Sign in to follow this  
thefro3po

Liberation

Liberation

(2v2 Team Slayer/Extraction)

Ferontgold_zps704d1ebc.jpg

Liberation is a 2v2 map I designed to be as simple and straight forward as possible.  I experimented with consistency of theme and piece usage and was happy with how it turned out.  It plays 2v2 Team Slayer and Extraction.

Weapons

2x Frags

2x Pulse

2x Plasmas

1x Sniper (Top Gold)

1x Overshield (Bottom Middle)

1x Light Rifle

1x Battle Rifle

1x Carbine

1x Needler

1x Plasma Pistol

1x Supressor

Pictures

rockramp2_zps8e610ff4.jpg

rivertobottommiddle_zps2dea13af.jpg

frontgold_zps687a3830.jpg

backgold_zpsc4814ab0.jpg

goldtorocks_zpsb8a8687c.jpg

frontpurple_zps8d8798a6.jpg

bottomcornerpurple_zps6793feb0.jpg

backpurple_zps35081731.jpg

bottommiddle_zps435ed3a9.jpg

rockoverview_zpsca066235.jpg

goldoverveiw_zps227659f4.jpg

purpleoverview_zpsdf5d16f3.jpg

overview_zpsc157fbda.jpg

Liberation

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the last pic, I see you have a couple of SaLoT Trees that I suggest you don't keep :P

I'll hopefully check it out later. The yellow structure isn't doing me justice at the moment. The map's layout looks solid though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the last pic, I see you have a couple of SaLoT Trees that I suggest you don't keep :P

I'll hopefully check it out later. The yellow structure isn't doing me justice at the moment. The map's layout looks solid though.

Do you mean the trees out in the water?  lol

I've thought about raising top gold (sniper spawn) but I needed another route up there.  :/ 

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to check it out.

Fro come back into my life. The testing lobby isn't the same without you. 

I'll grab this from your fileshare when I get on later. The lighting and rock usage is looking sexy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Checked it out last night, it has a really nice layout to it honestly, I am just not sure what to think about Yellow Base currently. It has the neat pathway going underneath it.. but I feel like it needs more in some way, like windows or a balcony of some type within the structure.

The Map definitely has potential if you keep tweaking and refining it, and I love the little creek and the lift you have coming out of it lol, it looks really good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks solid, should have decent gameplay for an asym. Great work on not making it room-based, I commend you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fro come back into my life. The testing lobby isn't the same without you. 

I'll grab this from your fileshare when I get on later. The lighting and rock usage is looking sexy.

I plan to jump on for testing at least one day during the weekends.  I been playing hardcore with my friends, but they're not big fans of testing maps.   Probably because of experiences like when you guys destroyed us the other day.  :P

Checked it out last night, it has a really nice layout to it honestly, I am just not sure what to think about Yellow Base currently. It has the neat pathway going underneath it.. but I feel like it needs more in some way, like windows or a balcony of some type within the structure.

The Map definitely has potential if you keep tweaking and refining it, and I love the little creek and the lift you have coming out of it lol, it looks really good.

Appreciate you checking it out Raine.  I tried to get the map to be as simple as possible.  Most of my previous maps have been excessive in one way or another, so I've been making 2v2 maps trying to find a style and get a streamlined forging process down.

Unfortunately working with those 3x3 shorts as I did can be a bit limiting, but they offer a smooth aesthetic value.  I'm open to suggestions on yellow, but I fear about over complicating anything.  Seeing how everything on the map is pretty simplistic... except maybe the rock area.  :)

Looks solid, should have decent gameplay for an asym. Great work on not making it room-based, I commend you.

Thanks Tyme!

I love forging asyms.  I feel like there is a certain level of freedom that comes with making them, even though they can a be a bit difficult to balance.

Interesting map

Thanks bud.