CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

does anyone have a twitch clip of Strongside back when he was like super animated and yelling when casting the most casual scenarios? talking about like previous tournaments.

asking for a friend

This just in, heard people cheering over a grenade kill. I don't know if I wanna live anymore.

Wasn't it because he killed him by the impact of the nade?

Also LET'S GO REC.

I really hope splyce lose, their attitude about practice and all that really irks me.

Wasn't it because he killed him by the impact of the nade?

Nah, was just a random hail mary.

Future president Aaron Elam.

Duuuude, you don't play the Mexicans, the Mexicans play you.

Am i the only one that thinks that Splyce not practicing or scrimming against top teams is a smart idea as it just prevents teams from getting used to playing them?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am i the only one that thinks that Splyce not practicing or scrimming against top teams is a smart idea as it just prevents teams from getting used to playing them?

Splyce isn't practicing or scrimming period. Heck, they seem to not even be playing 2's together anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been paying much attention to the tourney this weekend so I haven't heard this.

I mean... practice against the best is vital because you need to know how you stack up against your peers and how to play against someone of your tier.

For example, if a StarCraft player hadn't been practicing against pros, I'd instantly assume that they were going to get smashed. Ultimately, while you may want to keep your strats secret, you need the kind of practice that playing against fellow pros provides.

Rec just got reality checked. And on two new gametypes and maps no less.

Sigh... Well, with the day over, here's the standings for the teams that got eliminated:

9-12th: Lucid(Kimbo, Respectful, tuf0xy, & SLG)
9-12th: Fung Four(Druk, Soul Snipe, Juziro, & Gilkey)
9-12th: Str8(Rammy, Str8 Sick, Dastroyed, & Nemassist)
9-12th: Lux Gaming(Envore, SuperCC Evades, Taulek, & Valkyrie)
13-16th: Fable eSports(DRUK85, Riotz, Shaady, & Shabby Dagger)
13-16th: Skedoodle(Swish, Neuronical, Galaxy, & Vetra)
13-16th: The Gosu Crew(Cratos, Commonly, Suspector, & Danoxide)
13-16th: Athletico(Slayzy, Colt, BZ||RK, & Pipz)
17-20th: Operator eSports(Eli Elite, Nebula, Pilez, & Sneaky Bran)
17-20th: Vertacon(BoamX, Impulsion, Psylince, & Ryno)
17-20th: Reborn(Stress, Omnipresent, ARTICLES, & CLIPP35)
17-20th: Mock-It!(Squashy, Looney, WarLord, & Outkast)
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Why did they change Sanc so you could score when the isn`t flag not at home cause it`s pretty awful tbh.

So you don't get 0-0 replays. Map is too big, sprint-thrust-slide too fast and respawn time too short for that map.  They're not willing to make actual game changing updates to the game at this point, so thats what happens.  iirc though, Halo 2 wasn't flag home to score either? Or maybe im remembering that it wasn't touch return...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been paying much attention to the tourney this weekend so I haven't heard this.

I mean... practice against the best is vital because you need to know how you stack up against your peers and how to play against someone of your tier.

For example, if a StarCraft player hadn't been practicing against pros, I'd instantly assume that they were going to get smashed. Ultimately, while you may want to keep your strats secret, you need the kind of practice that playing against fellow pros provides.

I know that but i think that because they are so confident in their individual skill, they use that as a strategy. I still think that they practice against each other tho. but i would love to know why they choose to not practice against them tho. Did they ever give us a reason why? 

Splyce only practices 2's against each other, if they even practice at all. It's been pretty well known for a while.

Personally, I think it only really works if you have the skill to negate any of the bad effects. Splyce might be the only team capable of that.

But I also think there's something else to this. Truth is, Halo 5 is really easy to get burnt out on. It's just not the kind of game you can play for hours on end every single day without wanting to throw your controller at the wall. It can be mentally stressful to play that damn game all the time. Most pros do it because money is involved, not because they like the game. One of the advantages of Splyce not practicing is they go into tournaments absolutely fresh. They probably feel less drained throughout the day then other teams do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There really might be an advantage to not scrimming in that other teams don't get comfortable playing against you ... if RNG had played a bunch of 13-game scrims against Splyce they might have been able to figure out some weaknesses etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, I think that practicing doesn't have to involve scrimming. If a team is trying to stay sharp by improving various aspects of their game then that's practice; I consider Splyce playing 2's all the time as a form of practice as it helped them with their aggressive playstyle that allows them to close out kills on weak opponents.

Not sure if Splyce actually has been doing anything I would consider practice (sounds like they haven't been), just don't think that we should say a team that isn't scrimming isn't practicing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce only practices 2's against each other, if they even practice at all. It's been pretty well known for a while.

Personally, I think it only really works if you have the skill to negate any of the bad effects. Splyce might be the only team capable of that.

But I also think there's something else to this. Truth is, Halo 5 is really easy to get burnt out on. It's just not the kind of game you can play for hours on end every single day without wanting to throw your controller at the wall. It can be mentally stressful to play that damn game all the time. Most pros do it because money is involved, but still. One of the advantages of Splyce not practicing is they go into tournaments absolutely fresh. They probably feel less drained throughout the day then other teams do.

They didn't even do that before this tourney though.  They didn't do shit.  Personally, i think playing 2's is brilliant as a part of your practice regimen and that pro teams have been sticking to 4v4 scrims as their go-to practice a little too much. How much benefit do you get out of 4v4 scrimming 5 nights a week? Seems like it would be better to scrim 4v4 maybe 2 or 3 times a week, then have other practices the rest of the time (2v2, MM, film, short drill games, etc)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why did they change Sanc so you can score when the isn`t flag at home cause it`s pretty awful tbh.

this

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why did they change Sanc so you can score when the isn`t flag at home cause it`s pretty awful tbh.

They had to because of the change to timed return (as opposed to proximity return). If they had changed it to timed return but only allowed scoring when the flag was at home, flag standoffs would have lasted the entire game as there would be no way to speed up the return (it would be extremely hard to prevent a team from getting a touch for 12 seconds at their own base). Not saying that the changes were good in general, but you couldn't implement the first change without the second one.

So you don't get 0-0 replays. Map is too big, sprint-thrust-slide too fast and respawn time too short for that map.  They're not willing to make actual game changing updates to the game at this point, so thats what happens.  iirc though, Halo 2 wasn't flag home to score either? Or maybe im remembering that it wasn't touch return...

It's because movement is so fast epic flag at home should be on.

They didn't even do that before this tourney though.  They didn't do shit.  Personally, i think playing 2's is brilliant as a part of your practice regimen and that pro teams have been sticking to 4v4 scrims as their go-to practice a little too much. How much benefit do you get out of 4v4 scrimming 5 nights a week? Seems like it would be better to scrim 4v4 maybe 2 or 3 times a week, then have other practices the rest of the time (2v2, MM, film, short drill games, etc)

I don't really really understand your qualm with them lol.

They're so good they don't need to practice to get top placings apparently , so why do so? Especially if it could make them worse.

Are you just annoyed they're so good they don't need work ethic? (I realise this comes off as fanboying but it's just how I see the reality.)