Sign in to follow this  
Devilman

VA Winter LAN 2018 + Halo CE Tournament: January 11th - 15th

I'm upset I can't make it. I was supposed to get off work but couldn't. Gazzo and I have been practicing a lot lately too and this was going to be the perfect test. I look forward to watching as much as I can though. The set up is unreal and we get to hear Hard Ways silky smooth voice.

@@Devilman already linked his youtube but make sure to subscribe to it. Hopefully more LAN hosts transition into recording/streaming but he has some of the highest quality videos and uploads them very quickly. As you can see there are over 100 1 hour series on there. 

Here is a link to last LAN's thread. It's got some pictures, attendees and tournament results. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/15419-va-beach-lan-2017-halo-ce-tournament-may-25th-29th/?hl=beach

It turns out I have two shitty drunk phone recordings of those 4v4's that I never uploaded. They're pretty bad though.

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@Teapot ya I'm bummed you can't make it but you'll be in for a treat as Hurley has created an incredible stream overlay for your viewing pleasure.  After this lan we plan on creating an overlay template that any interested lan hosts can use to set up their streams more easily.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We got any teams confirmed?

I would assume some of the teams will be the same as MDW.

Meg + Devilman

Walker + Unit

Stunt Man + Hurley

Missingno + ixq1k

Wrong bone guy.  I'm teaming with Mudbone this go 'round.  Bsaw won't be there.

Missingno & ixq1k is the only team that I know of besides my own.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wrong bone guy.  I'm teaming with Mudbone this go 'round.  Bsaw won't be there.

Missingno & ixq1k is the only team that I know of besides my own.

I wasn't sure how Jownz, Patch and Prime would split up, but I'm guessing Meg and Prime? Jownz and Patch?

I still can't believe that game 3 in your winners bracket final for MDW against BRB. Pretty sure it was 49/49 on Priz and meg spawns you in front of office with BRB in there. BRB goes to 3 you but you chuck a nade at his feet and pick him off first with no shields and 1 red bar. Unreal.

That wasn't on stream though right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

brb threw the nade. I ran passed it and tsk'd him. It was an intense match but no unfortunately it wasn't on stream.

That nade definitely hit you though. My heart rate jumped up watching it as if I was playing.

Go rattle the tent and wake those fools up! It's time to stream! There were some small audio issues yesterday that I texted hard way about but couldn't check to see if it was fixed or not.

Keep me updated with whatever and I'll try to update it here or promote it a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First post!

Some teams:

I’m teaming with DDS. i believe Prime and Gazzo are teaming. Jowns is teaming with Wraith as Patch is MIA. Dman/Mudbone. Kush/Cujjer

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which time zone is it?

It's already started. About to show the second match on stream. Not sure how many games are going on off stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

PS: Good job on the FFA last night. Being able to switch to specific players, and specific groups of players was sweet. Watching the top four in the match, or top two when it was close at the end was a nice touch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gazzo + Prime vs Kush and Cujjer was the most heartbreaking series of the tournament. My heart was racing just watching those games and will definitely be posting them here when they're uploaded.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gazzo + Prime vs Kush and Cujjer was the most heartbreaking series of the tournament. My heart was racing just watching those games and will definitely be posting them here when they're uploaded.

That might have been the series I was talking about with you. I remember that one being really good.

The videos for this lan are uploaded here.

The audio for the first half of the lan was a little screwed up (so be careful headphone viewers).  I added some webcams this lan and learned that all usb devices share the same bandwidth which happened to screw up the volume levels of my mics.  As a result, my compressors were at the wrong settings which caused mic static and clipping.  This should be fixed next lan :/

enjoy

• Upvote (+1) 7