Sign in to follow this  
TTUVAPOR

Moving on from Halo

I guess I read to much into you initial statement about BS happening in both franchises then...

It's not so much an anti-343 agenda but an anti-shitty-halo-games agenda, reach sucked as well despite not beeing made by 343...I'm just bugged by how vocal parts of the gears community acts as if their franchise is fucked while, beeing a fan of both games, I wish Halo would be at a place where our biggest problems were balancing issues, playlists and ranks...

In my eyes, both GoW4 and H5 are good games. They aren't to the level of greatness of the others, but I do acknowledge their good points and the bad points of the games that came before them. That said, a lot of the GoW community feels betrayed by some of the game mechanics (but that happened as early as GoW2 with stopping power).

In the end, it's just a matter of perspective. As an avid player of both since their inception, I understand how easy it is nowadays to say, "I give up on this franchise, etc." 

I stopped playing Halo a few months ago.  I really don't miss it.  I've found other things to do with my life than play video games, it's actually pretty nice.

Maybe it's because I am getting older and my interests are changing, or maybe it's because the past 7 years of Halo have not been very enjoyable.  I am not at the point where I have played more of the Halo games that I dislike than I have the ones I liked.

H5 hasn't had any new content in so long. It's no wonder why a lot of people have moved on. I still play it personally but not nearly as much. I've had to play other games to fill that "boring" vibe I get after playing for just a couple hours. 

Halo 5 is so bad, I started working more hours.

Other than that, I've basically ventured out to just collecting games old and new as a hobby. Hell even preserving them to a degree. I come back a month or so to see if anything changed to only be reminded why I stopped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Besides a few stints here and there I haven't played Halo for most of this year.

Decided that there is tons of games out there that deserve my attention and money more than a game that I constantly have a love/hate relationship with.

I can't really find a shooter that I want to play as much as Halo, but games like Fortnite and Overwatch help fill that void when I need to scratch that itch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

they have no problem taking money from hackers

PUBG is a fine game but it's far from perfect

PUBG is already a joke compared to fortnite.  Fortnite introduces a whole level of skill in the ability to build and construct objects.  Most of the streamers who were streaming PUBG have moved onto Fortnite.  PUBG is based on an engine that EPIC designed.  Why play a game that is using and engine that someone else developed when I can play the game that uses the same engine from the developer themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I moved on too, hence my last post over 3 years ago lol. 343 just isn't interested in releasing a good game at launch. The franchise just can't support a competitive scene without an even larger casual community. So when the servers are total dogshit or if it's missing forge the community dies near instantly. No other FPS satisfies my competitive drive, but 343 makes it really hard to love the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't play Halo anymore either (And I'm expecting H6 to be a HeroShooter/Destiny, so I don't see that changing). 

I usually play BF1 now or single payer games (sometimes Fortnite BR recently). 

343 is genuinely one of the worst AAA developers in the business (That is not an over exaggeration in any way either.) It sucks that a franchise that I have devoted so much time into was driven into the ground, but that's life. I agree that there are much better games to play nowadays, and if you get past the name "Halo" most people here wouldn't be playing H5 anyways. 

I quit Halo about 2 years ago and I don't miss it at all. I play it maybe once every 3 months or so but nothing like I used to. 343i disgusts me and killed Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Moved on from halo since end of Halo reach era, currently i'm playing Destiny 2, fortnite and WW2! 

I'll still buy/play Halo 6 whenever it comes out but most likely won't stick with it long like halo 4/mcc/5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quit Halo around August of last year. I miss the old days of Halo CE, 2, and 3 when the competitive community was significantly larger and could go out to events.. But Halo 5 made me (more than likely) quit the entire franchise; so I don't miss any of the newer Halos at all. It's not Halo anymore and I don't agree with their vision of Halo. It's also slightly difficult to get motivated these days when I literally have one singular friend that plays Halo anymore.

After moving on, I've found my love for multi-gaming again like I used to when I was younger, hopping from game to game with my brother and just destroying people online. Currently playing Destiny 2, NBA 2K, Smash, Marvel, and then random obscure arcade games mixed on PC and Xbox for fun. 

I still like coming on here every day and just reading what you guys say though. I just don't really post much anymore these days. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 made me quit Halo, and Halo 5 made me hate Halo. 

