CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That team has an opportunity to dominate and make a lot of money doing so that they seem to have 0 appreciation for.  That's the part that bugs me the most.  Demonstrate to me that you understand that you are in one of the most enviable positions in all of esports and you could literally set up your future here.  Their lack of effort in the offseason just demonstrates some supreme arrogance and it boggles my mind that there are people that aren't bothered by it.

Another part of the issue i have stems from the fact that no matter how talented you are, if you don't practice you will never reach your ceiling.  At least for Worlds they were playing 2's but i still wouldn't say they were practicing enough to hit their ceiling, and we saw how dominant they were there.  For this event fuck no. Even if they win, we won't have seen a Splyce team that's nearly as good as they could be.  I want to see them abuse the fuck out of the mechanics of the game and just destroy everybody with barely a thought, but i don't see that happening this event.

I agree with what you're saying on principal, but Splyce has been on record multiple times saying that the reason they don't scrim is because the few times they did scrim, their results/placements immediately following were poor (a very small sample size, I get it).

So we can either call them liars, which they could be I guess, or we can think we know their team better than they do. Which we definitely don't. Overall I just think they do what they think works best for them. The only thing I would call them arrogant for is not being more familiar with the new maps, but then again they 3-1d Rec yesterday and 2 of the maps were Sanctuary and Echelon.

And tbh the main reason I don't knock Splyce for lack of scrims is because Halo 5 feels like a chore to play. All this said I am a Tox fan and hope Splyce gets worked in WB Finals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with what you're saying on principal, but Splyce has been on record multiple times saying that the reason they don't scrim is because the few times they did scrim, their results/placements immediately following were poor (a very small sample size, I get it).

So we can either call them liars, which they could be I guess, or we can think we know their team better than they do. Which we definitely don't. Overall I just think they do what they think works best for them. The only thing I would call them arrogant for is not being more familiar with the new maps, but then again they 3-1d Rec yesterday and 2 of the maps were Sanctuary and Echelon.

And tbh the main reason I don't knock Splyce for lack of scrims is because Halo 5 feels like a chore to play. All this said I am a Tox fan and hope Splyce gets worked in WB Finals.

I don't even mean lack of scrims. You can practice without scrimming and I would argue that most teams probably lean too hard on scrims and need to mix it up more. I mean lack of practice period. Halo 5 is absolutely a chore to play and that's affected every team but it's not an excuse to not practice. Maybe it's because I'm a little older now? IDK. At that age I may not have "recognized the moment" either. I basically want a little recognition that they appreciate what has been essentially handed to them at this point. 343 is basically running a charity and they could say "ROI with HCS isn't worth it" and pull the rug from under them at any point.

They could also be trolling the fuck out of us and just practice a lot on secret accounts.

EDIT: My long walls of text make it look like i'm crying over here lol but i'm not im just verbose sometimes.  Its a disappointment level of like 3/10

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bring back Team Infused

EU Egos nullified this request, we are literally back to stage one scraping the barrels of top 12-16 omegalul
  • Upvote (+1) 6

EU Egos nullified this request, we are literally back to stage one scraping the barrels of top 12-16 omegalul

On paper I thought this lucid team had potential though. Maybe give it time.

Also, that LATAM team is no joke. I've seen Atzo and Drift in h5 MM since the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If there is another Worlds for H5 they really need to bring back the Friday night all-star matches.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Splyce not knowing callouts on the new maps is disrespectful and idiotic. They aren’t taking the competition seriously and don’t seem to appreciate the position they’re in. Honestly just feels like arrogant teenagers to me; the smug way that Shotzzy was talking about their lack of practice on Friday night was ... unfortunate. Honestly I hope they place third and get embarrassed in map count

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not really impressed with APG imo. If RNG can replace him with a better player they can be a dominant team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That was one of my favorite H5 series ever. So cool to see a grudge match go in favor of a significantly lesser ranked team. Musa and Rayne played so well.

Also enjoy seeing Spartan lose.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm so happy. Ryanoob has been talking shit and teabagging for 8 years and Spartan's the only guy who's ever publicly tweeted about it and whined. Rubs me the wrong way.

• Upvote (+1) 3