Sign in to follow this  
Lateksi

Halo PC 2v2 video

Love it!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful. What's the name of that second song?  And what is the name of the second map?  The purple one?  I love that map so much. 

What's the name of that second song?  And what is the name of the second map?

Hey, the song is Retreat! Retreat! by 65daysofstatic and the purple map is called Decidia :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

That. Was. Awesome.

I recognize all the maps from 1.5 and NHE, but there were a few in there that I didn't know. What was the Wizard-skinned map that you guys were playing with training mode on? And the grassy outdoor, wide open map? And the Dammy-skinned one with the portal? Are any of those available to download to play on Xbox?

Also, the notifications on when your teammate is respawning and what powerups he grabs would be a godsend in MCC. It makes playing full screen so much more bearable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure some of the maps. I can't tell if you are talking about decida regarding the damny looking map but I did see a clip of Hirsute's Stirfry which definitely has damny elements as well as an outside are that is cool. I've never seen that outdoor map though.

I've also never seen someone get above the camo on Downrush like he did. Cool stuff

Nah bud I know Decidia quite well. I adore that map. No it was weird, it looked like he was bottom green on Dammy, but the lighting was red, and there was a portal where the side of the ramp would be.

And yeah that Downrush spot was baller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just wish there was a way to play CE online that wasn't so obviously flawed. Its super fun to play these maps until you realize bullets just don't really work the right way most of the time

Nah bud I know Decidia quite well. I adore that map. No it was weird, it looked like he was bottom green on Dammy, but the lighting was red, and there was a portal where the side of the ramp would be.

And yeah that Downrush spot was baller.

I'm about to LAN soon and def gonna be trying out that spot. My guess is Stirfry. I'm on my phone so I can't really find anything now but I'm sure that's it. It's pretty new.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hope you enjoy

Awesome montage Lat. You ended up killing stunt_man and Hurley a lot in this montage LMAO.

What was the Wizard-skinned map that you guys were playing with training mode on?

The map is called crossguard, it was made by DSalimander. As far I'm aware the map wasn't ported to the original Xbox.

And the Dammy-skinned one with the portal? Are any of those available to download to play on Xbox?

The map is called Overflow, it was made by Hasuku and il Duce Primo. Overflow was ported over to Halo 1 NHEv7. I will send you a link to it.

My guess is Stirfry. I'm on my phone so I can't really find anything now but I'm sure that's it. It's pretty new. 

The map isn't Stirfy it's Overflow. Both Overflow and Stirfry were ported over to Halo 1 NHEv7. As far as I'm aware Overflow is completely finished but Stirfry is still being worked on. hirsute wants some feedback on Stirfry. I will send both you and Hard Way links to Overflow and Stirfry for Halo 1 NHEv7.

Also, the notifications on when your teammate is respawning and what powerups he grabs would be a godsend in MCC. It makes playing full screen so much more bearable.

Yeah the notifications on when your teammate is respawning and what items your teammate grabs are very helpful. I personally find playing Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man's GMYF test servers with chimera and a controller to be a lot more tolerable than playing MCC. I stopped playing MCC a couple of months ago and now all I play is Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man's GMYF public/test servers and Halo 1 NHEv7 on XLAN.

Here's a link to Halo 1 Hub discord if you're interested in trying out stunt_man's GMYF test servers. To be able to play on GMYF test servers you need to ask stunt_man for the map testers role.

I just wish there was a way to play CE online that wasn't so obviously flawed. Its super fun to play these maps until you realize bullets just don't really work the right way most of the time

Yeah unfortunately there's no ideal way to play Halo 1 online. Probably the most tolerable online experience you can get for Halo 1 is playing Halo 1 NHEv7/vanilla Halo 1 through XLAN/Xlink Kai against people that live close to you. Playing Halo 1 through XLAN/Xlink Kai has some drawbacks to it such as host advantage and not being able to see when your teammate kills an opponent or dies unless you're playing split screen. While I personally find playing Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man's GMYF test servers with chimera and a controller to be more tolerable than playing Halo 1 on MCC I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Halo PC doesn't have any issues.

And the grassy outdoor, wide open map?

It's a map made by il Duce Primo called wizz. il Duce Primo said that it doesnt play too well as a 2v2 map so it went nowhere. I haven't played the map because it's not on GMYF public/test servers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This was so good. Thanks for posting. Is there any way of getting into this still? Wouldn't mind playing H1 on PC as it is probably a lot better than MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was so good. Thanks for posting. Is there any way of getting into this still? Wouldn't mind playing H1 on PC as it is probably a lot better than MCC.

Yeah join the Halo 1 Hub discord and ask @@stunt_man for the map testers role. Once you have the map testers role you will be able to acess the maps that are on the GMYF test servers and the chimera build that is compatible with the GMYF test servers. Here's an invite link to the Halo 1 Hub discord.If you don't want to play on the GMYF test servers then you can play on the GMYF public servers. The GMYF public servers are not as good as the GMYF test servers because they don't have chimera on them and they don't have the most up to date maps. chimera fixes the movement on Halo PC.

Update (June 2017): 002 has successfully resolved both the directional limitations and the walk/run speed limitation (analog movement) with the release of his client/server mod Chimera (~build 23). The game's movement netcode was rewritten to accommodate this feature. New functionality includes full 360-degree directional movement & full range of walk/run speed. Controller movement is now on-par with the original Xbox version.

NOTE: this fix requires both the client & server to be running the Chimera mod.

@@stunt_man plans on putting chimera on the GMYF public servers once chimera is completely finished.

You can use any type of controller you want but you might need to download Xpadder to fix a couple of issues. Xbox One controller, Xbox 360 controller, OG Xbox S type controller, OG Xbox Duke controller, it doesn't matter. If you plan on using an OG Xbox S type controller or an OG Xbox Duke controller then you're going to need an Xbox Controller to PC USB Adapter Cable and XBCD drivers. Here's a couple of links to everything you need to setup your controller for Halo PC.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Damn those clips were sick. A good variety too. I need to start playing PC again since I haven't played on that map that uses the Timberland palette, and I want to try out the Bloodrun remake (Atlas, I think?).