CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Myztro just fell apart those last 2 games. I do feel they really struggle under pressure.

The question is, is there a roster lock? I could see myztro making a change if not. I hope they dont but this is EU halo.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the local server software in general, or if it's the fact that they're using it with MS Surface devices, but something needs to be changed.

It's so unacceptable to have this continuously happen.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Man, one or two of disconnects could maybe be forgivable but this is genuinely ridiculous...

I'd much rather have the long gaps between games/matches we got with the dev kits than these constant disconnects..

• Upvote (+1) 1

The disconnects didn't happen this often at orlando right? maybe it's the specific surface device they're using

This is pretty embarrassing. These are the most important matches. Pretty much all of them are getting restarted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel sorry for Gfinity and all the guys running the show. They put so much heart into this. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I fell sorry for Gfinity and all the guys running the show. They put so much heart into this. 

It's such a shame.

Besides the crashes the event has been near enough perfect. I've not noticed any other issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gfin have been running a great event so far and it sucks to see this happening to them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Coming back around to this giant blog post I made in December, "we've" released a video form of the analysis. I feel like a 5 minute summary video is much more accessible to most people than a 3000 word essay. 

I'm not a video editing/production whiz, so I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have on the content or presentation. I know it's not ideal to release the video counterpart to a post 2 months apart, but better late than never, right?

Good video, but some stats I would recommend looking into with Rockets/Sniper when talking about "Power Weapon Control"

Check these stats, specifically for those weapons:

Accuracy (How often the person is hitting per shot fired)

Kills Per Shot Fired (How efficiently the person is using these weapons that can average ABOVE 1 kill per shot)

Damage Dealt Per Shot Fired (How often the Sniper is hitting headshots, and how close to the target the rocket person is firing on average)

Damage Per Second (How much damage is being dealt per second with the weapons) -- this is one where a lower DPS may actually yield a higher win %, since it means you're potentially exerting more pressure through threat of the weapon being used rather than just using the weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I went to a local LAN in Michigan when the closed server app first dropped and I think we had ONE disconnect in 48 hours of constant gaming, and the disconnect wasn't even a server drop, only one person got booted. We were running it on pretty high end PCs so I'm thinking this is an issue from the hardware being used.

I was told they know what the bug is and it's gonna be fixed before our regionals, not sure if that means for the rest of the LANs. Hopefully it does get fixed though.

From the start I thought that using Surfaces seemed like a weird idea...

Edit: I'm out.