CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don’t think so. Even with hitscan games, It’s not like PC players land 100% of all their shots.

The biggest concern would be limiting the value of going for body shots, which I think the lack of crosshairs and limited ammo would mitigate.

The lack of a crosshair wouldn't do anything, there are overlays for that kind of stuff. Worst case scenario, you just put a little piece of tape in the center of your screen and draw a dot onto it.

I think this came up last time... you all are overestimating how accurate KBM players are.  Yes, you can be pinpoint accurate more than console but even the best PC players still miss a lot of their shots.  If the sniper is projectile and has 0 bullet magnetism on PC with reasonably sized hitboxes it would be fine.  If the game has the same hitboxes and bullet magnetism as H5 currently does, even in the absence of any aim assist, it would be a nightmare on PC... but so would just about every other weapon.

its really not the weapons that would be the issue on PC, its the overly forgiving hit detection and over-reliance on hitscan and Halo has needed to tone that shit down even on console for the last 3 games.

It's not about the sniper being broken, it's about the utility weapon being a straight downgrade without aim assist. They would take the exact same amount of effort to hit a shot with, but one would have to do it 4 or 5 times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Make it projectile, remove the crosshairs when hipfiring, reduce ammo and I think it would be fine tbh...

It would definitely be more powerful than ever, but I don’t think it would be game breaking.

Reducing the ammo doesn't make it any less frustrating if it's too easy. Removing the crosshairs also doesn't change much at all, besides a couple of people putting tape on their monitors. The projectile speed is where you will see the most reductions in effectiveness. Here's some old Reflex gameplay where two highly skilled players (CPMA veterans) are trying out the stake gun, since removed. This is about the success rate I would want in a noscoped sniper, but the strafe is much better than Halo's, there's wicked air control, and the projectile speed is far slower than Halo 3's.

https://youtu.be/vwFHlcCPVpE?t=45s

For Halo's popularity to increase once again, I think this is a necessity.

COD seems pretty fine without it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you want to know what a Halo 5 type game on PC would look like go watch some old Dr. Lupo Destiny clips. Insanely fast, precise and twitchy head shots and movement. 

Not sure what the arguments are being made here (if any) but mouse keyboard shooter is going to be very precise and wippy at a high level no matter what you do and it will simply look much different than a console game. 

Naded hurts my brain, love the guy to death but man lol.

His twitter says "not competing", I log on twitch and hes playing on an H5 team getting ready to compete  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Naded hurts my brain, love the guy to death but man lol.

His twitter says "not competing", I log on twitch and hes playing on an H5 team getting ready to compete  :intensifies:

Say it with me

"Shady Halo Kids"

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think this came up last time... you all are overestimating how accurate KBM players are. Yes, you can be pinpoint accurate more than console but even the best PC players still miss a lot of their shots. If the sniper is projectile and has 0 bullet magnetism on PC with reasonably sized hitboxes it would be fine. If the game has the same hitboxes and bullet magnetism as H5 currently does, even in the absence of any aim assist, it would be a nightmare on PC... but so would just about every other weapon.

its really not the weapons that would be the issue on PC, its the overly forgiving hit detection and over-reliance on hitscan and Halo has needed to tone that shit down even on console for the last 3 games.

If you look at competitive shooters on PC they all have ways of accounting for the accuracy of the mouse.

- Fast movement/high mobility

- Main weapons are slow projectiles (such as rocket launchers)

- Reticule sway for sniper style weapons.

- Recoil patterns

These are often combined together as well.

Halo is a slow shooter dominated by powerful precision weapons.

You can make all the weapons projectile based but with Halo's slow movement and small maps that's not going to have much of a significant effect.

The game won't be completely broken on PC but at a competitive level it will play very differently.

Edit: Also, the biggest issue with regards to the sniper when switching to kb/m is that at close range it would be no less viable than any other weapon in the sandbox. Making it a projectile weapon certainly wouldn't help with that. Removing the reticule might help somewhat but it won't hinder a semi decent player all that much.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Honestly, can't say I agree with this. I think Halo on PC would be awesome, but competitive Halo should always use controllers. m+kb will move us even further away from classic feel Halo.

I signed myself in at work just to say no.

PC is Halo's future.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I signed myself in at work just to say no.

PC is Halo's future.

