CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Battle Royale needs to stay away from halo. 343 needs to focus on making the core part of the game good and not focus on that. It would be an awful idea. Leave it in the pass and work on what Halo needs to thrive again. *classic halo pls*

• Upvote (+1) 9

I like how that guy says not to spread misinformation, but does that exact thing saying they didn't deny making a BR mode. Also I've been telling people for a while you can just make your own BR mode since you've been able to do elimination since like Halo 2.

>big forge map

>spawn in the sky and fall or something

>random weapon spawns maybe some powerups

>no respawning

There you go.

A Halo BR would actually be fun as fuck. Missed opportunity to cash in on this insane trend.

Halo has been following trends since Reach and it didn't quite work out you know. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

anyone here having issues opening h5?

This is a good thing.  :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like how that guy says not to spread misinformation, but does that exact thing saying they didn't deny making a BR mode. Also I've been telling people for a while you can just make your own BR mode since you've been able to do elimination since like Halo 2.

>big forge map

>spawn in the sky and fall or something

>random weapon spawns maybe some powerups

>no respawning

There you go.

16 players is just a tiny bit different than 100 players

Unpopular opinion here

343 is really missing the boat if they aren't gonna have a BR mode in Halo Infinite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It doesn't take 2 years to make a simple battle royale game lmao. They could work on it and release it before the next game to get some Halo hype since the franchise is dead as fuck right now. Jesus.

It doesn't take 2 years to make a simple battle royale game lmao. They could work on it and release it before the next game to get some Halo hype since the franchise is dead as fuck right now. Jesus.

I know you're drunk on high K/D W/L from Fortnite, but we need to remember that it took two years for 343 to make Breakout, Warzone, and Stasis.

The Forge community would be better at creating a Battle Royale.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yup. It took Epic two months to make Fortnite's BR mode.

Imo 343 chose to stop following trends just a little too early. Also there's a massive difference between the trends 343 have been chasing up to this point and the Battle Royale trend. One has an impact on the gameplay--the bread and butter--of an entire game. The other is just a gametype. Instead of letting 343 invest (waste) more time on another Breakout, why shouldn't they try their hands at a gametype that's already been proven to be insanely popular? Especially when they have a decent track record when it comes to designing large maps (hell, they might already have large maps that would work for BR, with some tweaks). Not to mention that all signs point to Battle Royale modes being pretty simple to design so it's less likely 343 would fuck it up.

I'll admit it, I've put way too much thought into this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think halo combat gameplay would work great with br but I also have no interest in br and don't want infinite to be pushed back to 2030 so they follow a trend that will be dead by then

• Upvote (+1) 3

REC needs a change if they hope to beat Splyce IMO.

Every team does, feels like Tox are too afraid to make a change or are content with 2nd place finishes.

Pfffft...Halo already had a far superior BR survival mode in H2 ranked MM anyway. I remember players with superaim, super-jet-packs, one-hit kill Golden BR's, getting spawned into a "storm" of Vehicles on Turf, super-jumping out the map to hold leads, isnt that what BR games are basically like? Lets see these so called "Battle Royale pros" survive a couple rounds on Backwash TS on 30 FPS barely able to see 10 feet in front of you all to get that elusive crescent moon then get back to me. :cool: That shit was actually screenshot worthy(*insert Mummmm..Quick get the camera! meme circa 05' style) nobody cares you won a round on Fortnite n00b! 

For real tho, a  survival large-scale clan war format with teams fighting over terrain, power weapons/power-ups, and "resources" that gave the controlling team strategic advantages would be suppper cool and something I have always wanted to see in a Sandbox game like Halo that can support it. Onslaught 2.0 with a few wrinkles Halo-style basically. But yea... quality classic Halo is the priority first.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every team does, feels like Tox are too afraid to make a change or are content with 2nd place finishes.

uh tox 4-0'd splice in the first grand finals series. that gap has gotten a lot closer

• Upvote (+1) 3

Instead of Battle Royale they should make Flood Forge Firefight.

Halo has built-in lore-friendly zombies that can even drive vehicles to up the ante. We should be opposing hordes of them in firefight.

Additionally we should customise the maps we fight them on because it'd be awesome.

That's be more fun than Battle Royale imo

• Upvote (+1) 4

uh tox 4-0'd splice in the first grand finals series. that gap has gotten a lot closer

Ehhh, felt like Splyce didn't try that first series, the second series is more telling if the gap is closer. I think it is, mainly due to Splyce stopping their 2v2s practicing and now sometimes play 1v1s as their closest resemblance of practicing, which might be a bigger knock on the game rather than the teams that lose against them.

In the past day the fact that Halo Infinite won't have a BR mode has been the number one post on not just /r/halo and /r/xboxone, but on /r/games too. I guess even the general audience is happy to see 343 steer clear of the mode...maybe those people would enjoy a classic Halo as well?

I agree with @@TheSimms but @@Frankie made a surprisingly good point in that you can make your own in Forge.

That's what Halo's about since Halo 3: you can make this shit within the confines of the game.