CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Im guessing the H3 2v2 tournament will be slayer only on guardian, Narrows, Pit, heretic and maybe construct and amplified

Yeah its 2v2 Guardian slayer with AR/Pistol starts with radar. On the map includes overshield, spike grenades, bubble shield, flare, gravity hammer, and that thing that explodes when you shoot it on S3.

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't wait to be very upset over bad H3 2v2 settings.

i'm sure there will be some people advocating for the 2v2 matchmaking settings. imagine radar in a 10k tourny. eww. 

The more I think about it, the less the oddball score change makes sense to me.  Games were taking too long?  So what?  If you get a more accurate result of who is better then who cares how long it takes? 

Does 343 think people aren't watching/playing because of how long games are?  Or something else?

Also did pro players have any input in this decision or is this another Breakout situation?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The more I think about it, the less the oddball score change makes sense to me.  Games were taking too long?  So what?  If you get a more accurate result of who is better then who cares how long it takes? 

Does 343 think people aren't watching/playing because of how long games are?  Or something else?

Also did pro players have any input in this decision or is this another Breakout situation?

It's the result of 343's change in staff and sustain for Halo 5 (no one who actually designs/develops Halo is still working on H5), and an excessive reliance on design decisions based on arbitrary and over-simplified data

game take too long me lose interest me like sprint it make game go fast why game setting not fast like sprint

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's the result of 343's change in staff and sustain for Halo 5 (no one who actually designs/develops Halo is still working on H5), and an excessive reliance on design decisions based on arbitrary and over-simplified data

I just wish the players actually had control of the settings.  It's frustrating as hell to watch decisions be made with matchmaking more in mind than actual tournament play. 

This just reminds me of CTF overtime settings, why not just change the overtime settings for Lan and pretty much eliminate replays(something that is actually very time consuming)?

• Upvote (+1) 2

For those looking for something to watch, check out our $1,000 RL 1v1 stream!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey guys. I have been a long time lurker here and was hoping maybe someone can help or can lead me in the right direction. A year and one day ago, the halo community lost a very big halo fan. He started back in halo de, and continued to be an avid player until he died. Some may or may not recognize the name, orange pandas. He was very good and very competitive and spent a huge part of his life playing halo, so much so that in his official obituary his love for halo was mentioned. I still to this day can't play halo and not remember my good friend. I was hoping someone here could maybe make a graphic that I could rep. Something to do with an orange panda and master chief. I didn't even call him by his real name Jordan, he was always just pandas to me. Thanks in advance! I will continue lurking and hope halo can go back to its glory days, like I know pandas would love to happen.

I used to play with Orange Pandas all the time, and still today play with one of his good friends (Deathlowky/Denys). Sorry for your loss, he was always fun to talk to and knew how to make people laugh.

Hope you get an awesome graphic to rep him with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just wish the players actually had control of the settings. It's frustrating as hell to watch decisions be made with matchmaking more in mind than actual tournament play.

This just reminds me of CTF overtime settings, why not just change the overtime settings for Lan and pretty much eliminate replays(something that is actually very time consuming)?

Dude no. Most players aren’t very smart. You get “no Bloom, no skill” , ffs CLG was arguing for radar when they made the change

The Gears finals were awesome. Did you see the clips on the last map when Icy was goosing? Xplosive was going off on him, I really wish Icy goosed despite liking Icy a lot.

Man i was hoping for echo to win :/. With kenny and icy being from optic after the drama happened,I was hoping for them two to win. Maybe next time
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Dude no. Most players aren’t very smart. You get “no Bloom, no skill” , ffs CLG was arguing for radar when they made the change

Bloom introduces a level of inconsistency into gunplay/shooting.  I'd argue that it takes away from skillful engagements.  You can lose a gunfight because your bullets didn't go where you were aiming, not because your aim was off.  If both of you were spaming the trigger to get the kill, both get the same amount of shots off, but you don't trade with him then it's not really a feat of skill just dumb luck.

CLG arguing for radar was about the inability to keep track of people sprinting/thrust-sliding around the maps if I recall correctly.  We got the ability radar which took care of that issue and as far as I'm aware most pros agree that it's the best compromise considering we won't get a no sprint H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Bloom introduces a level of inconsistency into gunplay/shooting.  I'd argue that it takes away from skillful engagements.  You can lose a gunfight because your bullets didn't go where you were aiming, not because your aim was off.  If both of you were spaming the trigger to get the kill, both get the same amount of shots off, but you don't trade with him then it's not really a feat of skill just dumb luck.

CLG arguing for radar was about the inability to keep track of people sprinting/thrust-sliding around the maps if I recall correctly.  We got the ability radar which took care of that issue and as far as I'm aware most pros agree that it's the best compromise considering we won't get a no sprint H5. 

Yes correct, they weren't saying radar was good. That's a gross mis-characterization.  They were saying it was almost necessary because of the other BS in Halo 5. Radar was better than no radar but ability radar was far and away the best.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would legit LOL if 343i uses  the default settings( read : not the latest MLG ones used in H3 for their last event)  for their upcoming 2v2 tournament in HCS Atlanta.

:lxthul:

How'd we do? 

Starting to get the hang of it after getting a few back under our belts. 

Not sure if you're who I'd submit feedback to regarding things aside from production, but I would like to see the event information displayed on the website in an easy to navigate manner. I couldn't find a link to the bracket at all when navigating the MLG website, I only had a link to it because someone here posted it. I couldn't find team roster listing at all and had to rely on someone posting them on Beyond and on Saturday/Sunday if I wanted an updated schedule after refreshing I'd have to scroll and hit the link to the specific day again.

Love all the things on the production side that have really progressed the broadcast experience since H3/Reach with MLG, but the viewer experience on the website itself has regressed since the Reach/SC2 days. I know that listing the VoDs out in a 100% spoiler-free manner like they were back then might be too much to ask for, but I should hope that having easy to find, direct links to things like rosters, the bracket, and the schedule would not be.

Great event, hope to see MLG continue to work with Halo after Dreamhack.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like the Winner of the Halo 3 2v2 got to be some well known pro player in the Halo 3 era,  for the sake of marketing.

"Oh snap Hysteria and Fearitself won the 2v2! That nostalgia!!"

I feel like the Winner of the Halo 3 2v2 got to be some well known pro player in the Halo 3 era, for the sake of marketing.

"Oh snap Hysteria and Fearitself won the 2v2! That nostalgia!!"

I asked fear on twitch and he said he's not going

I asked fear on twitch and he said he's not going

Seeing how he's part of the fortnite side of things I doubt it. At least we got snipedown and Ola

I know from scrim results a lot of Oddball games were ended early because it was mathematically impossible for the other team to come back.

So imagine that in a tournament setting, the team has already won and have 3 more minutes to play out. (or let the other team make it to 200).

Changing the score to 150 took that out of the equation as teams seem to be able to reach 150 within a reasonable time.

• Upvote (+1) 3