CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

here's the $ payout for AGL 1

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments/6528-agl-chicago-2013-halo-4

also isn't this all just copy-pasted from Halo Gamepedia?  you should probably give credit (Ahawowow and other people put a lot of that data together), unless you did some work that I'm not aware of

thank you! and yes, i just put a source in the post

i always give those dudes credit don't worry, i planned on it when i eventually tweet it

edit: looks like that's AGL 3, i appreciate it though

Infused v Vexed WB finals was seriously intense and well worth a watch.  This was also the first series on sunday so should be easy to find.  Fable v Myztro LB SF was also insanely close and well worth watching and is the series after Infused v Vexed.

Thank you kind sir.

• Upvote (+1) 1

thank you! and yes, i just put a source in the post

i always give those dudes credit don't worry, i planned on it when i eventually tweet it

edit: looks like that's AGL 3, i appreciate it though

Just dove through some old VOD, tweets, etc and can't seem to get anything on prizes for AGL 1-2 :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I just spent a half hour going through AGL Facebook, Flickr, Youtube pages, watching post-finals videos, Reddit threads, Twitter, etc., etc., and wtf man, prize payout amounts for AGL 1, AGL 2, and AGL 9 are literally non-existent.  Anyway I did find a couple things (@Moses):

As you probably already know, AGL 4 had no cash prize, it was an AM tourney ("Prize: 1st place will get a full sponsorship to AGL Nashville")

Also the Wiki page for AGL 3 payout is incorrect, first place was $4500 (see here)

edit: I literally do internet-based research for a living (at a consulting firm) so this is really mind-boggling to me that I can't find any specific data points on AGL 1, 2, and 9.  For some reason AGL posted photos of the FFA winners holding their $500 checks for AGL 9, but not the 4v4 ... anyway I'll keep digging, this is annoying me now

• Upvote (+1) 2

edit: I literally do internet-based research for a living (at a consulting firm) so this is really mind-boggling to me that I can't find any specific data points on AGL 1, 2, and 9.  For some reason AGL posted photos of the FFA winners holding their $500 checks for AGL 9, but not the 4v4 ... anyway I'll keep digging, this is annoying me now

Combo of a few things: Nuked social media, Twitch VOD is too old, HaloCouncil website is gone + tie in them being new lower end events at the time too.

It might be best to just ask Billy or Brad at this point.

Just dove through some old VOD, tweets, etc and can't seem to get anything on prizes for AGL 1-2 :mj:

i really appreciate the effort, it's a shame H4 was so unpopular and AGL was such a shit show, we would probably have much better records if that weren't the case

Raw. Uncut. Unpaid. Halo.  :lxthul:

So I just spent a half hour going through AGL Facebook, Flickr, Youtube pages, watching post-finals videos, Reddit threads, Twitter, etc., etc., and wtf man, prize payout amounts for AGL 1, AGL 2, and AGL 9 are literally non-existent.  Anyway I did find a couple things (@Moses):

As you probably already know, AGL 4 had no cash prize, it was an AM tourney ("Prize: 1st place will get a full sponsorship to AGL Nashville")

you're a legend, and I didn't realize AGL 4 was an AM tourney (but that explains the results), I'll remove that event from the list 

for the record i have horrible recall memory so that's why i keep so many lists/notes

did you check https://www.twitch.tv/arenagamingleague/videos/all ? that's where i found the AGL 4 results

they might mention the AGL 9 prize but i haven't gone through the videos yet

Also the Wiki page for AGL 3 payout is incorrect, first place was $4500 (see here)

good find, let me tag @@ahawowow (<3) just in case he misses this thread page

• Upvote (+1) 1

it was for a sense of pride and accomplishmentTM

• Upvote (+1) 2

did you check https://www.twitch.tv/arenagamingleague/videos/all ? that's where i found the AGL 4 results

they might mention the AGL 9 prize but i haven't gone through the videos yet

yes, I went through the AGL Twitch archives and Youtube archives, which are basically identical (nothing from before AGL 3 on either site), I'm almost finished watching the FFA / 1v1 / 2v2 finals videos for AGL 9 to see if the announcers mention 4v4 prize pools anywhere, nothing yet and I'm almost done with the VoD, so I dunno.  It's the strangest thing that no one mentions it anywhere ... anyway it's crazy to see Spartan and Goldenboy in 2012, lol

I've basically given up on AGL 1 / 2 prize pools, AGL Brad deleted his Twitter account and all of AGL's social media stuff starts with AGL 3, I can't really see any way to get that data.  But AGL 9 data should definitely be out there somewhere

edit: sighhhhhhhhhh can't find the AGL 9 data, officially giving up ... one thing worth noting is that it sold around 32 team passes, which means that the prize pool was almost certainly something like $3k for first, $1.5k for second, and $500 for third

• Upvote (+1) 1

The disconnects are unacceptable - 343 better fix them. 

Totally off topic, but Underoath and Dance Gavin Dance just announced a tour together, see you all at the providence show if you're going

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just hooked up the new Netgear Nighthawk router with the DumaOS that lets you restrict which host/server you can connect to - so far I haven't had the frustrating non-registrating head shot as I always connect to my local dedicated server near me.

Anyone else have one of these or thinking about getting one?

Just hooked up the new Netgear Nighthawk router with the DumaOS that lets you restrict which host/server you can connect to - so far I haven't had the frustrating non-registrating head shot as I always connect to my local dedicated server near me.

Anyone else have one of these or thinking about getting one?

I'm thinking about buying one. not for gaming, but because the guy from spectrum who just repaired the cable at my house was raving about them.

how does restricting your server play out in matchmaking? is out faster?

I'm thinking about buying one. not for gaming, but because the guy from spectrum who just repaired the cable at my house was raving about them.

how does restricting your server play out in matchmaking? is out faster?

The controls are cool non-gaming wise with throttling devices, or blocking web content if you're a parent or something. Idk if they're worth $300 though.

I figured going in that matchmaking would take longer because it could only connect me to my Texas server and given H5's low player base you know, but I really don't a see much different wait time. The biggest thing is just no more blank shots hopefully - will have to play some more for sure though and still haven't tried COD yet

• Upvote (+1) 1

Found this in the AGL 9 thread

qAqXTl6.png

that and the "AGL closes down" thread were tough to read in 2018

we were in such a shit spot before HCS

yes, I went through the AGL Twitch archives and Youtube archives, which are basically identical (nothing from before AGL 3 on either site), I'm almost finished watching the FFA / 1v1 / 2v2 finals videos for AGL 9 to see if the announcers mention 4v4 prize pools anywhere, nothing yet and I'm almost done with the VoD, so I dunno.  It's the strangest thing that no one mentions it anywhere ... anyway it's crazy to see Spartan and Goldenboy in 2012, lol

I've basically given up on AGL 1 / 2 prize pools, AGL Brad deleted his Twitter account and all of AGL's social media stuff starts with AGL 3, I can't really see any way to get that data.  But AGL 9 data should definitely be out there somewhere

edit: sighhhhhhhhhh can't find the AGL 9 data, officially giving up ... one thing worth noting is that it sold around 32 team passes, which means that the prize pool was almost certainly something like $3k for first, $1.5k for second, and $500 for third

5 years later AGL is still causing us grief

you're a champ for even trying

Looking through old h4 threads, and all I can say is that it could be so much worse than it is now.

that and the "AGL closes down" thread were tough to read in 2018

we were in such a shit spot before HCS

5 years later AGL is still causing us grief

you're a champ for even trying

sigh lol

and yeah, reading back through the AGL 9 thread on here was surreal for sure; we were really in a bad place in 2013

• Upvote (+1) 3