FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its good to see a new team on top. Did you guys really want to see Tox dominate all these tournaments????? As we can see Tox is getting closer than before to Splyce's level. Every other team need to step it up. The competition is closer than ever before

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks from me for the feedback & positive comments this weekend in this thread. Not sure if I'll be in that kind of role again but glad to have brought something to the broadcast

GG Splyce!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think not many people like Splyce because they’re awkward and come across as entitled, but that’s just me.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Highlight of the tournament for me was trifecta doing that LB run. Halo history right there.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't disagree that Slayer should be removed, but the points you're trying to argue and the tone you're using behind it make it hard to support your statements.

No disrespect, but "tone" is perceived. And doesn't really stop the point of how the gametype is pretty sucky for any comp tourney. And there aren't really other points to make that don't just boil down to what's been said. There's pretty much nothing depthful to Slayer. And anything that could be depthful can be done in a better made objective gametype.

Besides, you don't need to support my statements, I don't mind it, if you do or not, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut rather than going on a (honestly) needless thing about tone, you could've added to the conversation. Or offered that different viewpoint over a pretty vague reason as to why my statement's hard to support without actually dismantling my points. Simply going "it's hard to agree" is one thing. Actually going over why in depth is another. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not the result I would have wanted in the end, but I had a great weekend watching the tourney, which was basically flawless from a production standpoint. Good work to everyone involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think not many people like Splyce because they’re awkward and come across as entitled, but that’s just me.

They're 17/18 year olds being interviewed. Almost everyone that age has been the same. Y'all remember Crimsix?

• Upvote (+1) 3

:mj:

Heartbreaking loss for Tox.

ggs to Splyce, they stepped up their game in that second series.

I know Splyce's practice regiment is being brought up a lot, but I feel like that's just because it's counter to what most people think it takes to win. If 1v1s or 2v2s (or not practicing at all) is putting them on top, then that's what it takes for them to feel comfortable and perform at top form.

They're the best right now. Period. I don't think anyone can argue with that. Maybe people are being rubbed the wrong way cause they feel like they're not taking it seriously or something. I don't know.

But when they're playing they're obviously taking it seriously and trying hard.

**Insert Allen Iverson practice meme here**

• Upvote (+1) 1

I left Str8 after worlds for Fung Four than got an offer from the boys. Preciate all the love guys More to come from the Trifecta boys haha <3 See yall tonight!!

great run today. are you going to London?

Damn Gears has over 40k viewers on Twitch + Mixer. 

How did Gears become so much bigger so fast?

Consistently good events since the scene came back, large orgs joining the game and staying due to strong events and communication with developer and the scene has great personalities. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Consistently good events since the scene came back, large orgs joining the game and staying due to strong events and communication with developer and the scene has great personalities.

Always great to see, twitter account is botted beyond all recognition but no one can deny the growth, progress and success of the game/community. Feels like they use the skin system to drive fan engagement rather than profits.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Congrats to Splyce on the win!

In regards to the announcement im gonna be laughing if more people sign up for the h3 2v2 in November than for the h5 4v4. Maybe if this is used as a gauge for popularity for HCS MCC then we may see some older halos return to the 4v4 circuit at least until halo infinity decides to show up? Personally im done with watching competitive h5 after this event and im sure people will be itching to jump on and compete with MCC as soon as its fixed.

Regardless I wish the HCS and everyone associated with it all the best moving forwards. Congrats again on the win Splyce.

Damn Gears has over 40k viewers on Twitch + Mixer. 

How did Gears become so much bigger so fast?

I think Gears did a good job at brining in the more casual playerbase. Competitive settings are different than default but by appearance the difference isn't that big so the game the more casual viewers are tuning in to is somewhat familiar. Put all the hype Gears trash talk on top of that and you can hold an audience. Furthermore, there aren't too many GoW matches that get broadcast, just some Fight Nights every now and then and the big LANs, so people tune in because top quality broadcasting is kinda rare.

The biggest thing though is probably how they get those more casual viewers to tune in in the first place: event exclusive skins. There are skins in the game that you can only get from tuning in to the even stream and completing viewer quests on their website. There's usually a skin that's exclusive to the grand finals, so you see a huge boost in viewership for the finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mind Splyce winning. They're boring, the least charismatic team to be on top for any significant period of time, and may seem unlike-able to others, but they go about their business rather quietly. Can't really fault them for being better than everyone else, even when they don't practice. Other teams need to step up.

• Upvote (+1) 2