CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seems to be the consensus I’ve seen on Twitter haha

https://twitter.com/Wonderboyo/status/1018873242830999552

As a Louisiana native who knows what they’re referring to, I’m not going to say they’re wrong. Even when you down places like Bourbon Street in the middle of the day it can be pretty sketch. But I couldn’t help but laugh and have a “lol tourists” moment when reading it.

Now, if 343/MLG want to have some real fun, hold an event during Mardi Gras season. You think what you saw was odd this past weekend? HA!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Seems to be the consensus I’ve seen on Twitter haha

Atlanta for the win, event is gonna be HYPE af.( Entire event, not just Halo)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope this H3 2v2 tournament is just a test to see how everything holds up on LAN, and then when it goes smoothly (fingers crossed) they announce after finals that 2019 tournaments will be H2A, leading into a million-dollar H2A World Championships which will bridge the gap to Halo: Infinite.

One can dream.

• Upvote (+1) 8

How embarrassing for 343 is it going to be when the H3 2v2 gets double the viewership that the H5 Season Finals do?

• Upvote (+1) 6

How embarrassing for 343 is it going to be when the H3 2v2 gets double the viewership that the H5 Season Finals do?

Honestly, I bet they get over 200 teams to sign up for it, which will be hilarious. If everyone who went to this event also does that, there is 80 people easy.

This will show 343 da way

I mean, they probably wouldn’t do it if they didn’t think it would bring in the numbers so would it really be embarrassing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean this is probably them testing the lan feature for mcc so they can move back to it after this season so i doubt they will feel embarrassed. Plus all of those people will be at a halo 5 event aswell and im sure a lot of them will stay to watch finals of it so it will make it look better than it would normally anyways.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean, they probably wouldn’t do it if they didn’t think it would bring in the numbers so would it really be embarrassing?

Right, but do you think they'd be expecting the venue to overflow with people looking to compete in an H3 2v2 tournament? I doubt it. If that did happen, I imagine it could be quite an eye-opener for the higher-ups at 343/Microsoft.

I think what happened with the launch of MCC is about as embarrassing as it can get and I don't think underestimating the turnout for a classic-Halo tournament in 2018 could come close to measuring up to that. I'm just hoping that, in Atlanta, they get a glimpse of the market (and the amount of fans) they've alienated by releasing games like 4 and 5. I'm hoping they get a wake up call.

So yeah, like Teapot said: Promote, promote, promote.

• Upvote (+1) 3

hadn't seen this posted (probably they should have published it before the event rather than after Championship Sunday? lol).  actually I think this might have been part of a longer video they posted last month ...

and of course H1 2v2 is more competitive, but H3 is literally 10x more popular, I think it makes sense to make a compromise between viewership/interest and competitiveness

• Upvote (+1) 5

hadn't seen this posted (probably they should have published it before the event rather than after Championship Sunday? lol).  actually I think this might have been part of a longer video they posted last month ...

and of course H1 2v2 is more competitive, but H3 is literally 10x more popular, I think it makes sense to make a compromise between viewership/interest and competitiveness

Also, everyone who's rallying to have the HCS go back to MCC are mostly citing H3 over the other possible option, being H2A.

It's a stretch, but it could be a method of 343 dipping their toes in the water to see how it does. 

I want to play some H3! If anyone wants to run some games tonight add me! Would love to get a scrim going

I'm quite hype to watch high level Halo 3, have they announced settings? I will be pretty upset if I see 4 players running around with ARs.

Would love to see competitive CSGO take a page from competitive Halo 5 and add sprint and spartan abilities to the game. #PapaSavage #Dedi

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm quite hype to watch high level Halo 3, have they announced settings? I will be pretty upset if I see 4 players running around with ARs.

Yeah its 2v2 Guardian slayer with AR/Pistol starts with radar. On the map includes overshield, spike grenades, bubble shield, flare, gravity hammer, and that thing that explodes when you shoot it on S3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah its 2v2 Guardian slayer with AR/Pistol starts with radar. On the map includes overshield, spike grenades, bubble shield, flare, gravity hammer, and that thing that explodes when you shoot it on S3.

don't even joke about that.