Halo 4 was so bad I just had no desire to play. Halo 5 had more potential but the aiming made me pissed off every time I played. I have basically no hope for Halo 6 other than they go back to Halo roots, fix the aiming, and make a perfect PC port that requires skill even with M/KB. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 made me quit Halo, and Halo 5 made me hate Halo. 

Halo 4 was so bad I just had no desire to play. Halo 5 had more potential but the aiming made me pissed off every time I played. I have basically no hope for Halo 6 other than they go back to Halo roots, fix the aiming, and make a perfect PC port that requires skill even with M/KB. 

Halo4 was definitely the tipping point for a lot of people. Really didn't help that the console shift was after H4 and MCC launch was insult to injury.

I had friends at the time that bought the XB1 on the hype alone and tried to persuade me but buying H4 limited edition made me bitter about it, enough to wait it out and see if everything was alright and I'm glad I did.

I think I am taking this a step further and moving on from Xbox all together.

About a month ago, my living room Xbox One S reset itself. All of my apps lost the passwords and I had to re-add my xbox live accounts. The apps and games were still installed but I had to set everything back up. Device control, sound settings, you name it.  Ever since then I have not been able to add or remove pins from "my pins."  On the home page where "my pins" should show up it says "Your pins aren't available. Sorry about that. They should be back soon."

Last night I reached out to xbox support about the issue after trying various fixes around the internet.  I spent two hours with the first technician trying to resolve the issue.  Slowly working with the person only to finally get to the last step which was them telling me to do a full factory reset, remove all game and apps and data. So I did it, reformatted. After, I installed Cuphead on fresh image and I still could not pin a game or app. Only now, the "My pins" gave me the massage "You don't have any pins. Pin some games or apps to see them here." 

At this point I was conveniently disconnected from the first xbox support representative. So I reconnected to a new person and explained what happened and they wanted to back through all the steps. I tried to explain that there was not much more a person could do beyond completely reformatting the xbox. They finally were convinced and started to say that the xbox needs to be sent in to be checked.  At this point I was going through the settings on my xbox and I saw the setting about "make this xbox my home xbox." So I did that thinking maybe that would fix it. It did not fix anything, but it gave me the idea to check and see if I have the same problem on my other "Halo box". Sure enough that box had the same issue. Can't add or remove pins. Can't get them to show up on the home page.  

So at this point I am thinking this cannot be a hardware problem. It has to be an issue with my account. So I start to explain that to the technician. The tech does not understand and just keeps saying that the xbox needs to be sent in to be checked. So I ask if they are going to have me send in both boxes, one being an OG box and one being one S.  At this point I get disconnected from the second support representative and I am just done.  I'm sitting here with a freshly formatted Xbox One S with no games or apps on it.  I start to look through the games in my library and see which one I should install and I quickly realize there are literally no games on my xbox that I want to install.  Halo 5 is garbage and I can play Halo Jaun on PC, So I don't need MCC for that. So I have two xboxes that literally serve no purpose further than media apps like Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and Amazon and 4k Blu Ray playback.  This whole experience made me just want to sell both boxes and go buy a switch.  

tl:dr 

Xbox support is so horrendous that it made me realize I really hate the console and there are no games exclusive to the console that make me want to invest further in it. 

edit: 

LOL

Now I need support to get support. What a fucking joke.

tftoy29.jpg

There is pretty much no reason to own an Xbox anymore. Of course it depends on personal preference, but the platform haa really gone downhill in the last decade. Being a Halo fan makes it especially easy to leave Xbox behind and I never really cared about another Xbox exclusive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is pretty much no reason to own an Xbox anymore. Of course it depends on personal preference, but the platform haa really gone downhill in the last decade. Being a Halo fan makes it especially easy to leave Xbox behind and I never really cared about another Xbox exclusive.

You don't want to play Halo 6 Champions Battle Royale?!?

