FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A Halo BR would actually be fun as fuck. Missed opportunity to cash in on this insane trend.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: 343 can't even get normal FFA right, yet people think that a juiced up version of Halo FFA would actually be good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ehhh, felt like Splyce didn't try that first series, the second series is more telling if the gap is closer. I think it is, mainly due to Splyce stopping their 2v2s practicing and now sometimes play 1v1s as their closest resemblance of practicing, which might be a bigger knock on the game rather than the teams that lose against them.

The gap will close eventually, just like it did with Tox

• Upvote (+1) 1

"is not something I can not commit to at this current time"

Naded confirmed!

Sort of a double negative.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The gap will close eventually, just like it did with Tox

I think of Splyce like the end of H3 FB team. The only thing that can stop Splyce is themselves.

Unpopular opinion but I think Lethul is a change TOX would need to make if they want to hang with Splyce... Who they would change him out for I have no idea

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unpopular opinion but I think Lethul is a change TOX would need to make if they want to hang with Splyce... Who they would change him out for I have no idea

Drop Lethul for Snip3down, and make the circle complete (in my best emperor Palpatine voice).

• Upvote (+1) 8

Every team does, feels like Tox are too afraid to make a change or are content with 2nd place finishes.

Who would you replace that would be an upgrade?

Drop Lethul for Snip3down, and make the circle complete (in my best emperor Palpatine voice).

The main problem Tox has is that they are just a little too slow.  Snipedown isn't going to make them faster.

IF Tox were to make a change, i think they would be better off replacing Royal 2.  However, i still don't see a need for them to make a change.  I think they need to change the way they practice maybe?  Drill to be faster.  Screw full scrim sessions and work on specific game issues over and over instead.

Besides, at this point in H5s life is there really anything wrong with being content with #2?

• Upvote (+1) 1

And here we are, in a scene where teams fall apart every day like Robert Hall suits, willing to trade the longest lasting team for brief moment of entertainment.

Just my opinion of watching the games Sunday as they happened and haven't watched any replays but Lethul always lost his 1v1's and I watched Stellur constantly push Lethul in a straight line with no hesitation when Lethul was by himself and Stellur won every time. 

Conversely, I remember strongholds Eden and Snakebite was solo capping blue bend and Eco was in blue base exchanging shots with him but Eco was for damn sure not going to press Snakebite in a 1v1. 

A Neptune would not work, that would be a gun skill upgrade but not game sense. Like I said, I don't know who could replace Lethul's feel for the game while upgrading his gun skill but that is what they need. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lethul is irreplaceable. He is one of the best if not the best when it comes to map positioning. There's never a time in a game where I watch Lethul's POV and say to myself, "he could be doing more right now". The only knock on him right now is that he loses the most 1v1's on his squad against the top teams, but his shot is still really good regardless. Neptune has the gunskill to run with Splyce and TOX, but I haven't seen enough of him to say his in game sense is on par with those players. Maybe he just needs to be given a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who would you replace that would be an upgrade?

The main problem Tox has is that they are just a little too slow.  Snipedown isn't going to make them faster.

IF Tox were to make a change, i think they would be better off replacing Royal 2.  However, i still don't see a need for them to make a change.  I think they need to change the way they practice maybe?  Drill to be faster.  Screw full scrim sessions and work on specific game issues over and over instead.

Besides, at this point in H5s life is there really anything wrong with being content with #2?

Frosty mentioned in his stream after the tournament that Splyce are extremely hard to beat if you don't keep pressure and map control on them, Once Splyce has control over a game they will 9.5 times out of 10 win that game. The first series in the Grand Finals, TOX were playing uber aggressive and ended up sweeping. TOX issue was that they reverted back to their old style of play in the 2nd series. They may have thought Splyce was tilted and let off on the gas. Still credit to Splyce for their composure. They know they're better and it translates to their confident gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just my opinion of watching the games Sunday as they happened and haven't watched any replays but Lethul always lost his 1v1's and I watched Stellur constantly push Lethul in a straight line with no hesitation when Lethul was by himself and Stellur won every time. 

Conversely, I remember strongholds Eden and Snakebite was solo capping blue bend and Eco was in blue base exchanging shots with him but Eco was for damn sure not going to press Snakebite in a 1v1. 

A Neptune would not work, that would be a gun skill upgrade but not game sense. Like I said, I don't know who could replace Lethul's feel for the game while upgrading his gun skill but that is what they need. 

The only way to make anybody's shot better at this point is to fix the aiming.  Frankly, i dont even blame half the missed shots i see on the players at this level as much as i do the aiming.  Its not normal aiming, it doesn't really make sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only way to make anybody's shot better at this point is to fix the aiming. Frankly, i dont even blame half the missed shots i see on the players at this level as much as i do the aiming. Its not normal aiming, it doesn't really make sense.

So the guys in Splyce have some kind of Hack that makes them

Ignore “heavy aim”

So the guys in Splyce have some kind of Hack that makes them

Ignore “heavy aim”

I'm not talking about heavy aim.  Just the weird H/V difference, acceleration curves.  Even when the aim is consistent from game to game its still... weird.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not talking about heavy aim. Just the weird H/V difference, acceleration curves. Even when the aim is consistent from game to game its still... weird.

H5 is the only Halo where you can actually set the horizontal/vertical sensitivity to the be the same (pretty sure it's like that by default actually). In all other Halos the vertical sensitivity is significantly lower.

H5 is the only Halo where you can actually set the horizontal/vertical sensitivity to the be the same (pretty sure it's like that by default actually). In all other Halos the vertical sensitivity is significantly lower.

Have you ever noticed that when you touch the vertical sensitivity... it screws with the feel of looking horizontally too?  Not sure why that is, but it's weird.  The acceleration curves themselves aren't smooth either, which is independent of the sensitivity.  Halo 3 was the only halo where i would classify the vertical sensitivity as "significantly" slow that horizontal. 

What i don't understand is... Halo 4 felt fine.  Adding the extra H/V sense and Acceleration adjustments and retaining whatever they did with Halo 4 for the curves would have been perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's consistent then it can be controlled regardless of how "weird" it might feel to you (which, also, is a subjective judgment, for all we know Shotzzy and Renegade find it smooth and natural, although I do also find the aiming weird). To discredit pros with incredible shots by suggesting they are only outshooting others because the others are victims to this games aiming issues is unfair. Even online where heavy aim is out in full force, the player with the better shot will win the majority of fights.

• Upvote (+1) 1

when you're at that level and all 8 players possess close to perfect aim the shooting is a small fraction of what determines the w

• Upvote (+1) 5

when you're at that level and all 8 players possess close to perfect aim the shooting is a small fraction of what determines the w

Honestly disagree if you're saying that everyone has almost equal shot prowess. Watch Snakebite miss shots and drop really low accuracy in WBF and then turn it up in the grand finals. 

Also Shooter and Rayne took turns having shaky games shot wise in NOLA but they both made up for it with sniper and Musa going beastmode.

Shaky pistol shots I think determine a lot with confidence and pushes from both sides and thus the W

• Upvote (+1) 4