0fc.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I play well over half my PC games with a controller  :mj:

That's fine if they aren't multiplayer shooters. I play lots of multiplats on my PC with a controller and just use my TV as the monitor. It's pretty much playing on a console but it runs and looks better.

Did they announced the MCC on pc already ? Got my gaming pc ready.

Nope.

0fc.gif

We will, but when sprint, Spartan grapple, "Smart scope"(LOL ADS), and a 5-shot Peashooter is the base game we have come to expect from the "innovation" of new Halo sequels, if Halo:Infinite is like that(which is more likely than not at this point) it might be better for the hardcore community to migrate to PC. Its safe to say at that point, the PC Modz community is taking over and fixing that shit, we dont wait fkn 2 years for a dev to get their head out of their ass imo. Ask any PC playerbase to be "patient and wait", "soon", and boom we gone to the next salvage project no tolerance for that kinda one-sided crap. Not even "original" PC series like UT get that kind of leash, nobody is waiting around for that reclamation project either.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Check out our $1,000 RL 2v2 stream if you need something to watch :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this came up last time... you all are overestimating how accurate KBM players are. Yes, you can be pinpoint accurate more than console but even the best PC players still miss a lot of their shots. If the sniper is projectile and has 0 bullet magnetism on PC with reasonably sized hitboxes it would be fine. If the game has the same hitboxes and bullet magnetism as H5 currently does, even in the absence of any aim assist, it would be a nightmare on PC... but so would just about every other weapon.

I know fortnite isnt the pinnacle of shooting, but nick mercs more than holds his own vs pc players while playing on ps4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Some things I have been thinking about concerning Lux leaving the scene.

1) I miss the pro league. Like yes ESL was terrible and the pro league had its problems, but I miss it. Things like the pro league did provide weekly content and face time for orgs and we don't have that now. I guess we could have the last part of the 2k's streamed instead but apparently not.

2) But pros don't need to rely on a league or tournaments for content. They can provide their own and this would attract orgs in and of itself. Think of Ninja before he was bigger than Drake  :kappa: . He attracted orgs just because he would have 500 plus people watching him stream. 

3) But then I think of how much of a desert H5 is and don't blame the pros for not putting out content... But is content really game play these days? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The lack of a crosshair wouldn't do anything, there are overlays for that kind of stuff. Worst case scenario, you just put a little piece of tape in the center of your screen and draw a dot onto it.

I mean overlays would help you online. But good luck playing in a LAN tournament when you are used to overlays and tape.

You can’t balance a game around people cheesing in online play. People cheese online regardless of the control method.

It's not about the sniper being broken, it's about the utility weapon being a straight downgrade without aim assist. They would take the exact same amount of effort to hit a shot with, but one would have to do it 4 or 5 times.

Which is why they should make an effort to increase the snipers difficulty from the hip and limit it’s ammo.

What if it was played on PC, but LAN tournaments required use of a controller?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is the current state of gameplay in Halo? Been playing a lot of fortnite, but recently epic tooka page from 343s book and decided that automatic spam was a good idea.

Thinking about moving back to Halo if 34e has finally gotten their shit together. Honestly even as long as autos aren't anywhere near competitive play

Been noticing this with a lot of games I've been playing recently where developers take the skill ceilings of good games and drag them right down to the ground. It's actually pathetic how much developers cater to bad playes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You would be considered a laughing stock by the pc purists. Just split the two and see which scene sticks, even allow current Halo pros to compete on both platforms in things like weekend cups to boost the profile and create storylines.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Id love to see that but i think there would be tons of backlash from m+kb players.

The competition is where the majority of the playerbase is. I don't see Halo becoming so popular on PC compared to console that the HCS will shift platforms.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You would be considered a laughing stock by the pc purists. Just split the two and see which scene sticks, even allow current Halo pros to compete on both platforms in things like weekend cups to boost the profile and create storylines.

honestly i think gears and cod have shown that there is a market for console games. even if they aren't the largest scenes, they do well for themselves. there is a market for console esports and it's ok for halo to be a part of that. before the dreamhack flops, halo fall finals in 2016 peaked around 50k for autos and radar. there are people who want to watch but they need a compelling game that delivers on the core halo experience. i think that is much more important than just switching to pc

• Upvote (+1) 1