CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I haven't been paying much attention to the tourney this weekend so I haven't heard this.

I mean... practice against the best is vital because you need to know how you stack up against your peers and how to play against someone of your tier.

For example, if a StarCraft player hadn't been practicing against pros, I'd instantly assume that they were going to get smashed. Ultimately, while you may want to keep your strats secret, you need the kind of practice that playing against fellow pros provides.

actually this would be the equivalent of Flash only practicing against other KT players before a Starleague final (so he keeps his strats hidden etc.).  Splyce are practicing against pros -- each other.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going by Splyce's custom games history they've quit playing 2v2's against eachother and are now playing 1v1's instead... So yeah... 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Still checking back periodically here for what you guys like/dislike observing wise, don't be afraid to @ me in this thread or on twitter for ideas/things you like or dislike

• Upvote (+1) 5

Still checking back periodically here for what you guys like/dislike observing wise, don't be afraid to @ me in this thread or on twitter for ideas/things you like or dislike

Instinctively accidentally misread that as "don't @ me" and wondered when Halo's casters became such savages.

More 3rd person flag runs
  • Upvote (+1) 3

everything is very sexy you guys are killing it

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bit of a disappointing showing from this new EU team but wow what a win for the LATAM region. Wish tapping's team could have made the event too.

Also not sure why Dastroyed seems to be such an overlooked player. He has been absolutely killing it at events for months now.

It’s nice to be back casting Halo again. Gonna try and improve and watch the VOD from TOX/RNG to see how I can improve tomorrow but I’m loving it regardless. This event has been so fun. :)

I'm honestly loving everything about this event. I have no real complaints. Keep up the work!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Still catching up on Friday & Saturday's games and after watching their first series against Hitmen the enormity of Tox not placing outside of the top 2 (correct me if I'm forgetting a lower placing) in the entirety of their almost 3-year run as a team together just sort of hit me again. I really can't think of any other team that has ever been that consistent with both placings and roster composition. Pretty incredible when you look at the traditional volatility of the competitive Halo scene.

Aside from that little musing I'm really enjoying the matches and production so far. The analyst desk has been great so far, Lottie's a fantastic host and getting players up there to help break down matches is something we should keep doing going forward. Observers are doing a great job as always, so props to Wonderboy, Heinz, and Knighty for their off-screen magic. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really can't think of any other team that has ever been that consistent with both placings and roster composition. Pretty incredible when you look at the traditional volatility of the competitive Halo scene.

C'mon man. Walshy, Ogre 1, Ogre 2, Saiyan?

Although Tox is about to pass them up in the roster stability department.

• Upvote (+1) 4

C'mon man. Walshy, Ogre 1, Ogre 2, Saiyan?

Although Tox is about to pass them up in the roster stability department.

Alright, to be fair I did ignore H1 results in favour of just counting from XBL's beginning (as I think that somewhat reliable online play presents a lot more opportunities for player discoverability, which in turn contributes to roster instability) which was a bit unfair. I guess the most telling thing will be whether or not they can carry it over to Halo Infinite and maintain that level of play in another game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last night the MLG staff was downloading MCC on a row of the open bracket xboxes... we'll see what today brings?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't watch much bechause of the OWL playoffs, but i'm in for championship Sunday. 
Especially want to see the new maps and modes.       

Viewership numbers are depressing tho. Gears is now generally bigger than Halo :O

And Gears will get a new game next year. Next Halo is probably just in 2020. 

It's because movement is so fast epic flag at home should be on.

No... without touch return it would just be an endless train of desperate flag grabs resetting the clock causing endless standoffs.

I don't really really understand your qualm with them lol.

They're so good they don't need to practice to get top placings apparently , so why do so? Especially if it could make them worse.

Are you just annoyed they're so good they don't need work ethic? (I realise this comes off as fanboying but it's just how I see the reality.) 

lol sort of?  I'm not annoyed at their talent, that would be ludicrous haha.  I just can't respect people that don't have work ethic no matter how talented.  they didn't know the callouts on the fucking maps for christ sake.  That's not lazy practice, that's no practice.  

That team has an opportunity to dominate and make a lot of money doing so that they seem to have 0 appreciation for.  That's the part that bugs me the most.  Demonstrate to me that you understand that you are in one of the most enviable positions in all of esports and you could literally set up your future here.  Their lack of effort in the offseason just demonstrates some supreme arrogance and it boggles my mind that there are people that aren't bothered by it.

Another part of the issue i have stems from the fact that no matter how talented you are, if you don't practice you will never reach your ceiling.  At least for Worlds they were playing 2's but i still wouldn't say they were practicing enough to hit their ceiling, and we saw how dominant they were there.  For this event fuck no. Even if they win, we won't have seen a Splyce team that's nearly as good as they could be.  I want to see them abuse the fuck out of the mechanics of the game and just destroy everybody with barely a thought, but i don't see that happening this event.

So, tournament schedule today:

1PM ET: LBR4(Elevate - Trifecta, & Hitmen - Berserker)

2PM ET: LBR5(Rec - Elevate/Trifecta, & RNG - Hitmen/Berserker)

3PM ET: Winners finals

4:30PM ET: Losers semis

6PM ET: Losers finals

7:30PM ET: Champ finals

Spartan vs Ryanoob round 2 possibly on main stage!

• Upvote (+1) 2

on topic, here are the matches for champ sunday!

for top 6 then top 4 (hopefully elevate/trifecta is a close series

28IOpGD.png

for top 2

clSIYxV.png

• Upvote (+1) 1