CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It is far more impressive to win a Halo 5 event currently then it was to win a CE tournament. It was impressive for the Ogre twins to win as much as they did, but each event in and of itself was so much less meaningful. It simply wasn't as serious.

correct, it's like InControl being the best Brood War player (in America) in 2007 ... not really that impressive when there are like 200 people taking the game seriously in the entire country.

with that said, I think OG2's H3 national championship win in 2010 is more impressive than any H5 win, because the competitive player base was massive.  the top 4-6 teams in H5 are disgusting at the game, but there's a huge drop-off after that 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Having unfortunate luck solo q'ing in Oddball. Majority of my teammates have been potatoes. :mj:

Oddball, is the simplest objective gametype there is, yet people still find ways to be complete morons.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Even after a 1 million dollar event is announced. A major org leaves and a legendary player hangs it up. That speaks volumes for the HCS and Halo 5. 

Uh...you should maybe see what LoL players are doing after worlds?

I feel like you are grasping for anything with this point. This stuff does happen all the time you know.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uh...you should maybe see what LoL players are doing after worlds?

I feel like you are grasping for anything with this point. This stuff does happen all the time you know.

It's not much for grasping, the HCS with H5 is dying.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Even after a 1 million dollar event is announced. A major org leaves and a legendary player hangs it up. That speaks volumes for the HCS and Halo 5. 

469.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not much for grasping, the HCS with H5 is dying.

I'm not getting into that discussion. I'm saying it's silly to say orgs/players leaving automatically equates to a scene dying.

It happens ALL the time. In every esport.

There are plenty of other ways to make the argument that things aren't doing so well but that isn't one of them.

Curious to see if the Xbox One X will be the system used by the HCS in 2017.

Anyone getting one tomorrow?

The XBox One Xtra Ca$h Money Grab?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll be picking one up at some point in early 2018 after all my Christmas expenses are over. 

Hasn't it been said that it will effectively eliminate heavy aim?

I have a sneaking suspicion they'll continue using standard Xbones for open setups and then use the X for main stage purely for advertising purposes. Unless the X has drastically better performance and players demand it.

I’m getting one in 2018. I don’t think it will make my call of duty experience any better. Plus I have a PC for everything else.

Hasn't it been said that it will effectively eliminate heavy aim?

Imagine if this was the fix.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm getting one, not specifically for games but for the UHD player. Might as well knock 2 birds out with one stone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if this was the fix.

Even if it is I don't see the average person throwing $500 at Microsoft just to fix a mechanic specifically within Halo 5. Maybe pros and the upper echelon Halo players, but this will still be an issue for most people.

I'm literally keeping my XB1 only for H5 at the moment, switching entirely to PC gaming once H6 releases.  If I hadn't built a gaming PC last year I might consider selling the XB1 and buying an XB1X

I have a sneaking suspicion they'll continue using standard Xbones for open setups and then use the X for main stage purely for advertising purposes. Unless the X has drastically better performance and players demand it.

It would be crazy NOT to use X for any station capable of being broadcast. I'd go as far as you use them on the open setups as well- any one who shows up is a potential customer to sell the X to. I'd want as many people as possible to touch it.

I'm literally keeping my XB1 only for H5 at the moment, switching entirely to PC gaming once H6 releases. If I hadn't built a gaming PC last year I might consider selling the XB1 and buying an XB1X

MS should allow us to play pc games on the x1.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Is it just me or is the updated BR not even worth picking up anymore??

Were people complaining about the standard H5 BR??  Why does 343i change things after we spend 2 years getting used to them with no apparent issues?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im getting one. I got the 4k tv last year, now the console. Credit cards are the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it just me or is the updated BR not even worth picking up anymore??

Were people complaining about the standard H5 BR??  Why does 343i change things after we spend 2 years getting used to them with no apparent issues?

The BR and AR were the main weapon complaints with the game.... LOTS of people were complaining about them.  Just because its been a while, doesn't mean an update can't be done. Both of the updates are wrong for those though.  

The AR had its base damage cut by almost a quarter then had its headshot damage buffed significantly.  The headshot damage has been overdone.  I would rather see them keep the mechanics the same as they have it now. Increase base damage a touch and get rid of the headshot multiplier or at least cut it down to what it was before.

BR was way too easy.  All they needed to do was decrease aim assist, bullet magnetism and spread the bullets in the burst out a tiny (shot timing not spread) bit but keep the total ttk the same.  Instead they did all that, but overdid the burst spacing thereby increasing the TTK and introduced random spread.....  The random spread doesn't seem to make a difference luckily (per Vetoed's test) so why is it there in the first place??

I will say the Grenade changes i like quite a bit.  The AR and BR though... they moved in the right direction, but overshot the landing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The random spread doesn't seem to make a difference luckily (per Vetoed's test) so why is it there in the first place??

Did he test only with red reticule, or at any point without?