Devilman

VA Beach LAN 2018 + Halo CE Tournament: May 24th - 28th

Next Thursday my semi-annual VA Beach LAN will be starting.  There will be a 2v2 tourney with the FFA round on Friday (which will include a final round this time) and bracket play on Saturday.  Both Hard Way and Knighty Knight will be attending so I'm sure there will be plenty of great commentary for those viewing the stream.  There will be two stations that are capable of streaming so we shouldn't have too much down time for those people watching.  Also we will have a pre-release build of Halo 1: NHE v1.0 on all xboxes so it can get some testing before the final release..  It will include several new maps that have been made over the past couple of months.

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/vabeachlan

Youtube (VA Winter LAN 2018): 

1. Devilman
2. Mudbone
3. dds
4. Killa Cam
5. Tbrax
6. Cujjer
7. Oh4
8. Missingno
9. Klown
10. S.Pank
11. Meg
12. Simplifyyy
13. Cat - Paid
14. Gazzo
15. Biff Nasty
16. JohnTheHero
17. Unit
18. Kush
19. Hurley
20. stunt man
21. Teapot
22. Wraith
23. Knighty Knight
24. Halaster
25. xVirgin
26. Hard Way

2v2 Tournament:

Starts: Friday the 25th at 9:00pm EST
Bracket play: Saturday the 26th at 1:00pm EST

Tourney Prize Split:

- 1st Place 2v2 - $120
- 2nd Place 2v2 - $60
- 1st Place FFA - $20

Equipment (5 Stations):

4 each - 22" NEC MultiSync FP2141SB/FE2111SB CRT Monitors
2 each - 27" Samsung TXN2775HF CRT TVs
4 each - 20" Toshiba 20AF46 CRT TVs
All Xboxes modded and running the latest build of Halo 1: NHE

Donations:

I understand it's possible to attach donations to twitch accounts however I may or may not have the time or energy to set it up before next week.  Last VA LAN a couple people had asked how to donate so I'm putting it on here.  Also feel free to donate towards the prize pool.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

I didn't realize NHE 1.0 had more maps than previous NHE versions. Are you planning to use more of them for the tournament, or will it mostly be Downrush still?

I'm excited to tune in, I'll be missing Saturday night sadly but hopefully I can catch a lot of the stream.

I didn't realize NHE 1.0 had more maps than previous NHE versions. Are you planning to use more of them for the tournament, or will it mostly be Downrush still?

I'm excited to tune in, I'll be missing Saturday night sadly but hopefully I can catch a lot of the stream.

The tourney will be played only on the main 7 maps (HH, Priz, Dammy, Dere, DR, Creek, Chilly).  The winner's bracket matches will be best of 3 games played on the main 7 maps (in order).  Loser's bracket matches will be best of 3 (each team vetoes 2 maps).  Winner's finals, and if necessary the grand finals, will be best of 5 (each team vetoes 1 map).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Darn, still hoping for a 1v1 CE tournament to watch, but I guess FFA is a step in the right direction.

why no map striking / vetoes in winners bracket

Winner's bracket finals has map striking / vetoes.  But yeah I'm doing it like this for two reasons. 1- I want the tourney to go as fast as possible. 2- I want all seven maps to be played.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I’ll be arriving around 7pm tomorrow, and I’ll be casting the FFA starting at 9pm!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I watched some it was pretty good.  I was rooting for Teapot, but alas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I could cast a 3 day tournament the size of an MLG open. That was freaking blast. I really enjoyed calling @@Riddler (oh4)/Knighty vs Meg/DDS in WBR2 as well. It went to game 3 and was super entertaining, and I’m proud of my call on that one.

The FFA was a blast as well.

And casting with Knighty is something I’ve wanted to do for years, and it didn’t disappoint. He’s a great guy, and it was a thrill to cast this tournament with him.

Geez, what an awesome freakin LAN...

• Upvote (+1) 6

All the gameplay for the lan can be found here.

Big thanks to everyone that came out, those who casted, and also those who donated.  Can't wait til Beach LAN 7.

Thank you for uploading these.