Sign in to follow this  
Pono

Pono's Guide to Seattle for the HWC

I'm going to be in Seattle March 15-19 (going to visit a friend and she couldn't get HWC week off work RIP me). I was once in Portland and ate at a place called Voodoo Doughnuts. There wouldn't happen to be one in Seattle, would there?

Also, what's the menu at Biscuit Bitch like?

I'm going to be in Seattle March 15-19 (going to visit a friend and she couldn't get HWC week off work RIP me). I was once in Portland and ate at a place called Voodoo Doughnuts. There wouldn't happen to be one in Seattle, would there?

Also, what's the menu at Biscuit Bitch like?

No Voodoo here (it's overrated anyhow, Blue Star >>>). If you're looking for a dope doughnut spot, go to General Porpoise or Mighty-O. Another spot is Top Pot (though more of a chain). General Porpoise only makes doughnuts in the morning, so get there early to grab the best doughnuts!

Biscuit Bitch Menu

General Porpoise

Mighty-O

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Voodoo here (it's overrated anyhow, Blue Star >>>).

As someone who lives in Portland, thank you for saying this.

I only went to Seattle once years ago but i agree about the Pike Place market and the space needle.  One is cool, the other is overrated.  The coolest part about the space needle is looking at the building from the outside.

Im seriously saving this in my bookmarks for any travel i might do to seattle

For craft beer fans, some must visits:

Holy Mountain

Reuben's Brews

Cloudburst

Lots of other great places, but those are all top tier. Also a big fan of Machine House for a unique experience (all traditional English cask beer).

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a pretty fantastic guide. Might only add MOD Pizza to your list of great places to grab a bit - super yum for cheap. 

I visited Seattle a couple months back and MOD Pizza was fantastic. Great crust, great toppings. There was a breakfast place downtown too, I think it was called "Bacco Breakfast" that was pretty awesome too.

I also enjoyed Top-Pot Donuts, although largely because they had an AMEX promotion for a free doughnut and coffee every day as long as you showed your card. Pretty sweet little perk.

Not planning on going to the tournament. But after reading this, I want to visit Seattle! Very nice, thanks...

Highly recommend Tat’s Delicatessen in Seattle. Best sandwiches in the city IMO. Only a couple blocks away from Century Link.

And you can never go wrong with Teriyaki while you’re here. Not sure many other city’s have anything like it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If anyone has last second questions, feel free to dump them here! I have some spare time today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone has last second questions, feel free to dump them here! I have some spare time today.

No question, but my friends and I just got back from Pike Place Market and had a great time, thanks for putting the guide together!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I asked in the main thread, but got any insider knowledge on parking? I might just be a hoodlum and go to Trader Joe's or something. 

Any ideas appreciated!

I asked in the main thread, but got any insider knowledge on parking? I might just be a hoodlum and go to Trader Joe's or something.

Any ideas appreciated!

Found street parking like 5 blocks away. That's a win for me!