Sign in to follow this  
pharmassists

Fortnite Discussion

LMAO. Salty much. The boogie bomb literally takes control away from someone and leaves them defenseless. You have no way of playing around that outside of just assuming that every player on the map has one and keeping your distance. It's ridiculous and poorly designed.

The jump pads are the most powerful piece of equipment in the game, especially late game when there's only a few players left in the match. You move too fast when gliding to be reasonably shot as well so it's hardly a risk.

And again, I know the purpose of populating the map more, I'm just listing the downsides to expanding it. There is such thing as too many points of interest.

Boogy Bomb is by far the worst thing in this game and jump pad has very good use late game.

If you cut the map in half they have pretty much equal drop zones. The right is just a little more spread out. I think the more important thing though is loot. Not every new zone is really a good drop zone. In my experience something like shifty shafts isn’t really great for loot even in solo. Low chests, lots of gray/green weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

They actually left my one of my favorite location out of any of the circles (might be on the edge of the blue).

Right outside of retail row to the south west there is two random houses. Always have 2 chests, then you proceed west to a dilapidated house that usually also spawns a chest, then proceed south hitting two more dilapidated houses that usually spawn chests. Its a decent area that not a lot of people drop in that you'll usually end up with at least one or two decent weapons and shields.

Its nice for when you don't want to drop in a hot zone and fight your way out. Its nice because of the placement and where the bus goes you can actually get the jump on some people coming out of retail row, salty springs, prison, or fatal fields depending the direction you want/need to go.

Not really ideal for squads though, just duo and solo.

snip

Lonely Lodge is seriously the most underrated landing spot on the map. I go there all the time, and at max I usually have to fight 1-2 people before I have the place all to myself. A possibility of 12 chests with a few more a short distance away, a ton of wood and stone, and it's easily looted once you have the route and priority spots down. I almost always leave Lonely Lodge with a decent AR, decent shotty, 100/100, spare shields and health, and a ton of materials. Not to mention by the time you're done looting you can usually head to retail and catch people rotating. 

Lonely Lodge is seriously the most underrated landing spot on the map. I go there all the time, and at max I usually have to fight 1-2 people before I have the place all to myself. A possibility of 12 chests with a few more a short distance away, a ton of wood and stone, and it's easily looted once you have the route and priority spots down. I almost always leave Lonely Lodge with a decent AR, decent shotty, 100/100, spare shields and health, and a ton of materials. Not to mention by the time you're done looting you can usually head to retail and catch people rotating.

Nah man. The motel they added is the best, it's not marked on the map so no one ever goes there and can usually get 5ish chests. Then rotate to anarchy acres.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/shooting-test-1

Hey everyone,

I wanted to take some time to talk about the upcoming limited time mode Shooting Test #1.

Late last year we outlined some of our goals with Battle Royale’s combat and weapon accuracy (you can read that blog post here). Back then, we stated two goals for our combat:

Goal #1 – Pistol sniping at long range should not be possible.

Goal #2 – Our weapons should have characteristics that encourage a wide range of engagements based on: distance to target, target type, ammo availability, etc.

One of our favorite things about Fortnite Battle Royale is choosing how to engage another player - whether that’s building cover and closing the gap, dropping from above, sneaking around, or just going in guns blazing. Unfortunately, it can be frustrating when those plans are disrupted by a shot that randomly misses your target.

To attempt to address this concern, we’ve been prototyping a few different approaches to the shooting model. Those prototypes include:

First-Shot Accuracy

Perfect Accuracy + Recoil (Note: Some of you might’ve seen videos online - an early version was accidentally turned on a while back. Oops!)

The first prototype we’re ready to test is First-Shot Accuracy, and in many ways this version is very similar to our current experience. However, there are a few changes:

Weapons now have first-shot accuracy, indicated by a red glow on the reticle. This is applied when:

Standing still

Aiming (not hip-firing)

Aim spread is at peak accuracy (Basically, if you haven’t fired recently. It is different per weapon)

Headshot critical hits have been reduced

Shotguns are now 150% damage (was 250%).

