Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Joining progress has been removed?

So today, I played some nice Throwdown with my brother and my friends and I see that we get into a match that is already halfway done on Onyx TS, we obviously get destroyed since its 3v4 and game was 10-40 when we joined.

So we search again and the same thing happens, only on a different map and players, didn't 343 say there is no joining in started matches on throwdown?

It is meant to be enabled for a short time at the beginning of a match.

Saw that I had wrote the title all wrong, it should be ''Joining Progress added to Throwdown'' lol

Brainfarted a lil' bit on the title...

That's dumb since the other team gets so much more advantage of them staying in the match (power weapons, Over Shields etc.)

OT, but I like your Username and avatar haha. It's awesome!

My understanding was that people could join in progress up until a certain kill/score is reached in the game and then the window is closed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they have genuinely tried to make it better but it's still awful - even more awful now there's a ranking system (of sorts).

I have, genuinely, joined games about half way through, done pretty well, but then gone down due to me obviously not having as many kills as others...because I joined part of the way through.

Ranking system or not, it's awful anyway. It works in CoD because CoD is just a crazy casual game in matchmaking and you literally cannot tell when people join and leave. Having said that, JIP even annoys me in CoD. I'm sure it would be much better if there were quitting penalties and there was no JIP - so many people play it that JIP just isn't necessary. But it just shows what a casual attitude CoD has with regards to it's general matchmaking and I find it pathetic that 343i tried to mimic it.

That's dumb since the other team gets so much more advantage of them staying in the match (power weapons, Over Shields etc.)

Yup, but people were complaining about team mates quitting before the game even started. It's a lose lose situation really :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tends to be the bad thing about having the 3 Hopper choices to be voted on, instead of a Veto system like Halo 3, or a system that picks 1 gametype/1 map and forces you into the game immediately. If it was set up similar, it would force you to have to quit when in-game or dashboard, both being counted as quitting and thus possibly a Halo 4 ban or matchmaking time out.