CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If posting a picture of the two events on twitch side by side is toxic, I struggle to imagine how 90% of the stuff that’s been posted in this thread over the years is still up. It’s just the reality.

Moses wasn’t blaming MLG, this game as mishandled for years and even if MLG run 10/10 events for the next 1-2 years it’s going to be a grind to keep any sort of viewership. And there is still plenty that can be improved on the HCS side of things.

Absolutely.

yeah Moses has been weirdly bitchy and melodramatic in the past couple months, I think there might be something else going on

Pot meet the kettle. Please don't talk shit to someone on a website that has drama every other day and bitches about everything. It's not like he said anything that nobody here would ever dare utter. Also please don't make assumptions about someone's personal life just because you feel like putting someone down. Especially when you know they ain't going to come here to respond to them.

LITERALLY LIKE 3 POSTS DOWN have people having a slap fight over the internet saying stuff like this: "Do you have the balls to start a debate or do you just want to retreat to your support group and bitch about it?"

But yeah, moses is the one being melodramatic :walshy:

I mean he said he is switching to fortnite, scorched earth on the way out? - I dont think its toxic personally, not like what he is saying ISNT true, but its a big change of pace from his overwhemlimgly positive HCS/H5 tweets // Halo 5 is game of the year tweets.

I don't know about H5 game of the year I don't recall him ever saying that but I can def tell you he's burnt out from trying so hard.

he's just finally gotten to the point most of us have. to me it sucks seeing someone who was into all facets of halo burn out like this

Yep. Even I'm at that point even if I enjoy the competitive matches on stream. I've lost all interest otherwise.

@ me in this thread with what you like/dislike from the observing this weekend. New game types & maps so we're trying new things

Especially looking at you here @@Infinity. Will be checking back periodically to gather/ask for feedback on some stuff :D

I love the overhead stuff, if you can do more of the top down views while teams are setting up flanks on CTF especially I'd love to see how they move out and rotate.

Finally a H5 event with new maps and oddball. Idc if the maps are trash will just be refreshing too see something new.

Yeah oddball and the new maps allows for...every gametype to be a different one. It's really nice.

There's no need to be so toxic about it though, plus the event literally just started.

MLG has done a great job with taking over the game after ESL had the front-loaded years, on top of that HCS has added new maps and gametypes while a few key members have departed. It's Halo 5 3rd year now and like past titles popularity will begin to shrink, if they can keep this momentum until Infinite - we'll be in a good place when it launches.

Remember my PM talking about toxicity? You're calling that toxic?  The irony lol

Is it REALLY being toxic, or is it just you feeling defensive cuz you feel he insulted MLG?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Im not even mad at Gears having more viewers than Halo. Gears still plays like it should play and its still fun to play and watch. The game never got a major change like Halo did with "sprint" and armor abilities. 

Halo 5 is not Halo to "me" and possibly to many others. The only interest left for me is the pro scene. Hopefully Halo:Infinite goes back to a true Halo game.  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember my PM talking about toxicity? You're calling that toxic? The irony lol

Is it REALLY being toxic, or is it just you feeling defensive cuz you feel he insulted MLG?

Yep, and we put new rules and new staff in place to hopefully curve it in the last few years. I know we don't talk about removed posts or banned members too often, but we do a lot of behind-the-scenes here on the daily that a lot of people don't see. As always if you see something bad please use the report feature or PM staff.

MLG has done incredible work since they've been back with Halo, I have really no affiliation with them if that's what you're reaching for? - but hey if you can't see it then I don't know what to tell you. When I see great work, I praise it.

Toxic probably wasn't the best word for me to use regarding it, but the recent tone in tweets hasn't made it a fun read. Competitive Halo has always had its ups and downs - we still have tons of teams competing, a great venue and stream happening this weekend, and updated rules. Heck, I was at the Microsoft Store FFA last weekend, and there were 30+ players showing up to play Halo 5. We just have to weather the storm until Halo Infinite drops. This isn't anything new for those that have been around the tail end of a Halo game.

Anyways, I really hope Fortnite works out for Moses. He's an incredibly hard worker, and I wish him the best of luck with that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love the overhead stuff, if you can do more of the top down views while teams are setting up flanks on CTF especially I'd love to see how they move out and rotate.

Agreed totally, it's really great. Lack of skyboxes on forge maps mean so much more freedom for stuff like this. Not available on vanilla maps but if we ever get to see Fissure/echelon we'll use top down a lot more because it's so informative

First over of the weekend by Snakebite!

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidFaithfulSwordKevinTurtle

• Upvote (+1) 4

Im not even mad at Gears having more viewers than Halo. Gears still plays like it should play and its still fun to play and watch. The game never got a major change like Halo did with "sprint" and armor abilities. 

Halo 5 is not Halo to "me" and possibly to many others. The only interest left for me is the pro scene. Hopefully Halo:Infinite goes back to a true Halo game.  :prayers:

Amen friend.

Agreed totally, it's really great. Lack of skyboxes on forge maps mean so much more freedom for stuff like this. Not available on vanilla maps but if we ever get to see Fissure/echelon we'll use top down a lot more because it's so informative

I didn't know that!

I gotta say this PLEASE continue to test things like this! Maybe go over it with pros after games and ask them what pov's and perspectives might work?

It really makes things feel fresh and is great practice hopefully for infinite and just events for this in general. It really lets people see how teams move.

Something I've always wanted though was that board you'd all write on after matches (the smart boards) would it be possible to bring that back? Maybe have players from teams themselves explain certain strategies?

(Also please tell everyone working on this event that you see that I appreciate them! Yourself included thank you!

Lucid almost takes game 1 from Splyce on Bravo, wow

Not fan how players just drop or thrust from ring 3 because they know how easy is to clamber back. Oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not fan how players just drop or thrust from ring 3 because they know how easy is to clamber back. Oh well.

I remember when getting to ring 3 was skillful. Now its just a normal part of the map. (Has been since Reach)

• Upvote (+1) 5