FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How'd we do?

Starting to get the hang of it after getting a few back under our belts.

Outstanding!

Each event MLG has been a part of has been better than the last.

-Casting and desk/breakdown talent is top notch as always

-Observing was the best I've ever seen at any Halo tournament

-interviews were solid

-Bravo sitdowns were a nice touch and felt more comfortable and relaxed than the in-the-venue interviews (I could really see Bravo having his own talkshow lol)

-The suspenseful music gave me goosebumps at a couple points, not sure if you guys picked up some new tunes, but it felt good and intense at the appropriate times

Only thing that I'd add would be mixing up the montage clips during breaks (although I really enjoyed hearing Danoxide looking for the montage/reactions), and maybe seeing semi-elimination finals on mainstage. I'm sure schedule wise, you guys had your reasons, but seeing that Trifecta vs Renegades casted would have been cool.

All in all, production was fantastic and although it's been said before, the community as a whole is glad and fortunate to have MLG back. <3

• Upvote (+1) 4

this is really Evadur's time to shine lmao, the guy has been grinding MCC H3 nonstop since 2014 (I think he has 20k games or so)

also I wonder if this really might affect the gameplay of anyone who plays in both tourneys ... Snipedown's H5 performance might suffer if he's been grinding H3

If this tournament was next month, i could see the grinders taking it. but with it being so months away, the ex pros will take it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How'd we do? 

did you not get the script and the money I sent? tox was supposed to win that last series

• Upvote (+1) 6

this is really Evadur's time to shine lmao, the guy has been grinding MCC H3 nonstop since 2014 (I think he has 20k games or so)

also I wonder if this really might affect the gameplay of anyone who plays in both tourneys ... Snipedown's H5 performance might suffer if he's been grinding H3

If this tournament was next month, i could see the grinders taking it. but with it being so months away, the ex pros will take it. 

Gabriel SvR and Fantasy usually win 2v2 MLG tournies that get posted for H3. If they go I'd say they would take it. 

I watch a lot of console esports and I think halo has the best crowds reaction/hype wise. Either that or the crowd mics for halo are just godly in comparison. 

the biggest question we have until DHATL is which team grabs up Musa. REC or Renegades?

I think it would be pretty foolish for either of those teams to do that. Musa played great this weekend but both of those teams are consistent top level players.

T2 vs Gandhi was a rivalry between players on the top teams of their time.

these teams are really close to the same placings as str8 and carbon during the height of that rivalry

How'd we do?

No complaints. Still odd to have tourneys finish with the sun out. :walshy:

I do like that the cameras stayed on the stage after the series longer than normal to see both teams reactions after a series. Keep doing that

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Halo 5 Guardians discussion thread's last post was on June 14th. F to pay respects, its been a month its dead. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 definitely are trying to appeal to the goldfish crowd. Making gameplay that is more focused on flashy fast movements that happen often rather than the slower build-up of previous games.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tuned in to see the final series.. by far the least amount I've ever watched of a Halo tournament. Was cool to at least see a few different maps/gametypes but Oddball at 150 is too low. 

But I see there is a H3 2v2 tournament coming up. Consider me hyped; I won't miss any game that is streamed. 

If posting a picture of the two events on twitch side by side is toxic, I struggle to imagine how 90% of the stuff that’s been posted in this thread over the years is still up. It’s just the reality.

Moses claims he left. If you break up with your girlfriend and say you don't care anymore, yet you talk constant shit about that girl for the next year, you're just sad and bitter. How is this different? It just seems dramatic and tiresome.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Moses claims he left. If you break up with your girlfriend and say you don't care anymore, yet you talk constant shit about that girl for the next year, you're just sad and bitter. How is this different? It just seems dramatic and tiresome.

Leaving TeamBeyond doesn’t mean you leave the competitive Halo community.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Leaving TeamBeyond doesn’t mean you leave the competitive Halo community.

Doesn't it though... Doesn't it?

and there is the whole "im leaving for fortnite" thing lately too

As always, was rooting for @@SnakeBite and was a bit unhappy that Splyce won. If they actually practiced - no one could touch them in Halo 5. 

Great event! MLG are a well oiled machine. It was a dream working for them. The entire talent lineup and crew were superb and we had incredible matches from the players.

3/4 predictions were right on the money.. damn you Ryanoob.

• Upvote (+1) 1