Console. Seller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once you stop being attached to the name on the box because of nostalgia, memories, comfort-level(most people will stick with the games they are decent at to boost their ego hence cod's popularity), gaming becomes alot more fun imo. Three of my favorite franchises UT, Rainbow Six, Quake have all been fucked to death by incompetent devs/publishers and brought back to life in worse iterations that stray farther from the original formula each time. After you go through it that many times you just stop giving a fuck and see the industry for the evil, greedy, self-serving mess it really is. There is no loyalty anymore they would gladly sell a 10+year veterans soul for 10 fresh CoD fanboys who will drop the game in a week after they learn they cant quick-scope. Its just best to try new games(which is a breath of fresh air believe me) that are trying actual new ideas and the load of new awesome games on the market and start anew instead of holding out hope for a distant memory of a game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've moved on too. I deleted halo 5 and MCC from my Xbox recently to make space for new games. I still check in for big events as a spectator but that's pretty much it. I'll probably never actually play halo again unless the team at 343 Industries is changed/fired and we get some radical change.

Having much more fun with DICE games. Battlefield 1 really took me in and I know that all their future games are going to stay true to the Battlefield formula and Thrusting and Charges will never make their way into that game.

I had my complaints about Reach but I still played it constantly for two years straight. I didn't play Halo 4 nearly as much but I still played it. Halo 5 finally got to a point where they changed so much that I don't even consider it a Halo game anymore. It's just some sci-fi shooter with a Halo skin. You're talking to someone who played Reach for two years straight and Halo 4 on-and-off for two years and I still couldn't play Halo 5 for a month before dropping it completely and then selling my Xbox One.

There hasn't been an exciting new FPS since 2007. The only one that comes close is Overwatch though I wish Blizzard would implement a Forge-like mode. That would literally make that game 100% better than TF2. After playing Halo 3 and TF2, custom matches on custom maps are the way to play a game forever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty much the only current FPS that isn't full of bullshit mechanics that ruin the game is CS:GO, atm, so in a way it's hard to single out 343. Halo should be that kind of game. And that's what makes Halo 5 so obnoxious. It's really not that far away from being decent, but 343 won't ever fix the real problems, as their joke of a weapon tuning update clearly demonstrates. What they need to do is have the balls to just CUT the bullshit instead of endlessly tweaking it to avoid addressing the fact that their original vision for the game sucks. That's why, instead of buffing the magnum, turning down aim assist/magnetism, and nerfing autos, they decided to "reinforce" the utterly pointless "roles" of their cluttered mess of precision weapons. They're just reinforcing the fundamental issues with their sandbox design. It's how they operate. They never say "this was a shitty idea and we're just going to cut it." Instead they say come up with a slightly different angle for that shitty idea, fine tune that shitty idea, and pretend the problem is gone, which is why nearly everything that made Halo 4 awful is still in Halo 5 somewhere plus some new shitty ideas like garbage aiming, buffing melee, and buffing grenades.

​If Halo 6 isn't accompanied by a CoD WWII-style "boots on the ground" marketing campaign and a real PC port, I'm done. There's no excuse at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really try to want to play Halo 5 but all of the bullshit really just feels bad. Its not fun. I mean I can enjoy Destiny 2 pvp and that has just as many weird mechanics and even that is a million times more satisfying because its smooth and snappy. Bungie, at least mechanically, knows how to make an FPS. Nothing feels like a chore when I'm simply moving around the map. Flashback to Halo 5 where it feels like I'm trying to drive stick in stop and go traffic just to efficiently move around the map and you just stop wanting to actually turn the game on. This is insane because Halo comes from a place of totally smooth mechanics and transitions at all times. It was so user friendly. Probably will never have Halo as my main game again at this point as I didn't even buy H5 due to H4/MCC (it was given to me) and they just can't seem to create a technically sound and user friendly game at this point regardless of competitive woes. I boggle at the amount of trash this studio produces. Basically the only way they can right the ship for me at this point is a huge classic gameplay push akin to BF1 and WW2. Its probably the only way they right their own ship too since they just keep sliding further into irrelevancy as most gamers start to notice the trend that they only seem to produce garbage video games. I'll still be watching and giving feedback or whatever as always but they need to actually do something well for once if they ever want to see money from me again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have no idea where 343 is at or anything cos i don't catch up with news anymore but I have this idea in my mind Halo 6 will go back to classic halo like COD has done. 

I have no idea where 343 is at or anything cos i don't catch up with news anymore but I have this idea in my mind Halo 6 will go back to classic halo like COD has done. 

Elaborate? The only thing that's classic about CoD: WW2 is the WW2 skin. The gameplay, maps, and now even more loot boxes fits the pattern that series has been on since 2007.