Ciutchism

CTF Maps (In AGL)

Do you want Adrift CTF or Dispatch CTF? Onyx CTF or Simplex CTF?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Adrift CTF or Dispatch CTF?

2. 2. Do you want Onyx CTF or Simplex CTF?

Right now we have:

Simplex CTF

Skyline CTF

Dispatch CTF

Adrift CTF

Future obvious options are below:

Onyx CTF

Pitfall CTF

It is my understanding that Pitfall CTF will replace Adrift CTF, and Onyx CTF will replace Simplex CTF. It is most peoples opinion that Dispatch CTF has run it's course and should be dropped, but most also agree that Adrift is the worst map to ever be in the competitive scene for so long. I have two questions for you.

1. Which do you want to keep? Adrift CTF or Dispatch CTF?

2. Which do you want more? Onyx CTF or Simplex CTF?

My opinion:

Adrift is a bad map and should be dropped. I think that Simplex CTF should be dropped for Onyx CTF. My final thoughts are that an assault gametype should be made from grifball or ricochet and should replace Dispatch CTF. What are your thoughts?

https://twitter.com/CIutchism/status/360196670421614592

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I am one of the few people that actually enjoys Adrift CTF...I just feel it brings something different to the plate. Everything else seems to be very similar/stale gameplay, whereas Adrfit requires you to do much more to earn your flag caps.

And what Doju said...please no more Pit. Sick and tired of that map, it has been beaten to death

Why would you want the flag to have to be home on maps like Pit, Adrift, or Sanctuary? The standoffs would be crazy.

But, I cannot vote considering that i have never played Onyx flag.

With the current settings, I have to vote for Adrift because its unlike any Halo CTF map before it and it created some really intense and close games in the last AGL, but I really wouldn't mind if Pit replaced it if it came down to it, Dispatch I feel is the worst among the three however an unpopular opinion that may be(especially among Ambush fans  :kappa: )

I have to vote for the Pit because despite it being "over-used" we all know how much that shit was voted for in Reach play-list and the memorable games it can create. I cant bet against its popularity among Halo players and despite it being old its "new" for this game, Its also the best map for no sprint if that ever happens.

Between Simplex and Onyx I voted Onyx simply because I feel it fills the "Mid-ship role"(quite literally being the better Mid-ship inspired map of the 2) in being the fast-paced CTF map among a map pool that lacks those Mid-ship/Warlock/Onslaught CTF maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Onyx yes. Pit no, we've had that gametype for 5 years

if we can´t do the top objective - green jump in infinity ctf , pit will play completely different.

if we can´t do the top objective - green jump in infinity ctf , pit will play completely different.

lol

So you guys prefer to not have one of the best maps ever made in any halo? Pit is easily one of the best maps to ever be on the halo scene, its up there with midship and lockout. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't care if we've seen Pit before. It will play differently with the changes that were made to the map, and the changes in Halo 4s mechanics. It's also most likely going to be one of the better non-forge maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't care if we've seen Pit before. It will play differently with the changes that were made to the map

And if we just revert it back to norm?

So you guys prefer to not have one of the best maps ever made in any halo? Pit is easily one of the best maps to ever be on the halo scene, its up there with midship and lockout. 

Sanc CTF> but yeah I agree Pit is up there.

Shouldnt we just use Sanc then?

Sanc was a great map, Midship, Lockout, Sanc, Pit, Guardian are some of my faves

So you think Pit is "played out" but sanc isn't?

But sanc is one of the classic maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And if we just revert it back to norm?

I hope we don't, unless of course its bad for gameplay. I can't imagine that's the case though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shouldnt we just use Sanc then?

I honestly dont know why we haven't lol, but the one advantage Pit has its not a Forge map and I am sure that Pit plays better with sprint than Sanc does.

And Pit isn't a classic? 

My point was, being classic is not an excuse for a comp playlist. The playlist should be about having the highest skill gap possible, and on the Pit this wont happen due to the meta game on it being as dead as fuck.

If we are talking about it as a map, it only plays CTF "ok", has a massive LOS blocker, leading to very linear play due to the lack of movement options.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly dont know why we haven't lol, but the one advantage Pit has its not a Forge map and I am sure that Pit plays better with sprint than Sanc does.

Well we got midship, APK has a good sanc, got Pit. Theres a Beaver Creek remake out too.

My point was, being classic is not an excuse for a comp playlist. The playlist should be about having the highest skill gap possible, and on the Pit this wont happen due to the meta game on it being as dead as fuck.

If we are talking about it as a map, it only plays CTF "ok", has a massive LOS blocker, leading to very linear play due to the lack of movement options.

When I said classic I meant competitive classic, there are other classics too like gemini and elongation, but you dont see me shouting those out for competitive settings? Pit is a great map and played well in h3, but the h4 sniper is so powerful without descope that it may be bad for gameplay, idk yet

When I said classic I meant competitive classic, there are other classics too like gemini and elongation, but you dont see me shouting those out for competitive settings? Pit is a great map and played well in h3, but the h4 sniper is so powerful without descope that it may be bad for gameplay, idk yet

Thats my main issue, we played it in 3, we played it in Reach. Time to move on, or at least use it for hill/ext

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gemini is a classic?

I agree with Doju, to the point to where we keep bringing back old maps. Sure they were great, but yes by the end of H3 I was so sick of Pit because I am always playing on it. We need some variety on our maps, one main reason I want to keep Adrift.

If we're doing remakes, give me Dammy with a non-shitty weapon layout.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This isn't fair! I want to vote for Onyx, but I don't want to vote for either Adrift or Dispatch because they are both complete garbage.