CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OT but does anyone else watch the TV show Happy? I just finished season one and it was amazing.

I do not watch that TV show.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's the show with Patton Oswalt as an imaginary CGI animal, yeah? Been meaning to watch it but got so many shows to catch up on/watch; Altered Carbon, Netfix's Marvel series past Defenders/Punisher(can't remember if Pun-Pun was before or after), Archer's latest season, Always Sunny's latest season, Stranger Things S2, Series of unfortunate events S2(S1 started to drag on due to the similar arc structures), and been meaning to pick up Justified. Too many good shows these days.

Yeah its great dark humour. Also watch Justified, its brilliant.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why can't we have a LAN every month? Look at every major esport, there's something big happening every couple of weeks. That's how you grow the scene. Not with one tourney every two months

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why can't we have a LAN every month? Look at every major esport, there's something big happening every couple of weeks. That's how you grow the scene. Not with one tourney every two months

Smash has the right idea here. Having a structure with locals -> regionals -> majors that all still count for something does a tremendous amount to keep players invested.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Smash has the right idea here. Having a structure with locals -> regionals -> majors that all still count for something does a tremendous amount to keep players invested.

I feel like that's starting out with the MS store events. I don't know how successful they've been with other locations, but within my city my local Halo friends has increased quite a bit. We've done a couple Halo 5 LANs, and a couple Halo 1 LANs away from our store. We're hoping to have a Halo 2/3/5 LAN this upcoming weekend if we can get enough people.

It's not a local/regional tournament, but it's getting people together who enjoy competitive Halo. We may be lucky though because we have a few people who have resources they're willing to use to help out with these events. The only thing we actually lack is people, but we're slowly building up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah its great dark humour. Also watch Justified, its brilliant.

Justified is easily my favorite TV show ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it looks like you'll either need both boxes on and on network to do a network transfer or an external hdd to transfer everything over. or you can uninstall everything on e one and reinstall on the 1x

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/upgrade

This seems like such a pain in the ass. I dont get why it's not just attached to my account

This seems like such a pain in the ass. I dont get why it's not just attached to my account

The games are, not sure about saves. Depending on your internet speeds, and if you have a bandwith cap, doing a direct transfer is advisable. I know some people with a 100 gig cap for how much they can download or upload in a month, they literally can't install MCC without paying extra fees to their ISP.

If that's not you, maybe backup your saves otherwise I think you're good to go. Discs you'll need to reinsert, downloadable games are on your account. You may have to reassign your "home console", which I believe you can do once every six months. If you always play on the same gamertag you shouldn't need to do that either.

EDIT: More information on setting your home console, talks about benefits, and the fact you can change it five times a year. https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

• Upvote (+1) 1

Justified is easily my favorite TV show ever.

The dialog between Boyd and Raylan were always class

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everything is attached to your account. What you'd want network transfer for is if you don't want to redownload them(especially if you have limited data or a slow connection,) and instead just copy over the games from one box to the other. As for saves, they're uploaded to the cloud automatically.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BabyJ is quitting competitive Halo

.....The play he hit Rob the Turtle with in Yard on Plaza was absolutely disgusting/hilarious  :wutface:  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

some of it should help with any disc based games you installed too. it would be a pain in the ass to download something like h5 again

I feel like that's starting out with the MS store events. I don't know how successful they've been with other locations, but within my city my local Halo friends has increased quite a bit. We've done a couple Halo 5 LANs, and a couple Halo 1 LANs away from our store. We're hoping to have a Halo 2/3/5 LAN this upcoming weekend if we can get enough people.

It's not a local/regional tournament, but it's getting people together who enjoy competitive Halo. We may be lucky though because we have a few people who have resources they're willing to use to help out with these events. The only thing we actually lack is people, but we're slowly building up.

This is beautiful. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Late to the part and totally OT but if you need a show to watch and are interested in sci-fi at all, watch The Expanse.  Good show was just cancelled.  Rumor is amazon is thinking about picking it up though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Late to the part and totally OT but if you need a show to watch and are interested in sci-fi at all, watch The Expanse.  Good show was just cancelled.  Rumor is amazon is thinking about picking it up though.

I hear so much about it, but I'd hate to get greatly invested in a show and have it ripped from under me.

Firefly.

• Upvote (+1) 1