CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anything below 6/2 and I can't turn around worth shit. Playing more on the PC's just amplified this feeling. Being able to fly and whip around and have that chance of fighting back is better than just looking forward and hoping someone comes to you from that angle.

That's so true. Honestly at this point fuck it I'll try it. I might as well go nuts. I'm not trying to win any awards here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who would you replace that would be an upgrade?

I'd replace Royal 2, with Neptune as the main pick.

Splyce playing in the 2k today or no?

Splyce playing with Bound in place of Shottzy who played and got top 8 with King Nick, Vator and... "It's name"? instead. Splyce pretty much giving zero shits about the 2k.

E: Shotzzy and co. beat Str8 3-1.

I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, I don't want to suggest any ill-intentions on Shottzy. 

But it seems like there should be a rule against that (playing on another team when your current team is also in the tourney) because he could pretty much carry Vator's team to enough 2k points to make a significant difference in terms of seeding.

Then again for all I know Vator's team is just a random squad that won't attend the event as a team, or they could've placed top 8 without Shottzy. Still it does seem weird. 

I think the only real issue could be if Splyce played Vator's team. But realistically if there was something off about it, Shottzy wouldn't have to be on that team for it to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm probably making a big deal about nothing, I don't want to suggest any ill-intentions on Shottzy.

But it seems like there should be a rule against that (playing on another team when your current team is also in the tourney) because he could pretty much carry Vator's team to enough 2k points to make a significant difference in terms of seeding.

Then again for all I know Vator's team is just a random squad that won't attend the event as a team, or they could've placed top 8 without Shottzy. Still it does seem weird.

It was just a random squad:

https://www.twitter.com/Its_Vator/status/1019517087658790912

But yeah, I agree, if it affects seeding then it shouldn't be allowed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's so true. Honestly at this point fuck it I'll try it. I might as well go nuts. I'm not trying to win any awards here.

Literally nothing to lose.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Spylce also won two CTF Colis and two Eden Balls vs Tox, so 4 of the 8 were two game types

I miss extended series. Halo is a series where we play out not just a variety of maps, but a variety of modes in our competitions. Unless I'm completely misremembering how things were, extended series accounted for this by having teams play through different game types rather than having some played multiple times. Playing full Bo7s might have merit, but would at least like to see the gametypes for the second set in Grand Finals either not get set until we know which two teams make GF and can cater around minimal replays or have a veto system or something.

1/5/5 pusC

You are literally nuts. I'd rather have a consistent sense than have my vertical shooting my aim to the sky if I so much as tilt my stick too diagonally to trigger it.

You are literally nuts. I'd rather have a consistent sense than have my vertical shooting my aim to the sky if I so much as tilt my stick too diagonally to trigger it.

only the chosen few can handle the crispiness it's ok.

only the chosen few can handle the crispiness it's ok.

Which is why you're complaining about aiming constantly. Meanwhile Daddy Kelly over here is RACKING up kills with her sick 6/2 and you're just WISHING you could match her prowess. It's okay, Child Beast. You'll find out the true path one day.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Back in my day we got banned for asking questions like this, young sonny.

Dude, Knighty straight up asked T2 how he got out of jail. I'm dying.

How were the movement options afforded by Ground Pound and Spartan Charge "game-breaking"?

To give you one example, the ground pound from front bridge to bottom trench with flag on Coliseum.  And many other angles that allowed players to traverse 1/2 the map or more in less than a second. Truth was a ground pound nightmare as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still trying to get used to the new ranking system. I went down in rank after winning a game?

Still trying to get used to the new ranking system. I went down in rank after winning a game?

Are you seriously trying to get a ranking system that's been fundamentally broken since launch?
  • Upvote (+1) 2