FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Probably just not a lot of varied opinion over there, just checked and there's 15 users online there compared to 1048 here.

Yeah there’s not much traction over there, though a couple posts here and there over the course of the sub’s lifespan have suggested a bias.

Gears is hard to watch because it literally gives me a headache with the way the camera moves. Something about the multiplayer has never stuck with me either, though i do find the campaigns to be fun af. I think i finally figured it out when trying to play the other day. Almost everything you do in gears triggers an uninterruptible animation. Some of which are very long. Maybe its just a timing thing that you have to get used to but i find myself mashing buttons in frustration because i feel like i should be able to get to my next move already. Once i get 1 pieced a few times mid-some-random-animation i hop off and play something else.

#GitGudMeAndStopWhining

It’s definitely extremely rhythm based. When you get your rhythm down and start to feel it, the game is intoxicating. There’s nothing like it. It’s like Guitar Hero in shooter form.

I’m a mod for /r/CompetitiveHalo and I need to ask, did all the people from here that like H5’s gameplay migrate over there? I’m all for opinions, but I think a lot of people over there think H5 has the best MP in the franchise. I haven’t seen one post or comment praise classic Halo. Here, I think it’s safe to say most prefer classic. Did you all drive them away? Lol

I would imagine that a lot of the people there have spent more time with current gen halo (reach and beyond) than with classic halo so there's probably a lot of bias in what you know vs "the old guard." the botched mcc release only kept these guys from classic halo long enough that no im sure its more natural for them to prefer h5 to anything else

I’m a mod for /r/CompetitiveHalo and I need to ask, did all the people from here that like H5’s gameplay migrate over there? I’m all for opinions, but I think a lot of people over there think H5 has the best MP in the franchise. I haven’t seen one post or comment praise classic Halo. Here, I think it’s safe to say most prefer classic. Did you all drive them away? Lol

my impression is that the subreddit is sort of a supplement to /r/halo ... I'm guessing that it's mostly used by people who aren't yet aware of TB?  casual fans with a vague interest in esports?  not sure; anyway I comment there reasonably often and I've seen other TB members posting as well

I thought I had one of my best events in a while lol

• Upvote (+1) 7

I thought I had one of my best events in a while lol

Interesting, I feel like I've seen you play a lot better than you did vs Tox & maybe that's what I was basing my opinion on. I guess one series =/= entire event

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look at the amount of orgs in CoD  :mj:

Di_RxNMVAAAiaoO.jpg

I believe the CWL requires you to have an organization representing you if you are making it to Champs. I don't know that for a fact, maybe @@Clap can chime in here. Plus, they just had their LCQ this week so they could fill out the entire Champs bracket.

EDIT: It's tough to even compare Halo's situation to anything like CoD. Despite what people say, the CoD esports scene is most certainly alive and does pretty well as a Tier 2 esport. Halo is like tier 7 and I have no idea how any organization can financially justify being a part of it unless they are dominating the scene like OG was or like Splyce currently (sort of) is. Part of the other issue is the teams break up within a week of losing/not placing 1st at an event. Meanwhile, there is definitely turnover in CoD and Gears, but from my knowledge (which, granted isn't the most extensive) teams tend to stick together a bit longer. Halo's infrastructure, the game itself, the viewership, it's just a perfect storm of "don't get involved" right now, at least to me. 

Interesting, I feel like I've seen you play a lot better than you did vs Tox & maybe that's what I was basing my opinion on. I guess one series =/= entire event

Honestly, Austin played the best of all players outside of Tox/Splyce. He was just shredding people, allowing him to finally be the main slayer for a squad showed he has what it takes. If I were to give my top players of the event, I would say @@Mikwen and @@Rayne were easily the best outside the top 2, the new T2 was literally ALWAYS were he needed to be, making plays, and winning gun fights, truly one of the most impressive events I've ever seen from him.

A huge shout out to Lethul though, talk about silencing the haters, he and snakebite were the best players of the entire event hands down, I could not believe how good they were playing. Best event I've ever seen from Lethul, just going on a tear.

First series against them I played alright, but my damage wasn't developing into kills like it normally does. 2nd series they just played better than us as a team, but I was getting kills that series unlike the first.

If you watched my side station series' you'd probably have a different opinion.

sucks both of our mainstage matches were against Tox, which they just aren't an easy team to play against lmao

Honestly, I think your squad can win an event, you guys are that good, I really like Peng but Rayne and Shooter are both upgrade IMO and you win an event with one of them. aPG is the best teammate I've seen you play with, your play styles mesh perfectly, keep it my dude.

Switch Musa with mikwen and they win that last event

Yeah, I could see that, but Musa is a beast man, I could possibly see Trifecta with Musa/Mikwen/Shooter/Rayne, that team would be beast, but its hard because Ryan brings SO much to a team, and is super underrated. I feel like Rayne or Shooter in place of Peng, RNG wins an event, but RNG and Trifecta are easily my favorite squads so i dont want to see them breakup. 

So I was curious about this and added up the numbers from Esports Earnings (not 100% accurate, but reasonably close):

• Brood War, 2006-2011: $4,667,306 across 139 events
  • CS, 2006-2011: $7,371,859 across 364 events
  • H2/H3/H:R, 2006-2011: $3,820,970 across 60 events

so basically each was top in their region (Asia, EU, U.S.) for that time period, with Halo having the highest prize pool per event.

Is that Korea ? Because probable Flash was getting like 1 million dollars on salary alone.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is that Korea ? Because probable Flash was getting like 1 million dollars on salary alone.

Ya that has to be prize pool only. Starcraft players in Korea made a shit load of money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was curious about this and added up the numbers from Esports Earnings (not 100% accurate, but reasonably close):

• Brood War, 2006-2011: $4,667,306 across 139 events
  • CS, 2006-2011: $7,371,859 across 364 events
  • H2/H3/H:R, 2006-2011: $3,820,970 across 60 events

so basically each was top in their region (Asia, EU, U.S.) for that time period, with Halo having the highest prize pool per event.

Ya that has to be prize pool only. Starcraft players in Korea made a shit load of money.

Yeah, top players were reported to make six figure salaries. Most players on teams probably weren't making much money at all, but there'd be what, 80+ players making salary. Multiply that over multiple years and the money put into BW dwarfs other video games.

Also, if CS and Halo are counted as a series then it'd be more fair to also factor in SC2's prize pool and get a total StarCraft prize pool, which adds almost $4million to the total. From 2010-2011 SC2 had more prize money than all Halo titles from 2006-2011.

20160609_the_office_andy_dwight_singing2

Sounds about right, there are very few "rivalries" that get in the way of wanting to win events. 

The only one in the past that I can think of would be all of carbon and T2 in H2 (lmao), could you imagine T2 and Ghandi on the same team lmfao. Dont really remember anything from H3, but in H5 I could never see Spartan and Ryanoob teaming, thats just some serious bad blood that spartan decided to start.

• Upvote (+1) 1