Sign in to follow this  
GrimBrother One

Give me your top storylines to watch heading into the HaloWC Finals!

Can an EU team break top 6 and can Tox win it 3 times in a row are the two biggest things that Im looking out for.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really like the NV/Reciprocity storyline. Pistola, a veteran in Halo who teamed with Snipedown, Mikwen, and Huke previously has parted ways and is now with three younger players.

Mikwen and Snipedown have also been around the scene for a long time, they split off from nV to join a new organization and play with Penguin and Spartan. Mikwen and Ola used to be a solid duo, they failed to qualify for worlds 2016 but managed to climb through the ranks and at their peak they took an event from Tox. Now the duo has split and Mikwen/Snipedown is the new duo.

While we don't know exact details of what happened, they both ended up on top four teams, but most people would agree they secure 3/4. How will that look coming into this event as they obviously want to outplace each other, but obviously they're looking at being in the grand finals. Ola, Mikwen, and Snipedown placed second together last year, how will the split and new rise of Splyce effect them this year.

Edit: I forgot that Spartan didn't make it last year. Trying to prove himself at worlds this year is interesting. As well as two of Penguin's old teammates, who all placed third last year, are now on the number one team. So you know he's aiming to take them down.

All of this while also on a new organization! I swear you could do a ton around Team Rec alone... Maybe I'm just biased for my favorite team though, go Rec.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I love this thread idea, especially considering the scope of storylines we've seen throughout all of Halo 5. We've got some smart Halo historians on here so I hope everyone tosses in their thoughts because there are probably so many stories that have been lost to time.

For this World Championship, my eyes are set on Ryanoob. The man is one of the most intelligent Halo players, especially in terms of objective gameplay and game knowledge. In 2016, he got gipped out of a Worlds spot when Winterfox fell apart right before the final deadline for rosters. He's missed out on both World Championships so far and I'm so excited to see how much damage he can do now that he's finally on the big stage.

In terms of worldwide competition, I always cheer for the EU guys and other regions, and I really expected Infuse to do well, but Pool C is just brutal. For this year's storyline, Infused has that previous Top 6 placing for EU bragging rights, but they are going to have to fight to death against Mystro/Oxygen/Rec. With rumors of bad team chemistry/turmoil, I'm fearful for the international presence at Halo 5's final championship.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I love this thread idea, especially considering the scope of storylines we've seen throughout all of Halo 5. We've got some smart Halo historians on here so I hope everyone tosses in their thoughts because there are probably so many stories that have been lost to time.

For this World Championship, my eyes are set on Ryanoob. The man is one of the most intelligent Halo players, especially in terms of objective gameplay and game knowledge. In 2016, he got gipped out of a Worlds spot when Winterfox fell apart right before the final deadline for rosters. He's missed out on both World Championships so far and I'm so excited to see how much damage he can do now that he's finally on the big stage.

In terms of worldwide competition, I always cheer for the EU guys and other regions, and I really expected Infuse to do well, but Pool C is just brutal. For this year's storyline, Infused has that previous Top 6 placing for EU bragging rights, but they are going to have to fight to death against Mystro/Oxygen/Rec. With rumors of bad team chemistry/turmoil, I'm fearful for the international presence at Halo 5's final championship.

Good idea for Ryanoob, I'm glad to see him make worlds, incredibly underrated player.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely TOX attempting to go for their 3rd Halo World Championship win after losing to splyce at the past two events.

Even splyce winning is huge with such young guns on the team. The story of shotzzy is honestly incredible to me. Being not able to compete because of his age to winning 3 events with a strong chance of winning a world championship.

I think a lot of eyes are on Infused to see if they can make it out of groups. It’s going to be very tough but with them scrimming NA teams I hope we can see them thrive like we did in Denver to secure top 6 or higher.

I really want to see Reciprocity make some noise as well as Renegades. They’ve had some close scrims against top NA teams.

I personally just hope to see some upsets and close matches.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Renegades - this is a fan favorite team given the veterans on the team. Also Lunchbox's first season without Roy. He hasn't been able to succeed in Halo outside of the first few months and EG disappointed its fans for the majority of Halo 5 over and over. However, this team has a different energy than all of the EG lineups, they do well in scrims and at tournaments look like the clear 5th best team. It's kind of an elephant in the room, but we all know Lunchbox is going to retire very soon if not right after Worlds. Whether he performs well here will determine whether he keeps playing and for how long. With how incredible Neptune is, all it takes is some consistency from the rest of the team for RNG to break into the top 4 and cap off Lunchbox's legendary career the way it deserves. Roy never got that opportunity unfortunately and it would be awesome to see his brother do it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can Tox 3-peat?

Will Splyce's lack of 4v4 practice come back to bite them or have they found a better practice regimen?

Will the EU bootcamping in NA allow them to play faster, or will it just serve to get NA teams used to their playstyle?

How does @@LethuL feel about losing the ESPNesports64 bracket this year to Ninja after coming in as a 1 seed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would love to see some time dedicated to Demon D and Gilky. Two old timers who have re-dedicated themselves to the grind trying to show they can still hang with the new breed. Honestly I would love to see a full video package of their journey from their time in H3 where Demon D was a national champion through Reach and H4 where the scene died down quite a bit and their re-emergence as high level players making waves once again.

• Upvote (+1) 9

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think there's some good storylines possible with Wise Gaming and Oxygen Supremacy. Both teams have been underdogs the entire way, and both of them carry a bunch of Halo 3 vets that are still pushing the top 8 in Halo 5.

Also, the EU bootcamping angle is going to be exciting to see going into Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the topic of Tox's potential 3-peat, Splyce is also looking for their third straight tournament win (Orlando, Columbus and now Seattle). If they face off in the finals, it will be a battle for the 3-peat.  :intensifies: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I’m wondering who will be the next player that serves as a personality for the game. We had walshy and t2 back in the day and obviously Ninja more recently.

Seems like maybe shotzy or saiyan??? Would be nice to get to see more of their personalities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a little odd, but I’d like to know more about the orgs too. Splyce is a relatively new org with a lot of other games/players in esports, but I know nothing about most of the orgs outside of Halo. I also think stuff like that might attract more orgs in the future

Can you do any spotlights on the EU guys with them coming to town early?

Or have a look into what they are doing this week to prepare?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd also like to know more about the players. Who has part-time or full-time jobs along with Halo? Who is going to college and for what?