CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think the money would have been better spent building up to an incredible inaugural season for Halo 6, including getting MLG on board, than having another lack-luster HWC for Halo 5. The game is stale and I don't think the viewership/turnout will see any ROI for 343 this season. 

All they need to do is release a separate set of playlists/maps, similar to Warzone's separation from Arena, for classic settings --- unique dev maps built without sprint + abilities in mind, and settings similar to the H3 throwback playlist (or whatever).  This would keep classic fans + new fans happy.  I already treat the H3 throwback playlist as a different Halo game, so this could just be an extension of that.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes because 2 pros from different teams have never played halo casually together ever.....

Well now Spartan joined them. Also, Snipedown said Ola left and didnt get dropped.

• Upvote (+1) 6

All they need to do is release a separate set of playlists/maps, similar to Warzone's separation from Arena, for classic settings --- unique dev maps built without sprint + abilities in mind, and settings similar to the H3 throwback playlist (or whatever).  This would keep classic fans + new fans happy.  I already treat the H3 throwback playlist as a different Halo game, so this could just be an extension of that.  

What I think will happen is 343 will release Halo 6 with a "legendary" edition that comes with an updated previous Halo title (eg. Halo 3 remastered/4k/HDR etc), just like COD did with Infinite Warfare & Modern Warfare bundle.

Halo 6 will be similar to Halo 5 but with QC updates, but the thing they will focus on is trying to get 4k 60fps, so that they can market it with the Xbox One X (help push console sales as a "next gen game"), just like how they focused on getting 1080p 60fps on the current console.

What I think will happen is 343 will release Halo 6 with a "legendary" edition that comes with an updated previous Halo title (eg. Halo 3 remastered/4k/HDR etc), just like COD did with Infinite Warfare & Modern Warfare bundle.

Halo 6 will be similar to Halo 5 but with QC updates, but the thing they will focus on is trying to get 4k 60fps, just like how they focused on getting 1080p 60fps on the current console.

right, we can’t avoid sprint/abilities in the main experience of H6, but if 343 can also carve out a few playlists for classic gameplay it’ll be like printing money

I am actually quite interested In the process the HCS staff goes through finding another TO and planning events when they are still looking for a HCS Events Manager. I am assuming It's just a big group effort? 

Always thought that was interesting. 

#WhereIsWorlds

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 6 HAS to be next year. There is no way H5 survives 2 more years

Unless we get a solid spinoff next year to hold us over another year, H6 has to be next fall, or we're in for the driest 365 days ever

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola trippey saiyan tapping is my guess

I really liked this video, figured some of you guys might too. I'm a big Celtics fan and since this is the internet I'll assume everyone's seen Hayward's injury at the start of this NBA season. Also knew he was a pretty big Halo guy, so this was cool to see. Spends a decent amount of time talking about his experience with competitive Halo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPJxLyXxvk

Get him to post here

Halo 6 HAS to be next year. There is no way H5 survives 2 more years

H6 is 2019

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well now Spartan joined them. Also, Snipedown said Ola left and didnt get dropped.

Sauce

Ola trippey saiyan tapping is my guess

Get him to post here

Str8 sick said Ola bubu Saiyan Trippey, which seems correct atm, Ola has played with all 3 last week or so.

Halo needs to shift towards classic gameplay and ship in the Spring otherwise it’ll continue to get drowned out by other fall/winter shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems like teams are finally changing drastically and that's pretty awesome as a viewer. I like seeing how entirely different teams play, not just swapping one person lol

right, we can’t avoid sprint/abilities in the main experience of H6, but if 343 can also carve out a few playlists for classic gameplay it’ll be like printing money

They're honestly idiots if they keep going with sprint/abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 3