FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xTiTnDAP0RiCo9k85W/giphygif

They didn't drop Walshy because of his performance, they dropped him because of his (alleged) lack of commitment to the team, from their point of view. But even then I think it's wild to say that he was easily the best player on FB at that time.

And don't get me wrong, I love Walshy. While it may have appeared to be an 'epic fail' at the time given how the 08 season played out, ultimately it's Ogre 2 who ended up winning multiple halo tournaments & multiple national championships after Meadowlands (to Walshy's zero).

The way walsh tells it, they were envious of his red bull sponsorship

The way your eyes tell it Walsh just couldn't shoot in H3. I don't really know why and I don't think he does either when he sort of addresses it offhand in a few interviews leading up to Reach. That sort of (he couldn't win but got close) worked in 08 and 09 because he was just smart. In 2010 he went to the same place that all of the other players without tons of individual skill went in the top 8 and that's into the top 12/16 outside of... one event that had more than 8 teams? 

Its actually insane seeing people saying 2gre was just carried in H3 though like he wasn't actually just that good and earned a place on that team. People seem to forget that FB was getting close to top placing and losing very close series to teams like TD during parts of 09 and the start of 2010 before Pistola 

• Upvote (+1) 2

2gre couldnt shoot in h3 either. Theres a reason he went from slay machine to flanking obj guy.

To be fair, i blame the game mostly

• Upvote (+1) 2

2gre couldnt shoot in h3 either. Theres a reason he went from slay machine to flanking obj guy.

To be fair, i blame the game mostly

I've always thought it was the switch away from CRT tvs to viewsonics with input latency. I know I was about 1000000x worse for a long time after switching where a lot of people just swapped over like nothing was different. I don't know why that impacted people differently but its the only thing that really made sense to me at the time

The way your eyes tell it Walsh just couldn't shoot in H3. I don't really know why and I don't think he does either when he sort of addresses it offhand in a few interviews leading up to Reach. That sort of (he couldn't win but got close) worked in 08 and 09 because he was just smart. In 2010 he went to the same place that all of the other players without tons of individual skill went in the top 8 and that's into the top 12/16 outside of... one event that had more than 8 teams? 

Its actually insane seeing people saying 2gre was just carried in H3 though like he wasn't actually just that good and earned a place on that team. People seem to forget that FB was getting close to top placing and losing very close series to teams like TD during parts of 09 and the start of 2010 before Pistola 

fb didn't win an event after walshy got dropped until pistola joined

here's the halo history vid talking about the fb drama. its about 25 min in but its an awesome talk with roy (33 min for why he got dropped)

• Upvote (+1) 3

snip

Yup I wasn't trying to imply he was dropped over his individual play or anything it was more aimed at people saying he was better in that regard at the time. The real reason FB was just "bad" for so long is they were probably the least aggressive team there has ever been. Like setting up in their own lobby and just not moving on Narrows and stuff sometimes lol. The scary thing is that they almost made it work more than once and finished around 3rd. That finally kind of stopped around 2010 and they took 3rd (Totz), 2nd (Ola), 1st, 1st, 1st

Walshy mentioned in one of his history videos with Roy (think it was Roy) that it all basically came down to money.

Walshy was pulling in a lot from his Red Bull sponsorship and didn't think it was fair to share what he worked for on his own. He mentioned that if they could convince up that they should be receiving a cut he was open to discussions, but it would be difficult trying to tell someone that they deserve a cut of your sponsorship money.

From his point of view, that's kind of the behind the scenes. It would be interesting to get the Ogres take on it after so many years, but the past is the past.

Thats absolutely ridiculous if they thought he was "obligated" to share His sponsorship money with them, the Ogres were notorious for not interacting with people within the community, why would redbull want to sponsor them? Walshy was a fan favorite, and someone who went out of his way to always interact with fans.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo pro players have never really give a shit about building a name for them self’s. Honestly only been a handful that has. Best thing you’ll get is maybe a twitch stream and even then they hardly interact with their chat..you know their fucking fans.

