CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm confused though, didn't they just move to Houston?  Are they moving again to Dallas? ... also I have no clue what this means for OpTic, but I doubt it's anything good

They moved to Dallas, just their Overwatch team is based in Houston. Envy owns the Dallas team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why have a weapon on the map that's useless? I'd rather see them using a mediocre weapon and grabbing better ones than starting with a beast of one and never bothering to pick up another one unless it's a power weapon.

No weapons should be useless, especially not the starting weapon. When your starting weapon is underpowered compared to everything else, that leads to snowballing.

In fact, the magnum being underpowered compared to everything else is one of the main reasons for the tuning test. You are suggesting that we go right back to having that problem again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

... aren't the weapons on the maps supposed to be upgrades though?  Why would you ever pick up a weapon that is worse than what you're using?  I understand making it so that the starting weapon is able to compete with the weapons on the maps but it doesn't make sense why anyone would bother grabbing a BR if they're handicapping themselves by doing so now?

Pick up weapons should be niche upgrades. Plasma pistol depletes shields, but lack of killing ability. Sniper good at distance, but can (should) be difficult to use unscoped or at close range. Rockets kill quickly, but have low ammo and aren't that good at distances. DMR/BR were literally just better versions of the pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The most baffling thing about 343

They had a chance to inject a whole new race worth of new and interesting weaponry in to halo.

Instead they reskin weapons we already have with floaty bits and spend all of their dev time copying random shit from COD.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We should be pushing for new maps and gametypes, Not sure about the majority of you guys/the pros but I'm getting extremely bored of the HCS playlist, 50% or more of games are strongholds. I'd love new maps added. Has a DLC map pack been announced? I don't follow waypoint much.

Haven't heard anything about new maps, but I'm assuming Oddball will be tested at the very least. 

New maps would be nice as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should be pushing for new maps and gametypes, Not sure about the majority of you guys/the pros but I'm getting extremely bored of the HCS playlist, 50% or more of games are strongholds. I'd love new maps added. Has a DLC map pack been announced? I don't follow waypoint much.

I doubt we’ll see new maps unless they start using Forge . most of the team is busy working on the next titles.

They need to get Oddball in the mix, hopefully at the expense of a slayer round.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pick up weapons should be niche upgrades. Plasma pistol depletes shields, but lack of killing ability. Sniper good at distance, but can (should) be difficult to use unscoped or at close range. Rockets kill quickly, but have low ammo and aren't that good at distances. DMR/BR were literally just better versions of the pistol.

I'm of the opinion that no weapon should lack lethality.  I don't -mind- the Plasma Pistol being more effective as a fire-and-switch, but the versions of the past where it was completely unable to attain a kill on its own were awful.  Reach PP was best PP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should be pushing for halo 6 to actually play like halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My point being that I've heard it constantly that "the BR is trash now".  Well then why the hell would I use it for anything?  Either it's trash and useless, or it's not and I agree with you with the reasoning about "niche" weapons. It can't be both though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No maps announced and I wouldn't expect any to be honest.

With the game running how it is post-update, forge should run fine on all consoles due to the resolution lock on the Xbox One. We need some new forge maps catered for strongholds & Oddball instead of the disc maps. Just my opinion, Strongholds has gotten pretty stale.

Bring back Killa KC 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt we’ll see new maps unless they start using Forge . most of the team is busy working on the next titles.

They need to get Oddball in the mix, hopefully at the expense of a slayer round.

I wish they'd go a drastic route in the gametype and map department...

Toss some forge maps in, get oddball and assault in, even if they aren't optimal.

I cannot take another season of the exact same maps and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No maps announced and I wouldn't expect any to be honest.

With the game running how it is post-update, forge should run fine on all consoles due to the resolution lock on the Xbox One. We need some new forge maps catered for strongholds & Oddball instead of the disc maps. Just my opinion, Strongholds has gotten pretty stale.

Bring back Killa KC 

It's sad that competitive Halo still has to turn to Forge for acceptable sustain content, 10 years in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm of the opinion that no weapon should lack lethality.  I don't -mind- the Plasma Pistol being more effective as a fire-and-switch, but the versions of the past where it was completely unable to attain a kill on its own were awful.  Reach PP was best PP.

What do you think would be a good way of adding lethality to the PP? An initial charged shot taking someone to no shields, and then a second charged shot killing? Or a charged shot killing if someone is already at no shields?

I didn't play enough Reach to know what the PP was like in that game.

My point being that I've heard it constantly that "the BR is trash now".  Well then why the hell would I use it for anything?  Either it's trash and useless, or it's not and I agree with you with the reasoning about "niche" weapons. It can't be both though. 

Yeah exactly.  You wouldn't and making it the starting weapon isn't the answer either 343.  

The problem with the BR before was that it was too easy.  The problem with the BR now is that it's too weak.

Tighten up the bursts a bit so the bullets are still distinct but the kill time is reduced slightly.

And for the love of god just get rid of the random spread.  makes no sense.

Yeah exactly.  You wouldn't and making it the starting weapon isn't the answer either 343.  

The problem with the BR before was that it was too easy.  The problem with the BR now is that it's too weak.

Tighten up the bursts a bit so the bullets are still distinct but the kill time is reduced slightly.

And for the love of god just get rid of the random spread.  makes no sense.

ALL they had to do was reduce bullet magmatism and aa. They couldn't just do that of course 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Plz learn to lead and keep your reticule on your enemy

We can't all break the laws of physics like you. Sorry.

• Downvote (-1) 10

I like the new BR, feels like Halo, it’s only trash in comparison to the god pistol now, just like every other weapon. DMR was balanced to be a long distance weapon which is what it’s meant for, camo is actually camo, pistol magnetism breaks the game so all you guys who love missing shots and still getting hit markers must be the ones complaining about the new BR. If everyone starts with it, no one is at a disadvantage. Before the BR was literally broken, I would miss shots and the game would just hand me a perfect. Plz learn to lead and actually keep your reticule on your enemy, I don’t notice the random spread of the BR at all, and if we could deal with H3 spread then this is fkn incredible in comparison to that BR.

Halo 3 BR was shit though - just because we are handed a derivative of shit that is better doesn't mean it's still not shit. The only important metric is this:

How much fun is the weapon to use? Is it fun to miss random shots?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 BR was shit though - just because we are handed a derivative of shit that is better doesn't mean it's still not shit. The only important metric is this:

How much fun is the weapon to use? Is it fun to miss random shots?

Is it fun to have a pistol with that high of magnetism? Pick your poison bub.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2