CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cool option for those near Columbus, but can't go to the event.

this is because friday is not open to spectators at MLG arena

I mean, he's still not wrong... 

Hes not at all, I think it is a really cool thing that you all are doing this for the community in Columbus too since I am apart of it, I'm going to try to go to the MS store there on Friday, but I am attending the event that weekend! I'm Pumped for it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hes not at all, I think it is a really cool thing that you all are doing this for the community in Columbus too since I am apart of it, I'm going to try to go to the MS store there on Friday, but I am attending the event that weekend! I'm Pumped for it!

Woot! Hope to see you there :-) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else think M&Ms are slowly increasing the thickness of the shell and decreasing the amount of chocolate and hoping we don't notice?

Finally, somebody said it!

Yeah, you're right. Every single fighter AM I've met has been super humble and accommodating. Then again, I have experienced the same from some AMs in the FPS world too. Maybe it's just the fact we are actually INSIDE the Halo AM community that distorts our perspective?

I'm kinda not digging using the AM title anymore. I'm going to use "Competitors-With-Not-Enough-PP".

I'd say as someone who has played/competed in H5 (though not in person) and SFV, GG, DBFZ in regionals/premiers, that the scenes are very different but also i wouldn't say that most/all players are humble and accommodating (though accommodating much more pronounced imo). I've had players get upset in sfv that I was in the corner for the majority of the match yet i still won the round for getting the "random" hit, rage quits, twitter salt about any of those games listed etc etc. Though yea i would say the idea of better players helping newer players is much more pronounced than in halo i think. The events ive been to i felt getting a match with a top player was as simple as waiting in line to play. I've played daigo in a FT3 that i set the number down since the line was long (the guy previously did like a FT10 lmao), LPN played me until he got called up and helped me out and joked while running games, etc.

Most of the players I play against in locals are better than me but the gap is slowly coming to a close as I keep playing them which is generally the concept. Help new players to get to your level and now you have new competition to improve.

But yea theres lots of salt which is partly why there is a big discussion on getting good because of the salt. 

Though i do wonder if these things that are more pronounced in fighting games would be the same as Halo if it was a 1v1 game solely because of logistics to set up a random match with a pro team for example

TBH I think it's just team games. I have a lot of friends with fighting game backgrounds who dabbled in H5 competitively and it was ultimately the stress of finding teams, inevitably getting dropped or having the team breakup, and then starting over from square one that pushed them out of it. You have to have quite a bit of confidence in yourself to not see losing a team as a sign that you aren't good enough.

I feel like this post is 90% about me lmao

Another great angle to look at, it must be nice to only have to worry about your own self improvement, attendance, funding and dedication.

It's really nice, i dont regret not competing outside of subbing for a player. Competitive halo just doesnt feel like an overall positive as i feel FGs are. If 2v2s were the thing id take it more seriously/  different flavors for different folks i guess

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else think M&Ms are slowly increasing the thickness of the shell and decreasing the amount of chocolate and hoping we don't notice?

4792162.jpg

ooooooooof

Some choice quotes:

"I also noticed that the “Vote” function was removed from the build, which is in line with the team’s plans to adjust how playlists work and address one of the frustrations many players report today when the population generally only votes for Halo 3."

"We have folks on the team whose job it is to look further ahead – beyond this current update work – and imagine an exciting possible future where MCC continues to grow and evolve over time."

"Yes, a Custom Game Browser is on the docket for MCC. As far as how this will function, that’s still being worked out but it likely will be more robust than the Custom Game browser that was added to Halo 5 last year."

“Yes, we’re looking to add offline LAN support for MCC.”

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean, that's the general plan... 

and then we'll have one more H2A season of HCS, right Grim?!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This looks like they are devoting a lot more resources to this than they were initially letting on....

Splitting the game up for intelligent delivery this far after the fact is actually a big project.  With all the games, language options etc.

This line intrigues me:

Several parts of the project are taking “one step backwards” before they can take “two steps forwards.”

That must be referring to the CE and H2 PC ports and whatever the heck moving to 60fps did to the already atrocious H3 hit detection. Among plenty of other things im sure.

I hope part of what they are working on is the long ass load times for H2A as well.