CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

She's not wrong though. The sniper in Halo 5 is so much more easier than it needs to be, so freaking out feels meaningless. Yea great someone got a kill with an easy weapon. It would be far more exciting if it was something difficult.

in the grand scheme of things, no it wouldn't

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Infused beating oxy is what i want

Wise scaring rng would be good too. They play so passive it's infuriating

• Upvote (+1) 2

When the weapon's proven to be able to kill someone when you don't even aim at them, hype should never be a thing with that weapon and clips people get with it. But here we are.

Exactly. You would think that vying for better weapons that require even slightly more skill would be the main thing to do. I would totally get hyped for a sweet ass triple in say CE. Halo 5 it feels more like a "Well what did you expect."
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

in the grand scheme of things, no it wouldn't

Oh yeah? I wouldn't expect someone to get hyped for me washing the dishes. It's practically the same thing for Frostbite to get a snipe.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are we just now seeing an overkill if it's so easy? Top players in the world have played all day and Frosty got the first overkills.

And regardless of difficulty you're just gatekeeping. Let people get hype. If you don't enjoy it, guess what? Nobody cares.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are we just now seeing an overkill if it's so easy? Top players in the world have played all day and Frosty got the first overkills.

And regardless of difficulty you're just gatekeeping. Let people get hype. If you don't enjoy it, guess what? Nobody cares.

That's a pretty poor argument considering its easy for everyone. Besides just because something is easier to aim doesn't mean everyone is going to hop out to challenge/miss every shot with other weapons

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Work. Lack of money. Lack of motivation.

You seem fun. We should become friends.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I just want to reiterate:

Why are you not at this event?

Assuming this is general, I'm not there because I don't give a shit about competing in this game. On the other hand, no finances/want to go and live spectate a game that doesn't warrant my general attention in the first place.

Maybe my argument wasn't for Overkills in the first place, lmao. If I'm supposed to let people "get hype", then I sure as hell am allowed to question why people are hyped up about something that's literally easy to do in any skill bracket of the game. Obviously people, you included, care when you have to validate how much you "don't" care by responding in the first place. Not good arguments.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

You seem fun. We should become friends.

I am actually quite fun. Most of my money spent for convention is going towards going to a concert. I'm just not interested in Halo 5 (cause obvious reasons). I love Halo and always will. But I'm not going to lower myself to liking a game that I can never enjoy playing just to make myself feel like I'm back in the glory days of Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I feel like these two just decided to hop in this thread and shit on the positivity lol

Lol its just the same argument people have been having about H5 since the dawn of time. No point in really getting into it now Halo 5 has plenty of skill based things to actually care about. Sometimes I think people are too fixated on the power weapons (they are too easy) rather than the movement, positioning, and coordination

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like these two just decided to hop in this thread and shit on the positivity lol

Nah I'd join in if there were something to celebrate. The venue is amazing. The casters have been slightly better than 16 (and much better than 17), the interviewing is actually worthwhile, and there's better chances of the series not ending in a 4-0. Which is all great. The game is the only thing holding it back.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah so anyway...

I'll actually have to respectfully disagree with you here, as I personally think mixing in clips like this is a great way to help a wider audience feel engaged and included, from a variety of standpoints. One of the uphill battles esports in general can have is the sense of exclusivity, which can hinder growth. Again, totally just my perspective. I love seeing the mix and match of different types of clips to break up some of the top-flight action.

So there’s a chance for some McDonald’s Forge this weekend?

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol its just the same argument people have been having about H5 since the dawn of time. No point and really getting into it now Halo 5 has plenty of skill based things to actually care about. Sometimes I think people are too fixated on the power weapons (they are too easy) rather than the movement, positioning, and coordination

I mean, sure, but me fixating on one aspect (due to the hype surrounding it) isn't me just ignoring other aspects of the game, to be fair. Not saying you said I did, but just clearing it up that my rant on sniper hype isn't me shitting on the game as a whole. Just a weird social aspect I had to question. I know movement can take its own skill, and has here, or elsewhere, even if I personally dislike it. Same for positioning. I know this all too well. But most of what I could say would just be reiterating what other people have said already, over asking an entirely new question.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dont be that guy, that series was a shit load of fun for a pool play match.

Sure, hence why I didn't complain about everything else and just got on the sniper hype because it's weird to me. I just made a post about this above the post you just wrote. It can be fun, and entirely is, even if it's not my thing. But I'll always question stuff like this when it weirds me out.

Just for reference.

I mean, sure, but me fixating on one aspect (due to the hype surrounding it) isn't me just ignoring other aspects of the game, to be fair. Not saying you said I did, but just clearing it up that my rant on sniper hype isn't me shitting on the game as a whole. Just a weird social aspect I had to question. I know movement can take its own skill, and has here, or elsewhere, even if I personally dislike it. Same for positioning. I know this all too well. But most of what I could say would just be reiterating what other people have said already, over asking an entirely new question.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Yeah I can understand that. I really don't get hyped for sniping in H5 unless its like Royal 2 no scoping an entire team trying to come up blue ramp on coli or something. Its probably just hard for the casters to hype up the more cerebral plays without taking time to explain them

So there’s a chance for some McDonald’s Forge this weekend?

:lxthul:

I miss the Christmas videos
  • Upvote (+1) 2