CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly, where did the Slayer hate originate? I don't think this level of hate is something I can replicate. Or, seemingly, deteriorate. No matter what arguments I make. You guys just want to eat your cake, but have a full plate.

But really, when/where did it start?

For me. Day 1 of my halo multiplayer experience. Late 2004. LANing in the freshman dorms. I don't hate Slayer, I just think it's inferior to almost every other objective gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, where did the Slayer hate originate? I don't think this level of hate is something I can replicate. Or, seemingly, deteriorate. No matter what arguments I make. You guys just want to eat your cake, but have a full plate. 

re: tournament gameplay, it started on the MLG forums at the beginning of H3 lol.  

I don't get it, because the objective is power weapon + power-up control (slayer already has 'objectives'), plus games are shorter than CTF, rules are very easy to understand, and the casual viewer has played a ton of slayer (but not necessarily objective games as often).  5-game and 7-game series are already long enough.  

with that said, slayer works far better in H1 and H2 than in later games.  H5 slayer is not ideal for various reasons, but I think is still worth including as 20% or 40% of tournament games

I don’t hate slayer- but it never felt like a competitive gametype to me. It doesn’t bring anything unique to the table that isn’t also found in the objective gametypes.

To me, If CTF was a game of basketball, slayer would be a game of horse. It’s a good warmup, but it doesn’t provide an opportunity to show everything you’ve got.

Yeah, there are ways to make slayer better than what we have now, but I’d love to see it deemphasized going forward.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 slayer game per series. Game 1 slayer than obj for the rest.

I would make it game 3 in a 5 game series or game 4 in a 7 game series.  Let it be the decider of a sweep or give the losing team a chance to build momentum but every time slayer is the decider of a full series, it hurts my heart a little.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Awesome to see that amount of money put into competitive. I rather grind my nails on chalkboards than to play Battle Royale competitively, but I will tune in 100% and watch.

holy fuck they must sell tons of skins. i could never get into watching pubg competitively and that hasnt seemed to go anywhere, not sure why fortnite would succeed where they didnt. BR isnt my thing though so i could just be out of the loop

If tossing out 100 million for their esports scene doesn't show other developers that loot boxes/ REQ packs/ supply drops aren't necessary in today's climate, I don't know what does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's talking about how TB should run another no-sprint tournament on their own time and dime 

:simms:

I'm ready.

• Upvote (+1) 2

stevebuscemishockedteeth.gif

That is a fuccccccccccccking stupid amount of money but I mean fair play to them it's going to make everything else look like childs play if they do it right. To put it in perspective, tier one esports like CSGO and League have only given about half of that amount of money away in prizes over the entire lifespan of the game and that includes every single major/minor/3rd party tournament. DOTA the only one even close and that is because of the silly money the international generates.

fortnite

what the effing shit ... just when I thought Ninja couldn't get any bigger lol.  

I'm curious about how this might affect other FPS games, how many mid-tier pros from other esports will make the switch?  (Contra and Danoxide already play a shit-ton of Fortnite, for example)

• Upvote (+1) 1

100 million? Am I reading that right?

100 fkn million for Fortnite  :wutface:

0 for Unreal Tournament since 99'(and an unfinished trash game) :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 6

100 fkn million for Fortnite  :wutface:

0 for Unreal Tournament  :salt:

Was about to post this :tear:

Tencent owns 40% of Epic btw so the future is not bright.

also

> be ninja

> best fornite player earth

> land on top of building

> no gun anywhere this place

> get killed

> best fortnite player earth lost against rng

How does this work

• Upvote (+1) 8