Sign in to follow this  
Teapot

Beach LAN 7 + Halo CE Tournament 8/18-8/25

Wait, the event money was stolen at one point?

Stolen and missing for 3 hours until McDick found it stashed under a rock outside in the back. That was after searching everything else for 3 hours. No one really knows what to think of it except someone stole it and wanted to keep playing Halo while being able to come back and get the money later in a hidden spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stolen and missing for 3 hours until McDick found it stashed under a rock outside in the back. That was after searching everything else for 3 hours. No one really knows what to think of it except someone stole it and wanted to keep playing Halo while being able to come back and get the money later in a hidden spot.

anyone have any idea? didnt puremoney leave early or something, that would up the suspicion. but i am not sure on that one

anyone have any idea? didnt puremoney leave early or something, that would up the suspicion. but i am not sure on that one

I don't think it's a good idea to randomly speculate. Someone leaving early isn't the greatest evidence.

Tbh the money should not just be sitting around. Cash it in the bank, send out etransfers for prizes. Avoids the problem altogether. It sucks that one asshole tried to do this though. Just gotta keep remembering that 95% of the attendees are awesome dudes.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think it's a good idea to randomly speculate. Someone leaving early isn't the greatest evidence.

Tbh the money should not just be sitting around. Cash it in the bank, send out etransfers for prizes. Avoids the problem altogether. It sucks that one asshole tried to do this though. Just gotta keep remembering that 95% of the attendees are awesome dudes.

yeah keeping that much in cash is not a good idea....though it would be nice to know. that kind of stuff can kill events and it stop this one as o4 said for like 3 hours. imagine if it was never found, shit would be fucking terrible.

i guess its less about knowing who did it for personal reasons and more about knowing who did it so this kind of thing wont happen again

It would definitely be best not to speculate. We CSI'd the shit out of the situation and really didn't come up with much. We were pretty sure it happened after the first winner's finals bracket. That's when we took the Beach LAN photo and switched the camera POV to the house. We were seeing who was in the pics who wasn't etc but despite narrowing down times there was just no way to really figure this out.

I mean yeah, with a name like Pure Money I'm sure that doesn't help with the speculation lol. From what I heard he simply just didn't attend the last day he was there, not book an early flight out. Plus he was gone and we found it so it definitely wasn't him. It sounds like the majority of people that go pay their lan fee in cash which I did not realize. That's why that money was lying around although it is not like it was just chilling on the counter.

Not sure what the future will bring with these LANs. If it becomes an invite-only type of thing I can't really blame anyone since that's exactly what I would do if that happened to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah i dont wanna witch hunt or anything that was an immature statement to make. Maybe make all lan fees paypal only? Could help stop people taking shit and being untraceable. Either way this was a great event. I want to attend one of these at some point. But being a broke college student doesnt help lol. Also @@Hard Way @@Knighty Knight great castingi always enjoy it. @@McDick thanks for putting this on too, the streams and presentation and attendance just get better and better

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks man. Yeah I think Paypal is the way to go. If it was invite only, I never would have had the chance to make it out there and contribute.

Guys, there's a simple solution to this.  Keep the money in McDick's pocket.  We don't need a safe, we don't need paypal.... let's not over complicate things.

You got a better chance at winning the lottery than getting that money out of his pocket.  Ask SOD~Nobody

Beach LAN 7 vids can be found here.

The audio wasn't quite where i wanted it to be this year.  The commentator mic wasn't fully synced with the station mics so there's a bit of an echo when anyone is commentating.  I frankly ran out of time between work, nhe v1.0 testing, tourney scheduling stuff, etc. and wasn't able to do all of the audio tweaking that needed to be done.  If all goes to plan, next year the audio should be much better. :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

The audio wasn't quite where i wanted it to be this year.  The commentator mic wasn't fully synced with the station mics so there's a bit of an echo when anyone is commentating.  I frankly ran out of time between work, nhe v1.0 testing, tourney scheduling stuff, etc. and wasn't able to do all of the audio tweaking that needed to be done.  If all goes to plan, next year the audio should be much better. :)

wtf that was fast. you did a good job at the event dman

Still a great production, dude. It's amazing we can even see H1 broadcast in this way. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still a great production, dude. It's amazing we can even see H1 broadcast in this way. 

Just wait till the next one... don't want to jump the gun too much, but OG Xbox enthusiast devs have told us they are going to be able to decrypt game data soon, and you'll be able to read it if you're running NHE on xqemu as a stripped down host.... which means we can get player co-ordinate data real time, accuracy stats and all kinds of shit apparently. Very exciting stuff on the emulation front lately.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just wait till the next one... don't want to jump the gun too much, but OG Xbox enthusiast devs have told us they are going to be able to decrypt game data soon, and you'll be able to read it if you're running NHE on xqemu as a stripped down host.... which means we can get player co-ordinate data real time, accuracy stats and all kinds of shit apparently. Very exciting stuff on the emulation front lately.

tenor.gif

The stolen money was a sad situation. However, we can’t let a single bad actor ruin this thing. So many people contribute in so many ways, and that must be our focus. BL will remain open to new players and we will continue our efforts to grow the community. Going forward, I plan to dedicate a room as a safe room with a camera, etc. Also, I won’t be accepting cash.

As others have said, we shouldn’t speculate over the thief’s identity. Since his name was thrown out, I will say that it was clearly not Puremoney since he’d already departed before the money went missing. Frankly, I believe I know who it was but do not have enough evidence to say definitively. Let’s refrain from naming other suspects.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Devilman is a beast for already processing the BL gameplays. He even includes the player stats!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was any 4v4 played at this LAN? Really enjoying the 4v4 playlist atm.

dont think there has ever been a 4v4 at beachlan. Only at smaller lans

dont think there has ever been a 4v4 at beachlan. Only at smaller lans

I'm sure I saw some played at the last one. Maybe it was a different lan.

I'm sure I saw some played at the last one. Maybe it was a different lan.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Derelict FFAs for the tournament? Those are played four players on each screen.

Otherwise the Virginia LAN was the last big LAN that was streamed and they played 4v4 there. Here's a partial VOD, not sure if there's more stored away somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been pushing in the Beach LAN feedback survey for a 4v4 "All Stars" series with rosters voted on by the community. I'm trying <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Derelict FFAs for the tournament? Those are played four players on each screen.

Otherwise the Virginia LAN was the last big LAN that was streamed and they played 4v4 there. Here's a partial VOD, not sure if there's more stored away somewhere.

Ah, it must have been the Virginia LAN. In fact, I'm sure it was that. They were playing oddball on downrush. Some chick was playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There should be other 4's games from previous VA LANs as well. I don't even remember playing in these.

I'm too lazy to look and I can't even remember if it was this year or the last year for VA Beach LAN, but someone should find the 4v4s that DDS played in. I vividly remember them playing Chilly Oddball. He was rotating with the ball and screen watching like crazy so they zoomed in on his POV and you can see his eyes just spinning in circles trying to take in everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There should be other 4's games from previous VA LANs as well. I don't even remember playing in these.

I'm too lazy to look and I can't even remember if it was this year or the last year for VA Beach LAN, but someone should find the 4v4s that DDS played in. I vividly remember them playing Chilly Oddball. He was rotating with the ball and screen watching like crazy so they zoomed in on his POV and you can see his eyes just spinning in circles trying to take in everything.

https://youtu.be/Yo80kwhjc8w?list=PLAEBTHUfqV8bEmgco29W6DPpomCs54uYM&t=866

• Upvote (+1) 2