CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Rob the Turtle versus Takedown?

I have no idea who to root against

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only thing i can think of is maybe being quicker on the draw for those top down/zoomed out perspectives. Sometimes they are commentating and you switch and it's over and you have to switch away.

Setting up before you think something may happen maybe might help rather then as it's happening? might also give the casters more to talk about, they can talk about the specific strats happening from a top down before they actually engage in the flank.

Yeah, thats great feedback, and a lot of those issues happened as Richie was still getting used to the observer mode fly cam controls (believe me when I say panning shots & setting up angles are SO finicky). I'll try hold fire on cutting to them if the action is midway through if it's too jarring

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sup my dudes, hope you all enjoyed day one! Lost my voice last night so had to be careful today, more hype coming tomorrow I promise xxx

• Upvote (+1) 7

Jimbo and Tapping's teams got knocked out in open or did I miss something?

Jimbo isn't playing this tourney, and last I heard from Tapping if he was gonna be at NOLA was "maybe" so idk, no tweets from that team about NOLA though, so I'll go with they weren't there.

Jimbo isn't playing this tourney, and last I heard from Tapping if he was gonna be at NOLA was "maybe" so idk, no tweets from that team about NOLA though, so I'll go with they weren't there.

Oh ok, I saw from Jimbo's twitter that he was in America so I thought he must have been playing. Disappointing.

The only thing i can think of is maybe being quicker on the draw for those top down/zoomed out perspectives. Sometimes they are commentating and you switch and it's over and you have to switch away.

Setting up before you think something may happen maybe might help rather then as it's happening? might also give the casters more to talk about, they can talk about the specific strats happening from a top down before they actually engage in the flank.

(believe me when I say panning shots & setting up angles are SO finicky).

Can attest, the camera speeds are not really designed for live viewing like this and there's a lot of invisible stuff the camera can get snagged on. Heinz seemed to be doing a pretty solid job from the bits I saw today. Refuge looks really nice with fly cams.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Checking in with the HCS for the first time in months and seeing half the rosters at NOLA.

7eiqrllz86411.gif

Refreshing. Seriously refreshing. How was the tournament today? Only got to tune into a game or two, but I saw Sanc?

• Upvote (+1) 4

that Shotzzy interview was ... interesting.  they literally haven't played the new maps enough to know callouts, so they just sort of figure out the callouts as they go ("yeah, the maps were definitely easier to play once we figured out callouts after the first few games").  they didn't really scrim at all (even on one-months, I guess), but "we'll just get practice as the tournament goes on" (???)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Looking to improve tomorrow's Bravo stream! Any and all feedback is welcome.

Bravo stream is fine. Just don't make tweets that'll upset Lethul  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

the best upset of the day was Legion getting knocked by some people I never hear of... mr. Alpha?

Who's on Legion? 

that Shotzzy interview was ... interesting.  they literally haven't played the new maps enough to know callouts, so they just sort of figure out the callouts as they go ("yeah, the maps were definitely easier to play once we figured out callouts after the first few games").  they didn't really scrim at all (even on one-months, I guess), but "we'll just get practice as the tournament goes on" (???)

Yeah fuck that.  I hope they get wrecked in the bracket.  They are way too talented to be so fucking lazy with this opportunity and need a wake up call.  They are so talented that they could still win this thing even without practicing, but i hope they don't.  Its hard for me to respect a team that doesn't seem to have any grasp whatsoever on the incredible opportunity they have in front of them.  Its like throwing pearls to swine.

If you listen to the interview I make fun of it and said that we have to try again LOL. I’m normally really good about the mid shake adjustment but this time I was stuck in an awkward hand clasp position.

5bE7PrT.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, thats great feedback, and a lot of those issues happened as Richie was still getting used to the observer mode fly cam controls (believe me when I say panning shots & setting up angles are SO finicky). I'll try hold fire on cutting to them if the action is midway through if it's too jarring

Fantastic!

I think as we get used to this more and more we'll be able to use it to really allow casters to talk more about strats, it's one thing to hear them say it but it's a whole nother to actually see them moving all around the whole map.

For instance when we had that Truth slayer and you zoomed out on the bottom level you could actually see the teams setting up crossfire positions for the OS. I thought to myself "wow, if I told my mates to go here when I rushed maybe I wouldn't die".

Anyways I've said enough lol Keep up the great work to you and @@Infinity and everyone else on the cams.

@Wonderboy 

Just want to stop by here and say honestly your camera work really adds the x factor to the viewing experience. I really appreciate the extra work behind the scenes to you and to everyone involved with it. The way you are working with what you've got in regards to observer mode is top notch and has made the event worth watching just for the extra info your observing provides. Halo 5 is really hectic at times and being able to see what is going on from a vantage point is brilliant addition to the viewing experience. 

Thanks again and I hope you continue to improve and innovate with what you are doing. Keep it up!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh, there's another round in Open LB to make champs losers bracket after the last one.

The matchups:

Operator eSports(Eli Elite, Nebula, Pilez, & Sneaky Bran) - Oceanic Squad(Burton, KLTNn, Lifestyle, & Blaze)

Vertacon(BoamX, Impulsion, Psylince, & Ryno) - EdaxPro(Brainstorm, Daffs, Manny, & Rob The Turtle)

Skedoodle(Swish, Neuronical, Galaxy, & Vetra) - Boats RYDERS(Ferro2Clutch, Mop2Clutch, Dallay Lama, & RPCommon)

Reborn(Stress, Omnipresent, ARTICLES, & CLIPP35) - Guardians Thicc Jawns(Queenx3, Kkateymarie, jaxxthegoat, & JR2)

Edit: 

Congratulations to Reborn who swept Guardian's Thicc Jawns and advances to champ bracket!

Edit2:

And a congratulations to Operator eSports who beat Oceanic 3-1, and to Vertacon who beat EdaxPro in a game 5, both also advances to champ bracket!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Open Bracket is now over, your LB teams to advance to the Champs LB are:

Operator eSports(Eli Elite, Nebula, Pilez, & Sneaky Bran)
Vertacon(BoamX, Impulsion, Psylince, & Ryno)
Skedoodle(Swish, Neuronical, Galaxy, & Vetra)
Reborn(Stress, Omnipresent, ARTICLES, & CLIPP35)
  • Upvote (+1) 3

@Wonderboy

Just want to stop by here and say honestly your camera work really adds the x factor to the viewing experience. I really appreciate the extra work behind the scenes to you and to everyone involved with it. The way you are working with what you've got in regards to observer mode is top notch and has made the event worth watching just for the extra info your observing provides. Halo 5 is really hectic at times and being able to see what is going on from a vantage point is brilliant addition to the viewing experience.

Thanks again and I hope you continue to improve and innovate with what you are doing. Keep it up!

Cheers mate, completely agree on the third person stuff. Hoping I can get a look in casting wise again real soon but for now doing the best job possible for the viewer experience

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, @@Bad Dub, a "Highest Dmg/D Per Game" would be cool and much better than just "Highest Dmg per Game"(and I think Sabinater's Flag Returns Per Game is bugged).

Edit: nvm, had a mathematical brain fart on the Sabinater part.
  • Upvote (+1) 1