CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

wowowow stream starts right on the dot, intro from Goldenboy and FARUUUUUUUUUQ :fire: :fire: :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 2

:fire: :prayers: :D IT'S EVENT DAY :D  :prayers: :fire:

Member rep has been raised to 117 for the weekend, let's try and keep it civil and fun as always. Best of luck to those competing in Gears and Halo over the weekend, excited to see MLG put on another stellar showing!

Predictions:
1) Splyce
2) REC
3) ToX

So I get 117 free rep   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

wowowow stream starts right on the dot, intro from Goldenboy and FARUUUUUUUUUQ :fire: :fire: :fire:

Really? Can't watch at work right now but I didn't know Faruq was with MLG still. I love me some battlebots though and he kills it there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any of the matches between the open teams being streamed? I've got both Halo streams up and the GoW up in three different windows. First time I've had this much eSports going and it feels amazing.

So basically an arena shooter played on a large map with one life and you pick your initial spawn?

Don't forget building, but yeah basically.  Obviously not recreating the competitive merit of Quake here but the goal is to eliminate the random aspects of the core game while still keeping the experience more or less the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's not wrong

There's no need to be so toxic about it though, plus the event literally just started.

MLG has done a great job with taking over the game after ESL had the front-loaded years, on top of that HCS has added new maps and gametypes while a few key members have departed. It's Halo 5 3rd year now and like past titles popularity will begin to shrink, if they can keep this momentum until Infinite - we'll be in a good place when it launches.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't think it's fair to boil it down this way. The skill ceiling in Fortnite is incredibly high. Console play has come a long way as well. It sounds like you just don't like the game but need to find some dramatic reason why lol.

Not like I am totally fine with the game, casually, and do play it, lol. My criticism isn't spawned from the fact I'm on the hatetrain bandwagon. It's just how I feel the game is. It's not really a dramatic reason, don't get what there is dramatic. It's just a more potentially depthful spitball at why it is popular. Given this game, content wise, is about as bare bones as it gets.

Again, Halo 5 has a comparable ceiling of skill for movement. Doesn't mean it's the best thing in the world, lol. Like, Fortnite's "skill ceiling" in heavy air quotes is literally in its gimmick, not its gunplay, the latter of which, given the game's defacto utility, is random. Aaaaaand that aforementioned gimmick still falls prey to the same flaws as sprint or thrust would. Gotta love negative impacts. The game is swamped with randomness. How is it unfair to boil the game's popularity down to the fact it's essentially a giant gamble on winning, or simply playing. It's the same concept behind why loot boxes became so big, too. People generally love that rush, subconsciously or not. Couple that with some new factors in Fortnite, and bam. Successipe.

Funnily enough, though, console play in Fortnite's better than PC on the sole basis it stops building from being the most obnoxious fucking mechanic on the planet. Weird twist, but PC is just gross. If you never wanna properly fight someone in a straight 1v1, play that. 

@ me in this thread with what you like/dislike from the observing this weekend. New game types & maps so we're trying new things

Especially looking at you here @@Infinity. Will be checking back periodically to gather/ask for feedback on some stuff :D

Not necessarily sure if its possible but i think it would be helpful to newer viewers for the observer to start with sky cam showing where both teams go off the start for a few seconds. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's no need to be so toxic about it though, plus the event literally just started.

MLG has done a great job with taking over the game after ESL had the front-loaded years, on top of that HCS has added new maps and gametypes while a few key members have departed. It's Halo 5 3rd year now and like past titles popularity will begin to shrink, if they can keep this momentum until Infinite - we'll be in a good place when it launches.

Yeah, I don't know what he was expecting on an old game. Keeping this bit of momentum is "fine" until Infinite, whenever that is. Venue looks bloody beautiful, though, from the pics. Always love 'em.