CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah I can understand that. I really don't get hyped for sniping in H5 unless its like Royal 2 no scoping an entire team trying to come up blue ramp on coli or something. Its probably just hard for the casters to hype up the more cerebral plays without taking time to explain them

See, this could be fixed, too. I personally feel most casters tend to just reiterate what's being shown on the screen over elaborating on some of the background plays or butterfly effects going on, or what COULD be done and what teams are doing in comparison. I get it can be hard to explain these plays in the moment, but I think if they were to avoid sensory overload and just maybe take a slow breath to go a bit more in depth, we could get more of these good explanations and have both a good background track of people talking alongside gameplay. T2 tends to do this sometimes. It'd go a great way into explaining how people act, maybe be informative over reiterative. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm actually surprised that pistol skill isn't far more emphasized by the casters. Some players are SO good compared to others with that gun

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im with you on the sniper 100%, its appalling but theres a crowd here who also think its awesome to see sick shots and as casters we feed off thier hype. Let the hype take you and enjoy it, make the best of a badly balanced gun :)

I totally agree with this and this is exactly why I don’t think a harder sniper rifle would really make much of a difference.

It’s also not like it’s a rocket launcher

• Upvote (+1) 2

I totally agree with this and this is exactly why I don’t think a harder sniper rifle would really make much of a difference.

It’s also not like it’s a rocket launcher

However i do agree with @@TheIcePrincess, single kills and nothing special kills shouldn't be overhyped for no reason.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We live in a weird world where people freak out over sniper kills/multikills in Halo 5. Baffling.

Would you prefer a boring stream? At least the snipe is better than og Halo 5 mechanics. Then you'd have a point. Although I agree, Halo 6 needs a harder sniper.

Would you prefer a boring stream? At least the snipe is better than og Halo 5 mechanics. Then you'd have a point. Although I agree, Halo 6 needs a harder sniper.

I mean, we could also just get hyped over and put emphasis on good plays, which don't always come in flashy forms. And we do, don't get me wrong. But again. This is the weapon you don't even to aim with. You can be off target by three head lengths and still get the shot. Taking the hype from those plays shouldn't make the stream boring. But I think if they do (to you, as this argument you propose seemingly does, correct me if I'm wrong) then I think there's a larger issue than just the Sniper if that's the sole thing causing engagement with the audience, to where removing it makes the stream boring lol.

Everything pretty expected today with the matches. Can't wait for Day 2, and I want at least one upset tomorrow. I'm looking at you EU. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, we could also just get hyped over and put emphasis on good plays, which don't always come in flashy forms. And we do, don't get me wrong. But again. This is the weapon you don't even to aim with. You can be off target by three head lengths and still get the shot. Taking the hype from those plays shouldn't make the stream boring. But I think if they do (to you, as this argument you propose seemingly does, correct me if I'm wrong) then I think there's a larger issue than just the Sniper if that's the sole thing causing engagement with the audience, to where removing it makes the stream boring lol.

Trust me. I've bitched since Reach about how easy snipe has been since Halo 3. Hopefully @@GrimBrother One is giving notes to the 343 crew

Who else plays tomorrow?

Going by the schedule they showed on the Bravo stream before it ended:

First Matches: Splyce vs Str8 (Alpha) | Fable vs Berserker (Bravo)

Second Matches: Renegades vs Wise (Alpha) | TOX vs Mindfreak (Bravo)

Third Matches: Oxygen Supremacy vs Infused (Alpha) | Reciprocity vs Myztro (Bravo)

Fourth Matches: Elevate vs Vexed (Alpha) | Envyus vs Immunity (Bravo)

• Upvote (+1) 3

So far:

CLINCHED:

Splyce, Str8

Tox

Rec

Envy

ELIMINATED:

Berserker, Fable

Mindfreak

Myztro

Immunity

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fun Friday. Its 6:20 am and I think I should go to bed. Wife and daughter going shopping whole day so I can sleep as long as want. Life is good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Calm down. It's a Halo 5 sniper, so it's not impressive. :kappa:

:beyond::Toxic:

Anyone else getting a serious dose of nostalgia from seeing the positions of the casters, with the crowd in the background and the stage off to the side. Reminds me of old school Halo 3 MLG days... good times.

I'm hyped for Saturday! Anyone who's not, just remember ... Walshy's watching.

walshey%20gif_zps3iyc5b87.gif

It's not an MLG event until we get the bleachers back. Just saying

• Upvote (+1) 3

What's at stake each match (please point out any mistakes I've made)

Group A

Splyce vs Str8: Winner gets first in the group, loser gets second

Fable vs Berserker: Winner earns $5,000 more prize money

Group B

Renegades vs Wise: Winner gets second in the group (cannot get first assuming head-to-head against TOX is the tiebreaker)

TOX vs Mindfreak: Nothing at stake as far as I can tell (assuming head-to-head is the tiebreaker for similar records)

Group C

Oxygen vs Infused: Winner gets second in the group (cannot get first assuming head-to-head against Reciprocity is the tiebreaker)

Reciprocity vs Myztro: Nothing at stake as far as I can tell (assuming head-to-head is the tiebreaker for similar records)

Group D

Elevate vs Vexed: Winner gets second in the group (cannot get first assuming head-to-head against Envyus is the tiebreaker)

Envyus vs Immunity: Nothing at stake as far as I can tell (assuming head-to-head is the tiebreaker for similar records)

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really enjoy Wes as an analyst.

He does bring some fun to the table, doesn't he.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really enjoy Wes as an analyst.

This.

Don't think I've seen this posted yet.

It's not an MLG event until we get the bleachers back. Just saying

I'll see your bleachers and raise you a "Lock it up!"  :simms:
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I think any pro on the desk is a good thing. I remember MLG used to bring in pro's for analytic commentating during games a lot. Dunno if @@Clap can make that happen again but it'd be cool.

• Upvote (+1) 6