CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

C70ChFFVUAEEi5z.jpg

You know what? I'm just gonna say it: The only players I respect on Splyce are Eco and Stellur. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All due respect to Splyce here when i say this, but until sprint is gone and the maps/halo becomes more ‘classical’ they are now winning events for the long run.

You're going to see more classical Halo sooner than you think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There needs to be more content to grow the scene. The only video that came out this week that get me hyped for the tournament was the orge montage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Consistently good events since the scene came back, large orgs joining the game and staying due to strong events and communication with developer and the scene has great personalities. 

Don't forget to say that THE GAME STAYED TRUE TO ITSELF...............unlike cough this sprint Halo shit

I think this should show how MLG should take the grand finals back to an continuation series if the loser bracket team wins the first series. TOX wins in overall games won 9-8. Game 3 and 4 had no importance after splyce mentally decided to “reset”.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think this should show how MLG should take the grand finals back to an continuation series if the loser bracket team wins the first series. TOX wins in overall games won 9-8. Game 3 and 4 had no importance after splyce mentally decided to “reset”.

no other event does this anymore. it's unfair to the winner's team because they are cold sitting out for hours. 

tox lost 2 of 3 series. they shouldn't have won lol. 

the winners side team can still get fucked and lose.

If you go 4-0 in winners, then go 3-4 in grands 2x, you won 10 games and the losers side team won 8 to take grands. That's not a flaw, they lost 2 series. 

edit: Continuation also speeds up grand finals so less money. and if the losers side team never played the winners side team, then it doesnt work well. you start down what, 0-2? thats better than starting down 0-4 if you had played them earlier. so if you come from losers you can lose the series yet went 5-4 in games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish they had the fun kind of egos where they boast and brag and talk shit about anyone and everyone, but instead they have the boring kind of egos where they show up knowing they're going to win and then they win.

Let the young gawds find their own way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How'd we do?

Starting to get the hang of it after getting a few back under our belts.

Almost zero issues, great casting/observing, short downtime’s and great venue. The gameplay was great as well which helped.

Amazing event, thanks Adam!

• Upvote (+1) 3

How'd we do?

Was a blast. Ethan is a boss. Thanks for having me once again.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Lol what in the world am I reading? Why are fully grown adults (players included) acting like little kids? This is shameful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How'd we do? 

literally zero complaints, I thought everything was impressive; I especially appreciated the interstitial content (Bravo interviews with pros etc.). 

the only downsides are viewer count + crowd size but that's obviously beyond your control

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol what in the world am I reading? Why are fully grown adults (players included) acting like little kids? This is shameful.

To be fair the players are only taking up for their friend. If some old man was cussing one of my female friends out dont think for a sec im not gonna stand up for her.

Kinda shocked no one confronted him at the venue (assuming he was still there)

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair the players are only taking up for their friend. If some old man was cussing one of my female friends out dont think for a sec im not gonna stand up for her.

Kinda shocked no one confronted him at the venue (assuming he was still there)

I'd take up for her too, I definitely agree. However (and this was mostly what I was inferring and probably should've pointed out), sponsors do look at the stuff their current/potential future reps put out in the public. And this is absolutely ridiculous. I would take care of this directly with him though, the people who tweet this while knowingly have thousands of followers and all of Team Beyond looking are honestly just looking for a show/attention.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope there is a separate stream for the H3 tourney. I wanna watch it all and not just the finals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

this is really Evadur's time to shine lmao, the guy has been grinding MCC H3 nonstop since 2014 (I think he has 20k games or so)

also I wonder if this really might affect the gameplay of anyone who plays in both tourneys ... Snipedown's H5 performance might suffer if he's been grinding H3

• Upvote (+1) 1

How'd we do? 

At home experience was amazing. Host desk was great, casting team was great, observers did wonderful. Little downtime, I didn't notice a technical issue, audio levels were great. Social media presence was wonderful, the recently taken photos attached to tweets all looked good, I saw a lot of clips posted when I had to step away, player interviews were incredible (I would love to see these for every event). Finally, players brought their A game which definitely helps, there was good stories that were discussed.

Like I think this event was actually flawless in terms of expectation. I'm sure I could come up with small critiques and begin to point out small details if I go back and look for it. But there's nothing that felt missing from the event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd take up for her too, I definitely agree. However (and this was mostly what I was inferring and probably should've pointed out), sponsors do look at the stuff their current/potential future reps put out in the public. And this is absolutely ridiculous. I would take care of this directly with him though, the people who tweet this while knowingly have thousands of followers and all of Team Beyond looking are honestly just looking for a show/attention.

I agree with that, probably why Str8 Sick didnt say more than he did. Most of the tweets I saw talking crazy to him were by AMs.

• Upvote (+1) 1