CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I’m really glad they won’t have Battle Royale. They can pour their resources into the core parts of the game and not ship a broken game. It’d be nice to have a game ship with all the maps, game modes, playlists, theater, forge, etc. You know, the basics of Halo.

While playing H2a last night, it honestly shocked me to feel what actual hit registration was lmao, which is so sad. Played some H3 and it felt so shitty lolol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While playing H2a last night, it honestly shocked me to feel what actual hit registration was lmao, which is so sad. Played some H3 and it felt so shitty lolol.

H3 on the Insider Program build is 10x better, so hopefully that transfers over when they update everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m really glad they won’t have Battle Royale. They can pour their resources into the core parts of the game and not ship a broken game. It’d be nice to have a game ship with all the maps, game modes, playlists, theater, forge, etc. You know, the basics of Halo.

343 doesn't need to build a BR gamemode.  As long as they increase the player count support to at least 64 players and include the same or better forge (which i think is pretty likely at this point), a BR game will get created by the community within a week of release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 doesn't need to build a BR gamemode.  As long as they increase the player count support to at least 64 players and include the same or better forge (which i think is pretty likely at this point), a BR game will get created by the community within a week of release.

Man, shortening Battle Royale to BR in a Halo forum gets me all messed up for a minute before it clicks. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Projectile and random spread would do that
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Projectile and random spread would do that

Honestly felt worse than H5 lmao, and thats saying something

Honestly felt worse than H5 lmao, and thats saying something

H5 feels fine for me most of the time. H3 is just shitty online.

H5 feels fine for me most of the time. H3 is just shitty online.

Yeah, the H5 magnum is the games 100% saving grace, H3 on LAN felt FAR superior to its abhorrent online play. If H5 didnt have "advanced movement" it would actually be my second favorite halo, but unfortunately it comes in at 4th =( (I still play a shit ton of it though, might be full time switching to H2a though)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, the H5 magnum is the games 100% saving grace, H3 on LAN felt FAR superior to its abhorrent online play. If H5 didnt have "advanced movement" it would actually be my second favorite halo, but unfortunately it comes in at 4th =( (I still play a shit ton of it though, might be full time switching to H2a though)

If more people played H2A, it’s all that I would play. Game feels great.

• Upvote (+1) 6

H2A still has the issue with super-easy headshots from the BR and grenade danger indicators.  H2C is still better and if they are able to improve the hit registration a little more, it would be the only option in the collection for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

H3 on the Insider Program build is 10x better, so hopefully that transfers over when they update everyone.

How does it feel better? Haven’t been following the opinions of people who’ve played the insider build.

How does it feel better? Haven’t been following the opinions of people who’ve played the insider build.

Shot registration is greatly improved. I imagine the dedicated servers help too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Makes this tweet worse man. Message the organizer in private instead of trying to make a public spectacle about it. If you live off tournament prize winnings in Halo of all games you're probably doing something wrong. 

And exactly how tf do you know he hasnt messaged them already? Bringing it to the public after getting the run around for months could help him. 

And why do you assume he lives off his prize money?

And exactly how tf do you know he hasnt messaged them already? Bringing it to the public after getting the run around for months could help him. 

If he's been talking privately to them, then the response from Adam (since deleted) with it being an issue with a W9 wouldn't be needed. If he really felt that they were withholding the money and it was past whatever day they said it would be paid by he should take it up with lawyers not twitter. And if it's such a big issue why not talk to, I don't know, a news outlet AND lawyers instead of whining on twitter? You know many banks have regulations about sending large sums of money over a certain amount of time that slows it down right? I just think it's childish to complain ambiguously about it on twitter, just really unprofessional if he hasn't actually gone to other sources which it seems to be not considering the response from Adam.

• Downvote (-1) 2

H2A has some of the worst hit registration imo. It's amazing that it's still better than H3 MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He is just being a dick. Twitter is a great tool to get shit done.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H2A has some of the worst hit registration imo. It's amazing that it's still better than H3 MCC.

Agreed, I would record dozens of clips of the shot registration in that game being absolutely horrible (slowing it down frame by frame and confirming my bullets weren't counting), it's only topped by H3 in how bad it was.

For those who don't know: the new MCC H3 insider shot registration is fantastic most games.

A Halo BR would actually be fun as fuck. Missed opportunity to cash in on this insane trend.

Will it still be a trend when Halo Infinite finally comes out in like 2 years though or will it have died down to something more reasonable?  If they build the engine properly, expand the max player counts and provide a proper forge, adding it in wouldn't be that hard.  I think if they were like, "Wow we don't even have the tools to turn around and make this possible" they would 100% be working on a specific mode for it.  But Frankie is kind of right here where Halo could have it now, there is just kind of no point in forging it with a 16 player max.

Really, as long as they match the tools that Halo has traditionally had for making customs since Halo 3 and expand the max player count, all they would have to add would be the "ODST Orbital Drop" intro.

A Halo BR would actually be fun as fuck. Missed opportunity to cash in on this insane trend.

Think how saturated the market would be by the time they got around to releasing their own BR game. I could absolutely see how it COULD have been an amazing experience if they had got there in the first wave. But eyes on the prize lets just get our own style of game sorted first.

• Upvote (+1) 1