About 5 years ago I was praying for “good” content from the likes of ogre 2, ola, snipedown. Now I just don’t give a fuck, honestly.

Sad but true, the new bread of pros are 50/50 though with this. Back in H2/H3 pros were non-existent, if I didn't play on LANs I probably wouldn't have known half those people existed, let alone the fact I actually got invited to customs. I couldn't even imagine being a casual fan back then, players outside of a very FEW gave a shit at all about their fans, or the scene (funny because now their scene is falling apart and they don't understand). Players like Shotzzy and renegade, aka the new hotness seem to be carrying on that tradition. But players like Musa, ContrA (rip), and a hand few of others actually seem to give a shit about being interactive, playing with casuals, community outreach etc.

Funny thing is, Actionman is hands down one of the best things to ever happen to the community, dude really pushes halo and seems to get ZERO recognition, which is sad.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Funny thing is, Actionman is hands down one of the best things to ever happen to the community, dude really pushes halo and seems to get ZERO recognition, which is sad.

Ac7ionmannn does a great job. His sub count and consistent viewership doesn't support your claim though. Love that guy and very happy for his success!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sad but true, the new bread of pros are 50/50 though with this. Back in H2/H3 pros were non-existent, if I didn't play on LANs I probably wouldn't have known half those people existed, let alone the fact I actually got invited to customs. I couldn't even imagine being a casual fan back then, players outside of a very FEW gave a shit at all about their fans, or the scene (funny because know their scene is falling apart and they don't understand). Players like Shotzzy and renegade, aka the new hotness seem to be carrying on that tradition. But players like Musa, ContrA (rip), and a hand few of others actually seem to give a shit about being interactive, playing with casuals, community outreach etc.

Who is actionman and why is he relevant?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who is actionman and why is he relevant?

He’s not a pro player but still cares more about the community than all the pro players put together.

Not relevant at all in the community...

Fuck I miss kampy man!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fuck I miss kampy man!

Same, always had a blast watching his stream for our tourneys. I feel like Fortnite would have been a perfect game for him if he was around still.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT but I need to vent.

Altered Carbon cast Anthony Mackie as the main actor in season 2.

RIP one of my favourite shows....

Same, always had a blast watching his stream for our tourneys. I feel like Fortnite would have been a perfect game for him if he was around still.

Bro, I keep thinking about how kampy would do In fortnite, I think he’d pull of some crazy shit.

@@Knight knight he kinda seems to avoid social media, I think he’ll come back for halo 6 for sure.

Ac7ionmannn does a great job. His sub count and consistent viewership doesn't support your claim though. Love that guy and very happy for his success!

Viewership and sub count may be good form a venue point of view, but he should be one of the faces of the game, advertised when we log in etc. He gets no recognition from pros, 343, or major events like MLG etc. He may not be a pro player, but he does way more than most of them ever have. Obviously Ryanoob and a very limited amount of pros have pushed content, but actionman literally streams for like 15 hours 7 days a week.

If an org really wanted to pick up a streamer for Halo, its him, he would do wonders for them from an exposure stand point.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Viewership and sub count may be good form a venue point of view, but he should be one of the faces of the game, advertised when we log in etc. He gets no recognition from pros, 343, or major events like MLG etc. He may not be a pro player, but he does way more than most of them ever have. Obviously Ryanoob and a very limited amount of pros have pushed content, but actionman literally streams for like 15 hours 7 days a week.

If an org really wanted to pick up a streamer for Halo, its him, he would do wonders for them from an exposure stand point.

No argument here. However, if he keeps this up he will be in a prime position for Halo 6's launch.. not to mention in about 5 years maybe turning into a multi streamer or adopting another game with multiplatform support.  He casts tournaments as well and it's hilarious! The recognition isn't needed but it definitely is deserved.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How many subs?

How many subs?

950 last time I checked, not raking in the cash, but enough to live off without a doubt, thats roughly 40k a year, which is a low end white collar job.

• Upvote (+1) 1