Sign in to follow this  
Teapot

Beach LAN 7 + Halo CE Tournament 8/18-8/25

Always exciting to see an upset. Jowns probably has the most ce played out of anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’d like to see gameplay with no spread?

Of Halo 1? I believe they were using the no spread NHE version so if you watched any of that you saw some.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You mean to tell me the magnum had no spread and it still took well above 3 shots to kill on average and the shooting skill gap between good and great was still large? I’m shocked!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hard way is so talented, he brings a real chill vibe and has so much knowledge it’s pretfy damn impressive. Knightyknight does pretty damn well with him also.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hard way is so talented, he brings a real chill vibe and has so much knowledge it’s pretfy damn impressive. Knightyknight does pretty damn well with him also.

Thanks. We have two tournaments under our belt casting together so it's safe to say he is the duo!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spread on the ce pistol was very small to begin with. Nowhere near halo3. No spread only makes a difference on hangem and derelict long range battles.

Tho the pistol still has bloom. If u press rt before .3 seconds youll get a less accurate shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

<3. Thanks man. I love doing this stuff, and I’m glad to hear people enjoy it. Casting with Knighty is a total thrill, and it gives me a chance to learn how to cast with someone else. I’ve been grateful for the chances.

• Upvote (+1) 6

<3. Thanks man. I love doing this stuff, and I’m glad to hear people enjoy it. Casting with Knighty is a total thrill, and it gives me a chance to learn how to cast with someone else. I’ve been grateful for the chances.

How does it feel knowing you were casting the biggest annual Halo 1 event on the official Halo stream? :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spread on the ce pistol was very small to begin with. Nowhere near halo3. No spread only makes a difference on hangem and derelict long range battles.

Tho the pistol still has bloom. If u press rt before .3 seconds youll get a less accurate shot.

I thought you only got bloom if you hold the trigger? If you tap the trigger there's no bloom whatsoever AFAIK. Even if you tap as fast as possible.

I was impressed with the casting, great job. Wish there was a UK LAN scene for CE.

be thr change you want to see. Moa, matclan, and batchford live in the uk. I know more people do as cali would play xbc with them (he lives in norway). Cali is in the discord in my sig, you could ask him.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How does it feel knowing you were casting the biggest annual Halo 1 event on the official Halo stream? :)

When you put it that way..

FeelsGoodMan

• Upvote (+1) 2

be thr change you want to see. Moa, matclan, and batchford live in the uk. I know more people do as cali would play xbc with them (he lives in norway). Cali is in the discord in my sig, you could ask him.

lol, good advice, but I'm not an organiser my man. It's on someone else.

Edit: This was streamed on the official Halo channel? How many views did it pull in?

lol, good advice, but I'm not an organiser my man. It's on someone else.

Edit: This was streamed on the official Halo channel? How many views did it pull in?

Almost 300 concurrent viewers. It was only advertised on Twitter I think so not bad.

I think if the official Halo Twitter and Facebook really advertised it in advance we could have got a lot more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty damn good, man. Pretty damn good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Beach LAN is arguably the week where I am awake the most throughout the entire year yet it goes by faster than any other week. Every year I'm not sure if I want to take a full week off or not or just go for a few days. I'm so glad I go for a full week each time.

It's always great to see things like this grow. I would love to play CE when I'm 50 if these hands can keep up and stuff like this helps make that a possibility. While it's not my event I'm still proud to see what it has become. There are a ton of people to thank for making it happen as well as the people who support this event. @@McDick event is more hospitable than a lot of other parties and events I've attended. @@Devilman is a fucking stream, tournament organizer, and thermal paste replacing wizard. The tournament was one of the best ran ones I've competed in including local events. All the times, rules, stations, info etc was readily available throughout every portion of the LAN. The tournament can be taxing on the actual players but this also was a massive improvement for our viewers to have an actual schedule they can follow. The stream continues to improve in ways I didn't even know was possible. He can isolate a single player on the webcam/screen/mic even during FFA. @@Hard Way and @@Knighty Knight provide a commentary that adds a level of professionalism that we wouldn't get otherwise.

Also a massive thanks to @@Unyshek @@Tashi and @@GrimBrother One for their support through tweeting/re-tweeting the event, (both from personal accounts and the official Halo/HCS twitters) writing articles, and of course hosting us on the official Halo twitch. I'm not the best when it comes to twitch numbers and stuff but those 300+ concurrent viewers for the finals was double of what we got for our last finals. Same goes throughout the week with us averaging around double our viewers at any given moment. Definitely, want to thank @@OGRE2 for hosting us as well. Gazzo and I have been able to find locals or older players interested in LANing thanks to these events and streams. 

I didn't provide many live updates this year but a lot of the information and stuff was compiled on spreadsheets by Devilman. I'm sure he'll post some stuff when he can. There is nothing quite like flying back into Newark, New Jersey to let you know that your vacation is officially over.

• Upvote (+1) 8