All other weapons with headshot crits are now 200% damage (was 250%).

Damage fall-off has been introduced for some weapons

Damage applies at 100% to a fixed range.

Fall-off begins at different ranges (depending on the weapon), and decreases to 70% damage.

Sniper Rifles, Rocket/Grenade Launchers, and Shotguns are unaffected.

Other balance adjustments

Semi-Auto Sniper has had its damage increased to 75/78 (from 63/66).

Scoped Assault Rifle has had its damage increased to 25/26 (from 23/24).

+2 Base damage to all SMGs.

Everyone should feel encouraged to give this test a try - wins and other stats will count while playing this mode.

Our intent is to run multiple shooting tests, and we’ll be gathering data from many different sources (internal analytics, community sentiment, and various social platforms). Your participation is key! We want to be confident that what we have is better for the community, across all platforms and skill levels.

Not sure if this is against the rules or not, strike me if it is, but I am trying to start up my twitch stream and will be playing some Fortnite tonight. If you do feel so implored to come watch, my handle is the same as my TB name.

Thanks.

So many people in my building, neighbors and friends, are all connecting together now because of cross play. Tons of PC, Xbox, and PS4 guys that could never play together. Absolutely crazy how effective cross platform is. Game will blow up no doubt.

So many people in my building, neighbors and friends, are all connecting together now because of cross play. Tons of PC, Xbox, and PS4 guys that could never play together. Absolutely crazy how effective cross platform is. Game will blow up no doubt.

Servers already blew up for a couple hours today with all the new people coming. It's insane!

Yep. Played 4 hours the other night with friends that I use to run Halo a lot with. Haven't played with any of them in months if not years.

PC controls vs controllers make for an imbalanced advantage.  

PC controls vs controllers make for an imbalanced advantage.  

The way cross-play works is a tiered system. You can't play on the servers of devices who are weaker than yours. If Mobile and PC cross-play in a party, they play on PC servers.

Blitz is the way I want Fortnite to be. Constantly on the move, fights every minute, Tilted Towers no longer a hot spot...

Perfect.

Late to the party, but got my 19th solo win. This game is a love hate relationship, but I LOVE how competitive it feels to play!

HMU if you would like to play on PC: TTV zFLuFFy

I also stream from time to time, but if you're all willing to hit me up with a follow I'm close to 50 followers! Thanks Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

The way cross-play works is a tiered system. You can't play on the servers of devices who are weaker than yours. If Mobile and PC cross-play in a party, they play on PC servers.

The mobile/console player on PC servers experience will most assuredly be brief. Nice, bite-sized losses. lmao.

The mobile/console player on PC servers experience will most assuredly be brief. Nice, bite-sized losses. lmao.

I won my first PC server game with me and my buddy both using Xbox controllers. Sometimes you can definitely feel like you are getting laser'd by M+KB, but its not impossible.

so... tell me how you all get into fortnite....

I keep trying because i watch it and it looks like fun! but then i get in there get a kill or 2 maybe, die and have to re-queue.  I guess i don't understand how anybody gets over the beginner hump without going ,"yeah way too fucking much downtime".

so... tell me how you all get into fortnite....

I keep trying because i watch it and it looks like fun! but then i get in there get a kill or 2 maybe, die and have to re-queue.  I guess i don't understand how anybody gets over the beginner hump without going ,"yeah way too fucking much downtime".

Playing it with a friend helps. I will never play this game alone but I'll usually hop in with a friend and just drop into Tilted Towers and see if I can last more than 30 seconds. 

Playing it with a friend helps. I will never play this game alone but I'll usually hop in with a friend and just drop into Tilted Towers and see if I can last more than 30 seconds. 

This pretty much sums up my sexual experience lately.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This pretty much sums up my sexual experience lately. :kappa:

geytred