CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cntra shooter fal randa???

they are dropping randa and picking up tapping buttons for regionals

i think randa is just filling the spot so they can play in the 2k

it makes 0 sense for NA teams to be at a EU regional qualifier 

You missed the point of the post.

Next "season"/year we should remove that distinction and any team that wants to compete worldwide, whether it's EU, ANZ, NA, etc can compete in any of the "open" events on the circuit. The top 16 teams qualify, just like that. Think it would benefit EU teams greatly in the long run and make all events more interesting/profitable. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Mixer chat stays more on topic then TB.

Also I don't have to close it. Never thought this would happen but I may stay on mixer from now on for these events.

I'm sure it comes off as biased, but I legit love the Mixer experience, particularly with chat. Now part of that is of course a sheer numbers issue, but for now I do feel like I can actually have conversations and discussions with folks about what is going on on-screen. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Next "season"/year we should remove that distinction and any team that wants to compete worldwide, whether it's EU, ANZ, NA, etc can compete in any of the "open" events on the circuit. The top 16 teams qualify, just like that. Think it would benefit EU teams greatly in the long run and make all events more interesting/profitable.

It would give players who can't afford to travel half way around the world a major disadvantage though...

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'd love to see this happen, especially for halo 6 when the game and meta is super fresh

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Tashi

Starting next season I think it's time to eliminate the EU vs NA (and other region) distinctions.

For viewership sake (Gfinity did such an amazing job and it's a shame we barely cracked 5K viewers), NA teams should have been able to compete in HCS London. Yes, I understand it's a qualifier, but the top 16 teams are the top 16 teams, period. EU teams like Vexxed, Fable, Infused, etc will still make the top 16 for Worlds regardless, and you get the benefit of EU teams getting better practice against NA teams at more events. This will allow EU to grow WITH the NA scene rather than getting spanked by the top 4 since they hardly get to compete against NA teams. Imagine how good Infused could be if they had consistent practice against squads like nV, REC, Splyce, Optic, etc?

Just a thought. Hopefully this will change for Halo 6 when MLG runs an Open Circuit ;)

Some of the viewership problems had to also be disconnects

they should keep the regional distinction. this way they could still have online 2ks and regional finals.

throughout the season though, each region should host open tournaments, where anyone in the world can participate- with top teams from each region getting invited straight to groups. seed open brackets based on pro points, regardless of where they were aquired.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it makes 0 sense for NA teams to be at a EU regional qualifier

W2Aka00.png

bracket: https://www.gfinity.net/halo-5/cups/halo-world-championship/halowc-london/bracket

I dont understand why we cant have more mixed events and have the top x number of eu/na/anz teams qualify. It would require a few more qualifiers but if they were spaced through the year vs just a 3 month period.

It would be a dota-esque format where open events give worlds qualifier points and 3 or 4 mixed region events could be worth more points. Then have a lcq to fill out the last qualifying slots for each region. All that build up i think would justify the top heavy prizing of worlds

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont understand why we cant have more mixed events and have the top x number of eu/na/anz teams qualify. It would require a few more qualifiers but if they were spaced through the year vs just a 3 month period.

It would be a dota-esque format where open events give worlds qualifier points and 3 or 4 mixed region events could be worth more points. Then have a lcq to fill out the last qualifying slots for each region. All that build up i think would justify the top heavy prizing of worlds

Moni in all likelihood.

Give it time, MLG have only just got on the scene so we don't really know what the landscape will look like post-Worlds. Having said that, unless the demand / appetite really picks up for the game I do not see the benefit of a DOTA style system when instead they could just massively improve on say the older MLG circuit style and fold in a few large more prestigious EU tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A great surface pro that's a "beast" on paper doesn't really mean much in real life. Source: Best friend runs IT for a national flooring company and they armed their salesmen with surface pros last year.

Update: People lanned last night on the higher end PCs and there was a decent amount of crashes still.

Must be a bug of some sort with the app causing the crash. Good and bad thing, probably an easier fix. Just weird this wasn't an issue during early release with the app. Maybe something with Windows 10 fucked it up?

With the amount of times win 10 updates i wouldn't doubt one of them fucked it up. 

they are dropping randa and picking up tapping buttons for regionals

i think randa is just filling the spot so they can play in the 2k

Will they hjave enough points to pick up someone with 0?

Will they hjave enough points to pick up someone with 0?

yes, they would be the 13th seed with 24,780 points

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get it. 

The 'current climate' was the reason given for not releasing country-specific weapon skins. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

The 'current climate' was the reason given for not releasing country-specific weapon skins. 

Yeah, I mean... I know that lol - and like with almost everything, it's always more complicated than it seems; just wasn't sure what it had to deal with mixed events... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I mean... I know that lol - and like with almost everything, it's always more complicated than it seems; just wasn't sure what it had to deal with mixed events... 

we have a particular talent and that is to meme anything and everything

• Upvote (+1) 8

we have a particular talent and that is to meme anything and everything

when he says anything and everything, he literally means all 200,000 cables.

• Upvote (+1) 5