CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

member when we had a fight last week about being on topic for an event no one talked about? can we be on topic for this weekend for an event most of us will talk about? @@Tashi, those pools would be a huge help with that.

the beyond team (ex-optic) to show why they're 2 time world champs this weekend

• Upvote (+1) 5

It always baffles me when people suggest that entertainers don’t “need” the money they make, so consumers of said entertainment are collectively spending too much. This falls right in line with arguments like Athlete’s and Artists are overpaid. It’s as if the laws of supply and demand don’t apply when a public display of a personality and/or talent is the product being sold.

I mean yeah I do think they're massively overpaid for putting a ball in a hole or a puck in a net.The worth and sale of sports-entertainment and branding has always felt a bit weird to me, considering the other jobs out there.

But that's a whole other discussion.

You're not going to find the answer to why people donate/sub by viewing benefit/utility in strictly material terms. You have to consider other dimensions of utility, like the satisfaction one gains from feeling as if they are a part of a larger group when they sub/donate, and then the obvious (but pathetic) satisfaction one gains from having their name read aloud on stream.

It's like voting in a national election, it appears irrational, the chances that your vote will be pivotal are virtually zero. But people do it because there is more going on than just trying to make your candidate win (group satisfaction, sense of civic duty, etc).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean yeah I do think they're massively overpaid for putting a ball in a hole or a puck in a net.The worth and sale of sports-entertainment and branding has always felt a bit weird to me, considering the other jobs out there.

But that's a whole other discussion.

I mean these people basically dedicated their entire lives to doing those things. It's probably better to think of them as being paid as entertainers.

Well you are a very special case then, I don’t agree with, it but hey you do you - nothing wrong with that.

Irony in all this conversation, especially with BEAST is...he has Beyond Premium  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Uhhhhh

I'll explain..

I actually don't lol. But in those cases you HAVE to pay to go. It's not the same experience if you don't. If concerts were free but had a donation box for the artist I would not put any money in it lol. But those events also use that money to pay everyone involved. It's more than just one person getting all the money.

Also, at other events you personally get something when you pay. At a concert you get, well, a concert. At a sporting event you get to be there in person, something you don't get at home. But when you donate/subscribe to a guy that makes $100,000+ A MONTH you aren't gaining anything at all. The experience is the exact same. It's just giving a guy money lol.

The only reason he makes that much money is because people subscribe to his content. If you were to find out tomorrow that Beyond made $300,000 from people with Beyond Premium, would you cancel your subscription, then ride on the back of others for the same content? Yes you get more +rep, more emotes. Same can be said for Ninja's emotes and access to his Discord. 

And upon further investigation, Stikki realized that Beast does not have Premium. Point still, Beast gets to read Stikki's mistake because the servers are still running from the money of Beyond Premium donations.  :simms:

:wutface: I'm blind

I'll explain..

The only reason he makes that much money is because people subscribe to his content. If you were to find out tomorrow that Beyond made $300,000 from people with Beyond Premium, would you cancel your subscription, then ride on the back of others for the same content? Yes you get more +rep, more emotes. Same can be said for Ninja's emotes and access to his Discord.

I don't have premium
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Man I hope we get pools soon so we can be on topic again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have premium

We will always remember July 2016 - August 2016 Beyond%20Big%20Smile.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yea I used it to play in the FFA lol. Basically just a $5 entrance fee at a chance to win more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would argue that teachers are vastly underpaid

I would argue that primary education is vastly undervalued, leading to low wages.  For how much it is currently valued by those that make the rules, teachers are making a fair salary.  Sad i know, but we don't make the rules....

Edit: things that are essentials like food (essentially price fixed via agribusiness lobbying and the federal government) and medicine (it is illegal for medicare to negotiate drug prices for cancer drugs and $300 EpiPens, etc etc etc) cannot follow the same rules as supply and demand since they are "needs" and not "wants".  Teachers unfortunately fall under the "want" category.

cyren supports egrills  confirmed

I love my char fake and food electronic

Is there a way to see how long someone has been premium?  I'm curious how much money you have made off me haha

Yea I used it to play in the FFA lol. Basically just a $5 entrance fee at a chance to win more.

And I'm sure Beyond appreciated your generous donation and in turn provided you with some entertainment.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Is there a way to see how long someone has been premium?  I'm curious how much money you have made off me haha

You are at 20 months, thank you for the incredible support!

If anybody else is curious, feel free to PM me - I'll try and get back to you over the next few days.

I'm not gonna give a guy money when he already makes 1000x what I do. Makes absolutely no sense.

its very likely that some of your money goes to someone who makes 1000x what you do every time you spend.

And I'm sure Beyond appreciated your generous donation and in turn provided you with some entertainment.

Could I have played without paying? No. You guy are seriously missing the entire difference. You get everything WITHOUT paying on twitch. I'm watching the exact same thing you are. I played in an FFA for $5 to see what it was like. Had I not payed 5 dollars I would have gotten NOTHING. If it was free to play with a $5 donation appreciated I wouldn't have paid lol that's te whole point.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Could I have played without paying? No. You guy are seriously missing the entire difference. You get everything WITHOUT paying on twitch. I'm watching the exact same thing you are. I played in an FFA for $5 to see what it was like. Had I not payed 5 dollars I would have gotten NOTHING. If it was free to play with a $5 donation appreciated I wouldn't have paid lol that's te whole point.

If streamers you liked didn't make money from subs, you CAN NOT watch them because they couldn't stream anymore. Where is the disconnect? If everyone had your logic, twitch and streamers alike wouldn't be able to provide content. 

You are able to make these opinions you have on this site because of people like me and other premium members, and the hustle of the staff to pay for the servers and fees. Nothing is free. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If streamers you liked didn't make money from subs, you CAN NOT watch them because they couldn't stream anymore. Where is the disconnect? If everyone had your logic, twitch and streamers alike wouldn't be able to provide content.

Yes, but once a streamer is making 500k a month, why continue to donate? He is going to continue anyway because others are going to donate and sub.

If I had to guess, BEAST gets subbing and donating at the smaller level. But when you're donating to someone who will absolutely positively do fine without it there's something else going on.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, but once a streamer is making 500k a month, why continue to donate? He is going to continue anyway because others are going to donate and sub.

If I had to guess, BEAST gets subbing and donating at the smaller level. But when you're donating to someone who will absolutely positively do fine without it there's something else going on.

Exactly.

1) That looked sick from the pics.  Looks like a lot of people showed up considering how many teams there were.  LATAM is definitely a market that could explode with the right support.

2) Esports players really need to just smile in their pictures haha.  

You are at 20 months, thank you for the incredible support!

If anybody else is curious, feel free to PM me - I'll try and get back to you over the next few days.

Considering how much time i spend here, that's only like 5 cents per hour of activity. That's pretty cheap entertainment by any standard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

say everyone had that attitude and  nobody supported because "he's made enough money", what do you think would happen to that content?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1