CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like the Winner of the Halo 3 2v2 got to be some well known pro player in the Halo 3 era, for the sake of marketing.

"Oh snap Hysteria and Fearitself won the 2v2! That nostalgia!!"

Itll be FFantasy and Gabriel

Itll be FFantasy and Gabriel

Nah, I need a Shockw4ve & Ghandi or Walshy & Ogre 2

But, I think we all know Ola & Snip3down would absolutely wreck lol.

Roybox or Elamite/Legit would be bad ass to see as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know from scrim results a lot of Oddball games were ended early because it was mathematically impossible for the other team to come back.

So imagine that in a tournament setting, the team has already won and have 3 more minutes to play out. (or let the other team make it to 200).

Changing the score to 150 took that out of the equation as teams seem to be able to reach 150 within a reasonable time.

This, and I even noticed this in MM. Too many times a team would go on a run early in the game (maybe control the first two rounds of powerups) and you are mathematically out of the game with 3 min to go. 150 is fine.

What was the deal with LUX? Did they play a few GB ladder games that were allegedly tossed to put them over Trifecta?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Flamesword and Maniac?

Totz should bring back The Lan Network for this, I wanna see a 10-team LAN leading up to Dreamhack. Complete with Towey juggling.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I know from scrim results a lot of Oddball games were ended early because it was mathematically impossible for the other team to come back.

So imagine that in a tournament setting, the team has already won and have 3 more minutes to play out. (or let the other team make it to 200).

Changing the score to 150 took that out of the equation as teams seem to be able to reach 150 within a reasonable time.

3 minutes is 180 seconds, almost the whole 200 that's needed to win.  Assuming the other team has about 160-170ish points range it's not impossible for teams to make a comeback.  Difficult as you need to hold the ball pretty much the entire time but not impossible.  I remember plenty of H2A oddball games going to time and it really only became mathematically impossible in the last 30 seconds or so.  I guess I'd want to know when teams were ending games, was it within the last minute or more than that typically?

And once again I ask, were the players giving input into this sudden change?

What's wrong with you people saying "Won't it be embarrassing?" Yeah, because 343 running a successful event is embarrassing.

The only embarrassing thing would be if somebody outside of 343 decided to run it because 343 didn't and that event pulled more viewers. But that'll never happen because I've never seen any of the people saying "lol embarrassing" in a stream for a classic Halo LAN. Obviously you don't care about classic Halo, you just care about sticking it to somebody.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gun Shot is playing MCC, so he'll probably compete.

Also, Flamesword confirmed;

Just need that juicy MCC patch now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Flamesword and Maniac?

Totz should bring back The Lan Network for this, I wanna see a 10-team LAN leading up to Dreamhack. Complete with Towey juggling.

for all the shit totz got, those basement lans were awesome. and the red bull lans were cool too

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah, I need a Shockw4ve & Ghandi or Walshy & Ogre 2

But, I think we all know Ola & Snip3down would absolutely wreck lol.

Roybox or Elamite/Legit would be bad ass to see as well.

there are people that haven't dropped h3 and of those people there are a few who don't name choke. also, there will be scheduling issues with people competing in h5 

i'd like to see heinz/neighbor team up

• Upvote (+1) 1

there are people that haven't dropped h3 and of those people there are a few who don't name choke. also, there will be scheduling issues with people competing in h5 

i'd like to see heinz/neighbor team up

That would be a fun team to see actually! But doesnt Heinz do observer for MLG now?

for all the shit totz got, those basement lans were awesome. and the red bull lans were cool too

For all the shit Totz got, he somehow convinced Triggers Down to drop Pistola for him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's definitely gonna be the nerds still playing H3 doubles a decade later who win that. lol.

Their time to shine I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For all the shit Totz got, he somehow convinced Triggers Down to drop Pistola for him.

Well, tD also picked up Mackeo as a replacement for Snip3down, who had heard things about getting dropped before leaving.

• Upvote (+1) 2

if we want to talk hypothetical... either frosty/lethul or snakebite/royal2 would probably win

Yeah, Snakebite and Royal 2 would 100% win that

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gun Shot is playing MCC, so he'll probably compete.

Christ almighty thats a blast from the past, if no one has ever watched his montages done by the legendary Kiwi I highly suggest you do that immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, tD also picked up Mackeo as a replacement for Snip3down, who had heard things about getting dropped before leaving.

tD made a ton of very bad decisions with their roster in H3, dropping sinp3down after winning an event.......... Then the whole Karma thing, and then Pistola lmao....

I really felt bad for Hysteria in H3, dude got robbed so much lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2