Halo community since forever. Damn shame as hes the best colour in this game by a country mile, please let this man work a halo stage again.  :salt:

have we ever gotten any word on why he hasnt been invited to cast? i'd love to see a walshy/t2 cast again. 

@@CyReN, @@Saucey would there be a way to do an ama with him?it'd be cool to get him on beyond again

• Upvote (+1) 2

looks like you've...

dQmD4p6.gif

let the cat out of the bag

ehhh

g4L9799.gif

I'll give it to you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

have we ever gotten any word on why he hasnt been invited to cast? i'd love to see a walshy/t2 cast again. 

@@CyReN, @@Saucey would there be a way to do an ama with him?it'd be cool to get him on beyond again

Yeah I totally agree, he was easily the best caster we had, he had the best play by play and was colorful. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just assumed it was fallout from that tweet where he said casuals should play campaign or whatever. I haven't really been paying attention though so I could be way off base.

I believe it was down to him owning str8.